Schoonmaker dealing with plantar fasciitis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carson

Reaction score
“He should be fine” “we expect him back week 1! We don’t want to rush.”
“Injury lingering longer than expected” “We will place him on the PUP to make sure he is 100%”
“We expect him back a few games in” “We expect him back around Thanksgiving.”
“We hope to have him for the playoff push” “He will be ready for the playoffs”
“He’s out for the year” “He was never healthy enough to play. He came back strong and will be 100% in 2024”
This is it. This will linger all season limiting him

starfan1

Reaction score
The old guy pick that majority hated and a massive reach is going to miss time. A redshirt year at 25 is great ;)

This just means O’Cyrus Torrence will be first team All Pro this season
This ^ I’m still hot lol. Could have had the guy a round later

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Plantar Fasciitis usually becomes a recurrent, chronic issue even for people that don’t run and jump for a living. This will likely affect Schoonmaker at some level for most of his career.

They won’t admit it, but the Cowboys were very much banking on this player to come in and immediately play a pretty big role for them.

I won’t make a judgement until after it’s all said and done, but I think Dallas may come to regret this pick.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What is the success rate of plantar fasciitis surgery?

It has a 70% to 90% cure rate. The plantar fascia is a thick piece of fibrous connective tissue that extends from the heel bone and fans out along the bottom of the foot to the toes. The fascia provides support to the arch of the foot and acts as a shock absorber.
https://www.emedicinehealth.com › ...

What Is the Success Rate of Plantar Fasciitis Surgery? - eMedicineHealth

Cowboys should put Schoonmaker under the knife and have the surgery permanently get rid of plantar fasciitis. Put Schoonmaker on IR and get him ready for next year (2024). Quit playing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.