Schottenheimer: Jerry is 84 years old, we are in win now mode


Cowboys coach Brian Schottenheimer on @1053thefan said they continue to be hopeful that CB Joey Porter Jr. can play Sunday at Houston.

“We’ll see how he moves around today, see if he’s sore today. But I thought it was a great start yesterday. Really, really pleased with not just what I saw on the field, but really just the way he attacked his preparation and in learning the system. The big thing that will drive this is his ability to communicate with Caleb Downs and some of the safeties and things like that as we get ready to finish the prep.”

Schottenheimer on the trade: “We’re in a win-now mode. Jerry (Jones) is 84 years old, we got Dak Prescott playing at an MVP level right now, we’ve got a couple of incredible receivers. A chance to get a young player like Joey and add him to your roster with a secondary that is very, very beat up, I think (the trade) happens no matter what (happened vs. Baltimore).

“I think we’re always in the business of going and finding great players. And people like to call the Cowboys because we’re not afraid to make deals.”

Maybe its win now. Have the team worth an astronomical price. Sell team to prevent family drama when Jerry passes. One could hope. ;)
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,040
Messages
14,658,755
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top