Schefter: Packers releasing Jordy

The Natural

Reaction score
He was a complete non factor when Rodgers went out. What's he going to do with Dak slanging the rock.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Without Rodgers playing.

When Aaron played. 380+ yards and 6 tds.

From the reports I’ve read he was looking noticeably slower last season. He’s 32 and they’re calling him old and slow. If they felt it was just the QB situation they wouldn’t be releasing him. They just signed Jimmy Graham and are obviously looking to shake things up.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
So on the hundley Rodgers spectrum where’s my man Dakota land

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We don’t need to be adding another slow receiver to our receiving corp. We need some speed. Nelson is a product of Aaron Rodgers in my opinion. Pair him with a lesser QB and he won’t be very good. Read several reports that said he was looking noticeably slow last season.

Carson

Reaction score
So on the hundley Rodgers spectrum where’s my man Dakota land

Dak >> Hundley

I cannot even put Dak and Rodgers on the same playing field. But only a handful of guys are (Brady, Brees, Rivers etc)

GenoT

Reaction score
If Aaron Rodgers was actively onboard with this move, or at the very least didn’t object, then you gotta figure Nelson doesn’t have much left in the tank.

Because if it IS true(?) that the laser-throwing Rodgers no longer believes in Jordy, then of course it stands to reason that the Cowboys should bring him in as a target for the less-accurate Dak...right?
:huh::lmao2::thumbup:

Rayman70

Reaction score
We don’t need to be adding another slow receiver to our receiving corp. We need some speed. Nelson is a product of Aaron Rodgers in my opinion. Pair him with a lesser QB and he won’t be very good. Read several reports that said he was looking noticeably slow last season.
YOUR KIDDING. What good is speed if you cant get open and run good routes? ,...see DEZ...and twill.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Jordy anywhere near his prime, or even Jordy from a couple of years ago, would be an incredible add to the Cowboys. Saw a couple of interesting facts about Nelson:
  • He is ranked #1 in NFL history for long (40 yard+) TD receptions. He passed Jerry Rice back in 2014 in that category with 7.
  • Nelson posted 1,250-plus receiving yards and 13-plus TD catches in the same season 3 times in his career (2011, 2014, 2016), the 4th most in NFL history behind Hall of Famers Jerry Rice, Randy Moss and Terrell Owens
Having said all that, I watched a bunch of Packers games last year and he looked done. I don't think a change of scenery is going to change that.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Nelson had a three year stretch that compares to any WR that has ever played, yet had a bad year statistically because of an injury to
his QB and now he's "old and slow"... smh

2013 GB 16 16 85 1,314 15.5 76 8 0 0
2014 GB 16 16 98 1,519 15.5 80 13 0 0
2016 GB 16 16 97 1,257 13.0 60 14 1 1