Twitter: Schultz on Prescott: The ball's coming out the same as it was before the injury

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’m confused....does a broken foot affect your arm?
its not a broken foot, its a broken ankle. and yes it does affect your throwing since you have to put weight on it and pivot hard as you throw. footwork is one of the most important parts of throwing a football accurately....so yes, it affects your throwing....

Blackrain

Reaction score
Once again you have a problem with your logic. You are right...Tony was oft-injured. Because...get this...he PLAYED injured. Like a real champ. But he shouldn't have. He should have allowed his body to fully heal.

For the first time...Dak gave us that chance. Tony healed for months. He took the reins for a series and drove the team down the field like butter.

We threw that chance away. Could he have gotten injured again? Maybe...maybe not...he had a lot more time to heal than he normally takes. Playing hurt...like broken collar bones...never a good idea. If he did...back goes Dak.

But we wasted that chance on...superstition.

Just think about it for a moment....this notion has merit. Is it the gods truth? I dunno. What is?

And yes...Dak is MY qB too. I just wish people would judge Dak with the same critical criteria as Tony. End of the day we still got nothing.

Unfortunately, we will always have nothing no matter who is QB . Not even Tom Brady could overcome the dysfunction Jerry brings to this franchise . That said we can have some good football to watch up until its time to go deep into the playoffs .

Tonys body was fully healed to be a father and raise his kids . Tonys body was not able to take being tackled in the NFL anymore or the competitor in him would have had him playing for another team instead of broadcasting .

Tony was a true competitor but for once recognized that the risk was not going to be worth the reward and got out with his health .

Sorry but Dak is just a much more predictable commodity, dont want to have to cover my eyes every time my QB gets tackled because I know he is way past living on borrowed time .

I believe at the end of the day both QBs will be judged on their bodies of work. Time will tell how it plays out but for now IMO up to this freak injury Dak stayed in shape and available improving every year and out playing his draft status so I am with him and anxious to see him continue to develop and take this team as far as Jerry will let them go

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unfortunately, we will always have nothing no matter who is QB . Not even Tom Brady could overcome the dysfunction Jerry brings to this franchise . That said we can have some good football to watch up until its time to go deep into the playoffs .

Tonys body was fully healed to be a father and raise his kids . Tonys body was not able to take being tackled in the NFL anymore or the competitor in him would have had him playing for another team instead of broadcasting .

Tony was a true competitor but for once recognized that the risk was not going to be worth the reward and got out with his health .

Sorry but Dak is just a much more predictable commodity, dont want to have to cover my eyes every time my QB gets tackled because I know he is way past living on borrowed time .

I believe at the end of the day both QBs will be judged on their bodies of work. Time will tell how it plays out but for now IMO up to this freak injury Dak stayed in shape and available improving every year and out playing his draft status so I am with him and anxious to see him continue to develop and take this team as far as Jerry will let them go
Okay cool. All I am asking for is a fair evaluation. Calling Romo a 'choker" as his defining career....is ignorant...people just thinking it makes them in-the-know. I think it makes them look stupid..and completely discredits any evaluation they say about anything.

If you like Dak more as a consistent "commodity"...even if not quite as dramatic splashy....I'm good with that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
History proved you wrong. Man up and own it for once. Sheesh.
This is how dumb and ignorant you are: You couldn't bring yourself to watch the highlight vid I posted and read the comments.

The FACT of how REAL fans think of Tony would upset your fragile imagined ego.

It's not just fans either....the people this writer is talking about is YOU. I bet you won't read it....your brain won't allow the facts that prove you wrong. That is a terrible trait to have.

https://www.nfl.com/news/tony-romo-the-most-underrated-and-underappreciated-qb-ever-0ap3000000797864

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An excerpt from the above article...for America's Cowboy Hater:

"Enough with the nonsense. Let's look at the facts.

From the time he took the starting reins in 2006 through his last full season in 2014, Romo was consistently one of the better quarterbacks in the NFL. During that period -- a golden age of quarterbacking -- Romo ranked third in yards per attempt, fifth in passing touchdowns, sixth in passer rating, sixth in completion percentage and seventh in passing yards (among qualified quarterbacks). He made four Pro Bowls and established himself as a consistently clutch performer. "Wait a second," the haters cry, "You're saying Tony Romo was ... clutch?!" Um, yes. From 2006 through 2014, he had the most fourth-quarter comebacks in the NFL (23) and tied for the most game-winning drives (28)."

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another excerpt for America's Cowboy Hater:

"
Here's the bottom line: Tony Romo was a fantastic quarterback who never got his proper due. He retires with a career passer rating of 97.1 -- the fourth-best mark in NFL history. He retires as the Cowboys' all-time leader in passing yards (34,183) and passing touchdowns (248).

And, quite simply, I just loved watching the guy play football.

Sadly, I think many of you missed the entire thing."

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Another excerpt for America's Cowboy Hater:

"
Here's the bottom line: Tony Romo was a fantastic quarterback who never got his proper due. He retires with a career passer rating of 97.1 -- the fourth-best mark in NFL history. He retires as the Cowboys' all-time leader in passing yards (34,183) and passing touchdowns (248).

And, quite simply, I just loved watching the guy play football.

Sadly, I think many of you missed the entire thing."
Darn, you really are strung up on the Choker. Wow, you must love choking/losing, especially during key moments or with the playoffs on the line. No wonder you hate Dak. It must truly be excruciatingly painful watching the Cowboys these days without your crush no longer around, eh? Talk about exposing yourself for all to see...Sheesh. Get some help man.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Darn, you really are strung up on the Choker. Wow, you must love choking/losing, especially during key moments or with the playoffs on the line. No wonder you hate Dak. It must truly be excruciatingly painful watching the Cowboys these days without your crush no longer around, eh? Talk about exposing yourself for all to see...Sheesh. Get some help man.
Show me where I "hate Dak". You won't because you can't. Just a two-bit troll. A bad one at that.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Okay cool. All I am asking for is a fair evaluation. Calling Romo a 'choker" as his defining career....is ignorant...people just thinking it makes them in-the-know. I think it makes them look stupid..and completely discredits any evaluation they say about anything.

If you like Dak more as a consistent "commodity"...even if not quite as dramatic splashy....I'm good with that.

Agreed Dak is not as splashy as Tony was but I am very much OK with that as there was always as much potential for heartbreak as splash with Tony

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed Dak is not as splashy as Tony was but I am very much OK with that as there was always as much potential for heartbreak as splash with Tony

I'm going to take a moment to say this again...I think Tony gets a very unfair shake when it comes to "heartbreak". People seem to forget he often put that team on his own back...even when injured like a broken collar bone. They only remeber that last play....after he was asked to comeback time after time.

Going to put this here again...as a reminder: (does this mean he never lost a game for us? of course not. But we need to remember the good...more than the bad? You are a very good QB when you have this (as undrafted? You gotta be kiddin!)
"Here's the bottom line: Tony Romo was a fantastic quarterback who never got his proper due. He retires with a career passer rating of 97.1 -- the fourth-best mark in NFL history. He retires as the Cowboys' all-time leader in passing yards (34,183) and passing touchdowns (248)."

A good read if you aren't a "hater"...very fair assessment:
https://www.nfl.com/news/tony-romo-the-most-underrated-and-underappreciated-qb-ever-0ap3000000797864

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Still can't find me hating Dak? Told ya. You got nothing.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Dak is one hundred times better than any other Cowboys quarterback. Dak has never lost a game, none of the other quarterbacks can say that.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I'm going to take a moment to say this again...I think Tony gets a very unfair shake when it comes to "heartbreak". People seem to forget he often put that team on his own back...even when injured like a broken collar bone. They only remeber that last play....after he was asked to comeback time after time.

Going to put this here again...as a reminder: (does this mean he never lost a game for us? of course not. But we need to remember the good...more than the bad? You are a very good QB when you have this (as undrafted? You gotta be kiddin!)
"Here's the bottom line: Tony Romo was a fantastic quarterback who never got his proper due. He retires with a career passer rating of 97.1 -- the fourth-best mark in NFL history. He retires as the Cowboys' all-time leader in passing yards (34,183) and passing touchdowns (248)."

A good read if you aren't a "hater"...very fair assessment:

I can agree with some of that and I am not a hater of Tony Romo . Most definitely he pulled some games out of the fire but he also started the fire early in more than a few of those games and his fans need to take that into consideration also when speaking of his comebacks . When you look at a guy like Roger Staubach and the type of comebacks he had he was usually providing heroics to make up for someone else's previous mistakes not his own . Dont want to start a comparison but just saying .

Tony was in love with throwing the ball and he was good at it most of the time . But there were more than a few times he should have known when to say when and not tried to have too much of a good thing . Watching guys like Ray lewis bait him into passing was like seeing a crack head grab for the pipe LOL

Tony had a lot of Talent and with better coaching that forced him to respect risk vs reward and that would not tolerate his pass at all cost mentality could have changed his career drastically. Tony was a guy IMO that could have benefited from doing less and using his running game more but he loved to throw the ball and didnt need his arm twisted to opt out of the run