Schultz to Texans for 1 year 9 million

kumizi

Reaction score
I know Scultz isn’t a world beater but wouldn’t surprise me if we’re worse at TE next year. Maybe we add a TE in the draft.

shabazz

Reaction score
seems to be a new trend here. Jerry didn't overpay to keep him.

I wish him well but am confident that the 2 young TEs behind him help can get the job done.

either sign a vet FA at a manageable salary or draft his replacement.

nobody

Reaction score
This is a bad move for Cowboys. For some reason him and Dak connected. You don’t let that guy leave. Dak is already bad enough. Now without his security blanket.
Wrong. Dak focused on Schultz too often when other guys were wide open. That's detrimental. So Dak will have to look at the field and see other guys now..ones that are actually open.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I hope he does well there.

I hope Fergi & Hendershot step up

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a bad move for Cowboys. For some reason him and Dak connected. You don’t let that guy leave. Dak is already bad enough. Now without his security blanket.
Not sure it was often enough. Sometimes it was like...surprise....rather than expected.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
This is GREAT NEWS that schultz is gone. No more 3 yard out routes to Dalton on 3rd and 10. Damn I'm happy right now.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
What Do you mean, it is great news for comp picks.
We lost 5 players and signed no one to offset them. Now do a few qualify to get any comp picks, Need to see contracts. As well 4 of them need to be in the top 36 or however many they hand out now.
Last I knew the contract needs to be at least $1 mil per year Including bonus.
I say that just because it’s not a huge contract and Houston isn’t exactly a high powered offense and size of deal + stats are basically how those picks are formulated.

Who knows maybe it’s a large enough deal and Schultz becomes a top target there. I’d feel better about our odds of a 3rd/4th round comp pick had he gone to a team like Cincinnati on a 3/35 type deal.