Twitter: Schoonmaker suffers setback, could make his training-camp debut Monday

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
For the 1000th time, there wasn’t one there they liked for the blocking scheme they planned to implement. The big mauler everyone wanted was one of the lowest rated OGs in the entire draft when it came to pulling which is a huge part of the power running style they plan to use. Pre draft rankings do not match up with team specific wants and needs for a particular position. This is a great example of that.
There are plenty of players who go undrafted, o-line guys among them. To say Dallas didn't draft an o-line guy in the second round because they wanted to pigeonhole that pick to fit their profile fine. If Schoonmaker continues Dallas' string of second round failures, we can all comfort ourselves knowing they picked by the book....

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Aug— “doesn’t sound too serious”
Sept— “no timetable for return”
Oct— “he’s working back into a return”
Nov— “he needs surgery and we’re putting him on IR”
A toe injury is not great. Probably as bad as a Miles Austin hammy.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do I look at productivity? Is that the question? Yes, I do.
He played in a run based offense at Michigan. So looking at his receiving stats in college does no good.

Had he been in a pro style offense and put up bigger numbers then he would have been drafted before the Cowboys had the chance.

rambo2

Reaction score
A bust? Come on now. I wanted Washington too but this guy will be fine. He has a bad toe. It will get fixed.
Funny how you guys wanted Washington and he went a full round later.

rambo2

Reaction score
He played in a run based offense at Michigan. So looking at his receiving stats in college does no good.

Had he been in a pro style offense and put up bigger numbers then he would have been drafted before the Cowboys had the chance.
It's funny that they don't look at Washington's stats.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For the 1000th time, there wasn’t one there they liked for the blocking scheme they planned to implement. The big mauler everyone wanted was one of the lowest rated OGs in the entire draft when it came to pulling which is a huge part of the power running style they plan to use. Pre draft rankings do not match up with team specific wants and needs for a particular position. This is a great example of that.
So you bought that nonsense about blocking scheme? Like you bought the nonsense that they want to use a power running game style? Is that why they resigned Pollard and have guys like Davis and drafted Deuce? For that "power running style"?

Torrence was there for the taking as the #1 rated guard. It was a gift. There were also tackles and a center we could have had with small trade ups.

rambo2

Reaction score
So you bought that nonsense about blocking scheme? Like you bought the nonsense that they want to use a power running game style? Is that why they resigned Pollard and have guys like Davis and drafted Deuce? For that "power running style"?

Torrence was there for the taking as the #1 rated guard. It was a gift. There were also tackles and a center we could have had with small trade ups.
A trade up and they would not have been able to get Overshown.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

You obvious have no clue what a power running game is. It is not straight ahead blocking with mauling OL and a big RB. Check the link and learn something. Play close attention to what the OGs are required to do. Torrence was one of the worst OGs in the draft at doing it. I find people who spout off without knowing what they’re talking about amusing. Keep it up!

Guess it wouldn’t allow the link. Anyway, go find out what OGs are required to do and you’ll figure out why they weren’t interested in Torrence.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I noticed Schoonmaker getting first team reps and catching a touchdown from Dak on what appeared to be 7-7 drill. He is a big guy and ironically reminds me of Dan Campbell. If he makes it through the rest of the week I bet he plays against Jacksonville.

You obvious have no clue what a power running game is. It is not straight ahead blocking with mauling OL and a big RB. Check the link and learn something. Play close attention to what the OGs are required to do. Torrence was one of the worst OGs in the draft at doing it. I find people who spout off without knowing what they’re talking about amusing. Keep it up!

Ah, so power running games are small Olineman and small RB's?

BWAAAAA!!!!!! :lmao2::lmao::lmao::laugh::laugh:

What are you going to teach me? That TJ Watt wasnt good for our defensive scheme and Taco was? :muttley:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Washington isn't a receiving TE and the Cowboys didn't like any of the guards available when they were on the clock. Besides, they draft OT's and move them inside now.
Hes as much of a receiving TE as schoon except hes bigger more athletic and 3 years younger. I woulda been fine with an OT project to guard pick as well

rambo2

Reaction score
Hes as much of a receiving TE as schoon except hes bigger more athletic and 3 years younger. I woulda been fine with an OT project to guard pick as well
You mentioned stats in the past about Schoonmaker. How do Washington's stats compare?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You mentioned stats in the past about Schoonmaker. How do Washington's stats compare?
almost 800 yards in 3 years. not much better but like I said he's 3 years younger than schoon. he's bigger and more athletic than schoon. also just as good a blocker. Jerry picks how he wants his TE's to "look"