Twitter: Schultz Skipping Rest Of OTA's Due To Contract Frustrations

DonaldM

Reaction score
If that happened then you guys would see just how much Jerry actually doesn't care about winning.

He says he would write any check if it would guarantee a Super Bowl, but he says this knowing there's a fixed amount on how much he can actually spend. His empty words are protected by salary cap limitations.

I don't believe this team would spend much more money at all if there was no salary cap.
I disagree but agree that we will never know.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Schultz needs to get his fanny in camp to improve his blocking skills.
He's permitting his emotions to thwart his progress. :angry:

A huge raise demands the work to deserve it.

What is 'smart' guy Schultz going to do when Cowboy's fans get tired of the player's continually falling short while demanding to be paid like an Emmitt Smith, who also paid the price over years?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
:facepalm:

8 Tds would net you how many points in FF?

FYI- Among TEs

3rd in catches
6th in yards
5th in tds
3rd in catches for first downs.
5th in targets.
56 pts, not including the yardage involved.

Reactions: Ken

CCBoy

Reaction score
Monday morning brought news that Dalton Schultz, who has already signed his franchise tag and was working towards a long-term contract extension, would be skipping the remainder of voluntary OTA’s. This is a fairly common tactic for players who are operating under the tag, so it shouldn’t be too surprising to see Schultz employ it after reaching this point of the offseason with no deal yet struck.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...chultz-david-njoku-dak-prescott-jake-ferguson

With tag signed, how much over $10.931 could his contract be, adjusted and with current funds presently added?

Last edited:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
kinda weird who this front office decides to pay. top 5 TE in back to back years once he finally got the starting spot and they won't even speak to him regarding a long term contract...but wanted to overpay randy who has never played a full season in his career.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He does have a lot of long passes and gains after the catch...and this offensive push is in full sight. If he gets his money, the offensive line better perform...or the coaches, not Stephen, will be on the line.

The buck doesn't pass responsibility levels...

visionary

Reaction score
Another average player looking to be overpaid because he’s buddies with the average overpaid QB

conner01

Reaction score
thats exactly my point. I wouldn’t have lost cooper to begin with.
That’s a different argument lol
I think coopers contract was a small part of why he’s gone. I think there were others issues here and with raiders

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He's good but not great!
Next year, trade him to the Raiders. Or Cleveland.

birdwells1

Reaction score
:huh:

Ian Thomas is making more than 5M....he had 18 receptions and 188 yards
Mo Allie-Cox makes almost 6M... he had 24 receptions and 316 yards

I think you were in a coma since 2010. the salary cap has jumped a lot since you fell sleep.

If you're going to win anything in this league, your Dalton Schultz can't be your second option on passing downs. He's just not dynamic enough, imo he's Mo Allie-Cox with a better QB and more targets. Also that last sentence makes me want to invite you to Galveston to discuss this over a beer or something.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If you're going to win anything in this league, your Dalton Schultz can't be your second option on passing downs. He's just not dynamic enough, imo he's Mo Allie-Cox with a better QB and more targets. Also that last sentence makes me want to invite you to Galveston to discuss this over a beer or something.
I never said he was. you are trying to make a different argument. you said he is not worth that much, but those other TEs that are much less than him are making 5-6M.

and are you saying Dak is good? or does Dak suck? because there is a whole crew on here swear that Dak sucks, is inaccurate and backup material. but now you seemingly are a dak supporter.

I can give you a few more examples of those type of TEs at higher price ranges.

I am not advocating for us to give him a contract. by no means. but Schultz doesn't suck. he is not a good blocker. he knows how to get open and make catches and is reliable. those TEs that can block, and catch make in the 15+M range. 11M is about right or perhaps slightly above....but we hedged our bets with having no viable TEs on the roster, and losing two WRs that accounted for 40% of our pass production. maybe we over paid by a couple of million, but at least we have one more year to figure it out.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do you keep saying this? When Lamb, Cooper and Gallup were all healthy he was clearly the 4th option. He was only the 2nd option while Gallup was hurt and Cooper was spending a lot of game time on the sidelines.

As for Mo Allie-Cox, it's easy to say he (or any other low producing TE) could do this or that IF ... but market value doesn't value that over actual production that doesn't rely on an "IF".

Again, if the Cowboys decide they have other priorities that won't allow them to pay Schultz market value, so be it. Tough decisions go with the territory. But you are acting like his market value is less than half of what facts indicate it is.