Schoonmaker vs. Dalton Schultz

quickccc

Reaction score
Rookie season we had Witten.
We still had Witten during Schultz's rookie season ?

Really ? Didn't we actually draft Shultz because Witten suddenly retired to become NFL TV color analyst ?

:huh:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Rookie TE Luke Schoonmaker has now scored more TD's than Dalton Schultz did in his rookie season.

Schultz rookie stats - 12 catches, 116 yards, 0 TD's.
Schoonmaker rookie stats (through 10 games) - 5 catches, 37 yards, 2 TD's
Why not cherry pick a stat to fit your narrative.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Most athlete's physical peak is in their mid to late 20s, and TEs are no different. The fact that Schoonmaker is spending his peak years still going up his learning curve is pretty concerning.
Yeah at age 27. The progression is 3 years. 25 - 27 means he will reach his physical peak when most players skill progressions plateau.

What is the concern? That the second contract's 4th year might not be ideal?

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Totally, okay with letting Schultz walk, but not impressed with Schoon so far.

He’s getting better, and I think he offers the physicality to they were seeking, but I still don’t love the value.

Feels like they could have found a vet FA that offers the same without spending a premium pick

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Bingo

Schultz is a nice player, but I felt he was replaceable for sure.

I think Ferg actually has a chance to be something truly special
I think so too. We can't use Witten as a comparison (thats Dallas royalty) but Ferguson looks like a player in that Mark Andrews-Greg Olsen mold which bodes very well for the Cowboys.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Totally, okay with letting Schultz walk, but not impressed with Schoon so far.

He’s getting better, and I think he offers the physicality to they were seeking, but I still don’t love the value.

Feels like they could have found a vet FA that offers the same without spending a premium pick
yea, i thought ferguson was doing fine. we picked up schultz and others along the way w/o drafting i didn't see a need to do it here. but he is here and maybe more for blocking now than catching.

Kwyn

Reaction score
As a 2nd round pick?

Shouldn't be any questions.
That doesn’t make sense.

You may want and expect all pro play from every draft pick but how about you take a look at the real picks and what they’re doing.

You’ll find a few drafted after him doing really well, you’re more likely to see people drafted ahead of him that have fans like you on their boards bemoaning the lack of future HOF play.

The draft is a crap shoot

Cowboys have shown that they are far above the average when it comes to finding talent.

The data proves that out.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ryan Griffin would have been cheap. Jared Cook? Hendershot? Luepke? A lineman? Has his blocking in 12 been meaningful? Our running game sucks. I just don't see where this guy has moved the needle.
I agree. Those late 2nd rounders that haven't developed in less than 7 months after being drafted SUCK!

SMH

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Damn! So many experts around here. Jerry should fire his scouting crew and just read the CZ. Jeez! What a frikkin joke.....