CFZ Scouting the dolphins

CCBoy

Reaction score
The guy he often reminds me of? Bob Hayes. The greatest deep threat in NFL history. Hill is that kind of threat.

The Cowboys have a great chance to win. I believe it hinges on our offense.
The Cowboys can keep up with any offense. Best although, don't put off putting score on the scoreboard. Dictate game and momentums.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Tyreek is the guy that makes me the most nervous because I haven't seen a guy like him in my lifetime. He's truly a specimen. I think about that scoring play he had on us before the half against KC in 2017 and it still infuriates me. They just have so much speed everywhere. 3 track stars on offense, including Achane.

I wouldn't sleep on the defense either. Chubb was wrecking the game for them last week.
Dallas possesses that level of speed as well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Here’s a quick overview of the dolphins record, team stats, strengths, weaknesses, and other observations.

Record: 10-4 (first in AFC East)
Current Playoff Seeding: 2nd seed
Home Record: 6-1 (Wins: broncos, raiders, patriots, jets, giants, panthers. Loss: titans)
Road Record: 4-3 (Wins: jets, chargers, commanders, Texans. Losses: chiefs, bills, eagles)
Offense Rank:
  • Scoring: 1st- Avg 31.5 ppg (Cowboys ranked 2nd at 30.8)
  • Total offense: 1st 414 yds per game. (Cowboys ranked 6th at 368 ypg)
  • Passing: 1st at 274 ypg. (Cowboys ranked 6th at 251 ypg)
  • Rushing: 4th at 140 ypg. (Cowboys ranked 12th at 116 ypg)
Defense Rank:
  • Scoring: 14th avg giving 21 ppg (Cowboys ranked 5th at 18.9 ppg)
  • Total defense: 5th avg 293 ypg (Cowboys ranked 6th at 294 ypg)
  • Passing defense: 10th at 203 ypg (Cowboys ranked 4th at 176 ypg)
  • Rushing defense: 4th at 90.4 ypg (Cowboys ranked 19th at 117 ypg)
DOLPHINS STRENGTHS
  • Passing game- QB Tua Tagolivioa leads the NFL in passing yards, is second in yards per attempt and has 25 TDs passing. He also has 10 interceptions. The dolphins have a very good deep passing game with Tyreek Hill.
  • Tyreek Hill. The most dangerous receiver in football, especially as a deep threat. He leads the NFL in receiving yards and TDs and that’s even with missing last week’s game. He’s a huge weapon.
  • RB Raheem Mostert is third in the NFL in rushing yards with 966 and has a whopping 18 TDs rushing!
  • Defense has 48 sacks which is 2nd only to the ravens with 50. (Surprisingly Dallas is 11th in sacks with 40)
  • Red Zone success- Dolphins are 2nd in NFL in red zone success with 68%. (Cowboys are at 56%)
DOLPHINS WEAKNESSES
  • Turnover Margin- they are only +2 and have 20 total turnovers (Cowboys are +9 and have the least # of TOs in the NFL with 12)
  • Defensive passing game- they can be passed on IF we protect our QB.
  • Tua is not mobile. He can be sacked pretty easily if we can get some pressure.
  • Dolphins have mostly beaten bad teams and have not been able to beat the better teams in their schedule (sound familiar?) They recently lost to the lowly Titans in Miami.
KEYS TO VICTORY
  • We must score 30 or more. Period. The dolphins score at home pretty consistently.
  • We must be able to get at least 2 TOs. If we have 1 or less TOs to their 2 or more, we win.
  • Cannot let Tua have time to find his second and third reads. He is an accurate passer and reads defenses well.
  • If Tyreek Hill plays, we must prevent the quick strike plays. He can score at any time, anywhere.
  • Control the TOP. I see this game hinging on our offense keeping the ball away from theirs.
Thoughts?
Oh my are you saying we can expect another Seattle seahawk game I don't know if my heart can take it got family over it's Christmas Eve say it ain't so.. I say hold him under 27 and we win the game I don't wanna even approach having to score 34 just to beat them...ughh

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Here’s a quick overview of the dolphins record, team stats, strengths, weaknesses, and other observations.

Home Record: 6-1 (Wins: broncos, raiders, patriots, jets, giants, panthers. Loss: titans)
Road Record: 4-3 (Wins: jets, chargers, commanders, Texans. Losses: chiefs, bills, eagles)
Offense Rank:
Defense Rank:
DOLPHINS STRENGTHS
  • Passing game- QB Tua Tagolivioa leads the NFL in passing yards, is second in yards per attempt and has 25 TDs passing. He also has 10 interceptions. The dolphins have a very good deep passing game with Tyreek Hill.
  • Tyreek Hill. The most dangerous receiver in football, especially as a deep threat. He leads the NFL in receiving yards and TDs and that’s even with missing last week’s game. He’s a huge weapon.
  • RB Raheem Mostert is third in the NFL in rushing yards with 966 and has a whopping 18 TDs rushing!
  • Defense has 48 sacks which is 2nd only to the ravens with 50. (Surprisingly Dallas is 11th in sacks with 40)
  • Red Zone success- Dolphins are 2nd in NFL in red zone success with 68%. (Cowboys are at 56%)
DOLPHINS WEAKNESSES
  • Turnover Margin- they are only +2 and have 20 total turnovers (Cowboys are +9 and have the least # of TOs in the NFL with 12)
  • Tua is not mobile. He can be sacked pretty easily if we can get some pressure.
  • Dolphins have mostly beaten bad teams and have not been able to beat the better teams in their schedule (sound familiar?) They recently lost to the lowly Titans in Miami.
KEYS TO VICTORY
  • We must score 30 or more. Period. The dolphins score at home pretty consistently.
  • We must be able to get at least 2 TOs. If we have 1 or less TOs to their 2 or more, we win.
  • Cannot let Tua have time to find his second and third reads. He is an accurate passer and reads defenses well.
  • If Tyreek Hill plays, we must prevent the quick strike plays. He can score at any time, anywhere.
  • Control the TOP. I see this game hinging on our offense keeping the ball away from theirs.
Thoughts?
:hammer:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dallas possesses that level of speed as well.
Possess, yes but designed, executed, and utilized properly? hmmm TBD

they seem to go into Buffalo expecting the weather to dictate the game to be more conservative and low scoring sort of like the first four or five games this year Mike McCarthy got conservative where was the motion where was the use of our speed....

I mean I think he made a critical mistake in designing the offense depending on the defense once again and if it wasn't obvious they deferred they let the defense start the game and I think that's where it starts.

I think he needs from here on out if they win the coin toss whether it's the best decision or not is to go on offense first and just get super aggressive like that first drive it's going to determine a win/loss of the game, even though that's not true he needs to think that way it needs to be a desperate drive from the first snap...

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’m confident our defense will rebound, but the key to this game IMO will be controlling the clock, and eating up time on the way to the end zone. Have to score early and often.

Playing from ahead is paramount.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m confident our defense will rebound, but the key to this game IMO will be controlling the clock, and eating up time on the way to the end zone. Have to score early and often.

Playing from ahead is paramount.
This is why if the Cowboys win the toss I would take the ball. We need to establish some offensive success early, preferably by taking the lead immediately and not letting Mia get the lead at home out of the gate.

Also, the Cowboys IMO need to get the running game to be effective enough to keep their safeties and LBs honest. We don’t have to have 200 yards rushing but I think the ability to run the ball or at least keep those chains moving in sustained drives is a real key to winning this game.

rambo2

Reaction score

Offense Rank:
Defense Rank:
DOLPHINS STRENGTHS
DOLPHINS WEAKNESSES
KEYS TO VICTORY
Thoughts?
The Dolphins oline is a weakness.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Possess, yes but designed, executed, and utilized properly? hmmm TBD

they seem to go into Buffalo expecting the weather to dictate the game to be more conservative and low scoring sort of like the first four or five games this year Mike McCarthy got conservative where was the motion where was the use of our speed....

I mean I think he made a critical mistake in designing the offense depending on the defense once again and if it wasn't obvious they deferred they let the defense start the game and I think that's where it starts.

I think he needs from here on out if they win the coin toss whether it's the best decision or not is to go on offense first and just get super aggressive like that first drive it's going to determine a win/loss of the game, even though that's not true he needs to think that way it needs to be a desperate drive from the first snap...
Reasonable approaches. A bit sophisticated for the running of this team of Cowboys. Offense, Defense, Special Teams better come prepared to get ahead and keep it there from the start. On offense or defense! Some teams actually do that and don't rely on being 'smarter.'

It would be different if the team actually was prepared to convert a score at the beginning of both halves. Second half starts could easily be used for a 14 gain on the score board.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I somewhat disagree. They have a good running game at 140 yards per game. Their starter at RB, Raheem Mostert is the 3rd leading rusher in the NFL with 966 yards and he has 18 TDs. That doesn’t happen with a bad OL. Their line is not as good in pass protection because Tua is a statue.

But if they play with a two score lead, they can run the ball. Which is why we need to score early and often.

1942willys

Reaction score
This is why if the Cowboys win the toss I would take the ball. We need to establish some offensive success early, preferably by taking the lead immediately and not letting Mia get the lead at home out of the gate.

Also, the Cowboys IMO need to get the running game to be effective enough to keep their safeties and LBs honest. We don’t have to have 200 yards rushing but I think the ability to run the ball or at least keep those chains moving in sustained drives is a real key to winning this game.
TO be blunt I really doubt we can win a shootout with Miami.

1942willys

Reaction score
I somewhat disagree. They have a good running game at 140 yards per game. Their starter at RB, Raheem Mostert is the 3rd leading rusher in the NFL with 966 yards and he has 18 TDs. That doesn’t happen with a bad OL. Their line is not as good in pass protection because Tua is a statue.

But if they play with a two score lead, they can run the ball. Which is why we need to score early and often.
only watched Tua a few times and if I remember right he does not move around the pocket much
Tom Brady was very good at moving JUST ENOUGH to extend the play

rambo2

Reaction score

Their center struggles with everything. Their qb has to get rid of the ball very quickly or he is going to get sacked.

John813

Reaction score

Yes and no. Versus the Jets they were missing 4 out of 5 starters. Still did a good job vs the Jets front 7.
Miami doesn't have a great line, but they are no longer that sieve they were in years past.
When they struggled vs the Titans they had to move Eichenburg over to center even though he was playing more at guard. And last week they had to deal with Wilkerson inside.
Lamm, who has started for Armstead has been solid at LT. Unfortunately their "weakness" is the interior, where Dallas doesn't have any wrecking balls at.

On the flipside, Dallas will have to contain Sieler and Wilkins inside, who are both very good at the run stuffing and getting to the QB.
Miami has been dealing with a lot of injuries, especially with their secondary.
They do not move their corners for matchups. So, IMO the game plan should be to have CDL line up anywhere but on Ramsey's side. Have him go up against limpstd Howard or Kohou. Put Gallup on Ramsey for all I care.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Dolphins schedule is easiest in the league by far. They have not played even a Seattle level team recently since before the bye. Now they play 3 straight good teams.