Twitter: Schoonmaker suffers setback, could make his training-camp debut Monday

manster4ever

Reaction score
What a waste of a draft pick................
You see him play in college? Kid was ok but nothing special....would've been a 4th/5th rounder if we didn't reach for him. Just mystifying. Hope to hell he proves me wrong but I doubt it.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Should have drafted OL with that pick. Or RB
OL. I still think Schoon will be a plus for the Cowboys if he gets healthy, but I was kinda hoping for a good OL at the time. We'll see how it works out. C'mon Schoon get healthy buddy!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Not a fan of this guy, but I hope he proves me wrong. Aside from his injuries, what did he do to deserve to be picked so high? His entire college career is what you would expect from pretty much any average starting TE in the NFL in a single NFL season.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what did he do to deserve to be picked so high? His entire college career is what you would expect from pretty much any average starting TE in the NFL in a single NFL season.
Didn't watch any games or look at his draft profile did you? Did you just look at his receiving stats to determine your opinion?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
You see him play in college? Kid was ok but nothing special....would've been a 4th/5th rounder if we didn't reach for him. Just mystifying. Hope to hell he proves me wrong but I doubt it.
I think a guy with his size that is suffering from feet issues this young into his NFL career is going to have feet issues that are going to result in a lot of IR time.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
He certainly has the ability to be a good player and he is now practicing. He is a good tight end.
How do you know that this guy is a good TE??????? He has done squat to date and he's sporting 2 bad feet................

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You see him play in college? Kid was ok but nothing special....would've been a 4th/5th rounder if we didn't reach for him.
He wasn't even playing in a pro offense in college. Had he been at a big school playing in a pro style offense he would have been drafted before us. It truly wasn't a reach for what the Cowboys are expecting from him.

rambo2

Reaction score
How do you know that this guy is a good TE??????? He has done squat to date and he's sporting 2 bad feet................
By watching him. Where do you get this 2 bad feet bs?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You've called him toast, waste, etc...all before one training camp. Don't you think that is a bit premature? And ironic, considering your posts on the Kelce thread?
I believe my take was based on missing most of the offseason he is largely becoming toast for this season making a big impact.

his returning to action this week is nice to see.

As far as me calling him a bust of a pick thats a made up lie.

but the cry baby homers always exaggerate anything that isnt glee and promotion.

so tell me do you love this pick?

rambo2

Reaction score
I believe my take was based on missing most of the offseason he is largely becoming toast for this season making a big impact.

Which is a big concern. As far as me calling him a bust of a pick thats a made up lie.
You called people morons if they would draft him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You called people morons if they would draft him.
why lie about it? I questioned anyone who said they “loved” the pick At this point in the process.

25 year old TE that was supposed to go later in the draft, that has been injured and mkssed all the offseason programs to date.

i actually defended the pickmsome, but its hard to now.