Thanks sailor, you in port for long?
Just picking out my destinations

maxresdefault.jpg

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lagavulin 16 says 'hi,' and that you guys need to get some better taste in scotch. Drink your smoke like a man. I'm not even going to dignify the Snickers thing. Get a nice fun-size cigar if you really want to pair something with it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lagavulin 16 says 'hi,' and that you guys need to get some better taste in scotch. Drink your smoke like a man. I'm not even going to dignify the Snickers thing. Get a nice fun-size cigar if you really want to pair something with it.
Hey, the Snickers thing was a Halloween only thing.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ah! That makes sense, then. I'll consider letting it slide this one time.
Thanks, thought you might send them to get my Academy of Malt Scotch Whisky certificate and I would have to start sleeping with it under my pillow.

Hardline

Reaction score
I've never drank scotch.
Am I missing out?

What's a good brand?

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Sometimes when i open a new bottle i get a smell or taste that makes me wonder if i bought a fake. Lately i been buying Glenfiddich but i do mix it up. I try not to buy anything aged less then 15 years. When i visited Jackson hole WY i came across this single malt store with a bunch of single malts i never heard of and they were all pricey. I bought a bottle for about 2 bills and it was only aged 6 years but it was probably the best stuff i ever had.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score

Too peaty and too expensive. Not all of us bring home a mod paycheck every week Idgit.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've never drank scotch.
Am I missing out?

What's a good brand?
There are many good brands and it depends on how you plan to drink it, mixed, on the rocks or neat. The blends like Chevis and Johnny Walker are smoother with Chevis being the smoothest, imo. Chevis is good for a scotch and soda.

The single malts are more robust and seem to have more body, depending on the brand. I suggest getting the little one shot bottles of both and giving them a try to see if you like it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The turning of the foliage and pitter patter of little feet across your lawn to ring your doorbell, making the dogs bark and annoying the hell out of you just for a sugar fix signals not only All Hallow’s Eve but the official kick off of scotch season and the darker liquors in general.

What’s that you say? You didn’t know there was a season? My wife and I established this years ago as we’d sit outside awaiting the arrival of those little feet while sipping scotch and ingesting fun size Snickers, the perfect pairing. What I don’t get is the term “fun size” because I can have a lot more fun with a big candy bar.

Who is this man to say there is a scotch season you ask? Well, let me tell you just who he is. He is a member in good standing, sitting or falling down of The Academy of Malt Scotch Whiskey since August, 10, 1978 and has the certificate to prove it so cast your doubts aside. He also speaks of himself in the third person because many times he sees more than one of himselves.

So, raise your glass my friend whether that be a blend like Chevas Regal, my wife’s favorite, or Johnny Walker Black, mine, or the change of pace of a fine single malt like Glenmorangie or Balvanie. Pull up a chair, allow me to pour you a glass and offer you a fine hand rolled on the thighs of virgins’ cigar and let us regale ourselves with the joy of fine friends and fine spirits.

I would be remiss to not welcome our bourbon drinkers to their season as well. I just got back into that fine distilled spirit about 5 years ago while having 3 fingers of Woodford Reserve, the official bourbon of the Kentucky Derby and thoroughbreds are known to have exquisite taste in bourbon. And just this last month had Longbranch from those fine folks at Wild Turkey and I highly recommend it.

Please drink responsibly and since I live alone and am the only one responsible for myself. I will be my own judge of responsibly. I never drink and drive because once I get to imbibing, there’s no place I’d rather be.

Cheers! Salud! Salut! Skal! Prost! Prosit! Bottoms up and here’s mud in your eye!
I made a mint selling Johnny Walker Red/Black on the black market back in the day.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Too peaty and too expensive. Not all of us bring home a mod paycheck every week Idgit.
Laphroaig is a cheaper option. Not quite as good but got that amazing peaty flavour, probably the whisky I order most in pubs.
ps The Famous Grouse is a blend.