Use Gilmore on Diggs.
Spy Allen
Generate pressure without blitzing
Make Buffalo drive the field
Beware scramble drill big plays

Attack the Bills LB’s and S
Stay reasonably balanced to keep the clock moving
Use Ferguson a lot
Cowboys tend to get caught looking in the backfield during QB scrambles. You see receivers wide open, especially in the middle.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Talent defines culture. There is no such thing as culture without talent. Coaches and film study are all a part of talent.

Again, New England sucks. All we've heard for 15 years is The Patriot Way and blah blah blah. Turns out, that doesn't mean anything now that they lost most of their talent.
Yes, the pats lost their talent. And not just Brady. Their biggest problem IS talent. Without talent, you can’t implement culture. But without a strong culture, talent can be wasted.

Some examples in sports:
  • The Chicago Bulls had Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen for several years under Doug Collins but they did not win a championship until Phil Jackson got there. Many players have talked about the change in culture that came with Jackson.
  • The LA Lakers with both Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O’Neill also struggled to win a championship under three different HCs. Again, Phil Jackson came in and instilled some culture and they started winning championships.
  • In college football- Nick Saban at Alabama has certainly recruited great talent. But he says their culture is what maximizes their talent.
  • In pro football Vince Lombardi was a “culture builder”. He inherited a talented but under-achieving packers team who were 1-10-1 the year before he got there. Lombardis first year they were 7-5, then went on to win 3 straight NFL championships.
This is an incomplete list. But just wanted to say yes you must have talent but without a strong culture, talent alone isn’t enough. This includes good coaching, locker room leadership and appropriate support from the front office.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
This game concerns me on a few fronts:

1. Tough place to play, tough opponent

2. Buffalo HAS to win. This is a playoff game for them. Dallas wants it and is playing well, but the intangibles favor Buffalo

3. Dallas has underperformed on the road. Production goes way down, Dak’s numbers dip, and we flat out look slow and play softer on the road

4. While this is not a “trap” game, I do wonder if Dallas relaxes a but after coming out so hot on Sun night to make a statement vs Philly? Is an emotional letdown inevitable?

5. Dallas struggles when they start “eating the cheese.” Now they are back in the media limelight again— will they be physically up for the challenge? Or will they get overconfident, and give us the “deer in the headlights “ look when Buffalo punches them in the mouth and the win doesn’t just roll out on a silver platter.

6. Penalties. This is a huge issue and I have seen nothing that would indicate they are improving in this area. In blowouts— you can overcome. In close games, they can absolutely cost you the win.

7. Just ny perception, but we seem to suffer a motivational disadvantage when we play non-conference opponents. It’s like other teams get “up” to play Dallas and make a statement — and for us it’s “just another game”. I dunno— I can see Buffalo going crazy and rabid for the W on Sunday. Will we match their intensity?

I had a sense this team would handle Philly. I have an uneasy feeling that a desperate Buffalo team is very capable of winning on Sunday. I hope Dallas keeps the streak going and I believe this is the toughest road game since SF (playing Philly on the road is actually easier due to familiarity and the matchups)
Bump.

Pretty much everything I was concerned about manifested yesterday.

I expect them to lose vs Mia, then win a close one against Det, and then get a meaningless road win in Wash to close out the year.

12-5 again. But the issues underneath the hood are anything but fixed. This team falls apart when we face a physical opponent— and that’s definitely what we will be facing from the divisional playoff game on.

Get ready for a whole week of “we’re gonna get better” rhetoric from the team, but damn, there is no cure for “physically and mentally soft” at this point in the season lol

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This game concerns me on a few fronts:

1. Tough place to play, tough opponent

2. Buffalo HAS to win. This is a playoff game for them. Dallas wants it and is playing well, but the intangibles favor Buffalo

3. Dallas has underperformed on the road. Production goes way down, Dak’s numbers dip, and we flat out look slow and play softer on the road

4. While this is not a “trap” game, I do wonder if Dallas relaxes a but after coming out so hot on Sun night to make a statement vs Philly? Is an emotional letdown inevitable?

5. Dallas struggles when they start “eating the cheese.” Now they are back in the media limelight again— will they be physically up for the challenge? Or will they get overconfident, and give us the “deer in the headlights “ look when Buffalo punches them in the mouth and the win doesn’t just roll out on a silver platter.

6. Penalties. This is a huge issue and I have seen nothing that would indicate they are improving in this area. In blowouts— you can overcome. In close games, they can absolutely cost you the win.

7. Just ny perception, but we seem to suffer a motivational disadvantage when we play non-conference opponents. It’s like other teams get “up” to play Dallas and make a statement — and for us it’s “just another game”. I dunno— I can see Buffalo going crazy and rabid for the W on Sunday. Will we match their intensity?

I had a sense this team would handle Philly. I have an uneasy feeling that a desperate Buffalo team is very capable of winning on Sunday. I hope Dallas keeps the streak going and I believe this is the toughest road game since SF (playing Philly on the road is actually easier due to familiarity and the matchups)
Hawkeye with the Bullseye

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Hawkeye with the Bullseye
Lol

4be3b811-49db-41bb-ba35-1f0d601ba53b_text.gif

strongarmqb

Reaction score
You may be right- but I sense that they will come
Out a lot better this week against Miami- Tyreek Hill less than 100-% and they will be keen to stop the run. I predict a win against miami and a very tough game against Detroit