Signed by Cowboys Schultz signs franchise tag

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Need to get this deal done quick, but I don't think it'll happen until after June 1 and the $10 million saved from La'el Collins kicks in.

Praxit

Reaction score
...get better at blocking and he'll go up another level.

Reactions: CWR

Plankton

Reaction score
Hear that? That was $11 million of the Cowboys' cap space vanishing. Bye, Ladarius Smith, Bobby Wagner, and Tyrann Mathieu.

Stephen Jones be like

giphy.gif

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Go Dalton, now please learn how to block.

This something I would like to see him level up.

Be more of a tenacious fighter when it comes to blocking. If he could establish a reputation as a fierce blocker I think he would get more opportunities and have even more separation.

Right now I think everyone is looking at him like he is tipping off pass, and if it is a run play by Dallas you have a ragdoll in front of you blocking.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This something I would like to see him level up.

Be more of a tenacious fighter when it comes to blocking. If he could establish a reputation as a fierce blocker I think he would get more opportunities and have even more separation.

Right now I think everyone is looking at him like he is tipping off pass, and if it is a run play by Dallas you have a ragdoll in front of you blocking.
What's funny is that he had a rep as a blocker in college.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'm still hoping for him and the team to negotiate a longer term deal that will lower that cap hit.
It's still feasibly doable.

By the time the Cowboys are done with that every free agent on this forum's wish list will be all gone.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I'm still hoping for him and the team to negotiate a longer term deal that will lower that cap hit.
It's still feasibly doable.

Challenge is he is now guaranteed $10M on this contract. Your guarantees have to go up from there, and probably more than a couple mil. I have him as worth 12, maybe 14 on guarantees, but it will absolutely have to be higher now.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hear that? That was $11 million of the Cowboys' cap space vanishing. Bye, Ladarius Smith, Bobby Wagner, and Tyrann Mathieu.

With Kearse signing, does HB make a difference. No…
Smith bad back…no
Wagner, possibly. He can still be signed but he probably wants too much money or a long term deal.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Challenge is he is now guaranteed $10M on this contract. Your guarantees have to go up from there, and probably more than a couple mil. I have him as worth 12, maybe 14 on guarantees, but it will absolutely have to be higher now.
It is a challenge, but something that can be worked out.
Not saying it will be, mind you.