Scouts.com Mock

Colo

Rocky Mountain High
Reaction score
Didn't see this one posted anywhere yet...

NFL Mock Draft from Scout.com
416602.jpg

Calvin Johnson
By Tom Marino
Scout.com
Posted Mar 29, 2007

Calvin Johnson No. 1 overall? JaMarcus Russell to Cleveland? The Edge and AD? Scout.com NFL Expert Tom Marino breaks down April's NFL Draft.

Tom Marino is a veteran of 35 years in the player personnel field, most recently with the St. Louis Rams. He has worked in three professional leagues (NFL, USFL, and WFL), and among his many accomplishments, is credited with the discovery of Eric Swann, the first non-collegiate player since 1946 to be selected in the 1st round of the NFL college draft.
TeamTom Marino's Take
#1 Oakland Raiders
WR - Calvin Johnson - Georgia Tech: Al Davis doesn't have the time or patience to wait on a developing QB. Expect former No. 1 selection David Carr to give them the type of veteran experience he is looking for at the position.
#2 Detroit Lions
OT Joe Thomas - Wisconsin: Protecting the backside is essential in Mike Martz's offensive system. Drafting a potential 10- to 12-year pro is a wise investment. Look for Stanford QB Edwards on Lions' second pick
#3 Cleveland Browns
QB JaMarcus Russell - LSU: Peterson is the Browns' slam-dunk choice, but when the high ceiling Russell came available, club did an about face and filled the void at this critical position.
#4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
DE Gaines Adams - Clemson: Top pass rushers are impossible to pass on at any stage. Adams is the high-energy pass rusher the Bucs covet
#5 Arizona Cardinals
RB Adrian Peterson - Oklahoma: Peterson's young legs complement Edgerrin James in first season and soon develops into one of the league's best backs.
#6 Washington Commanders
DE Jamaal Anderson - Arkansas: Finding a bonafide pass rusher is a must for the team's defense; drafting Irish QB Quinn was tempting.
#7 Minnesota Vikings
QB Brady Quinn - Notre Dame: Tarvaris Jackson? Brooks Bollinger? I don't think so. Don't see Vikings second-year coach staking his football future on the unproven duo.
#8 Atlanta Falcons
(from Houston)
S LaRon Landry - LSU: The top safety prospect in this year's draft is a slam-dunk selection at this critical need position for the Falcons.
#9 Miami Dolphins
CB Leon Hall - Michigan: Dolphins can't pass on this shutdown corner. Offensive-minded head coach Cam Cameron knows the importance of defending the pass
#10 Houston Texans
(from Atlanta)
OT Levi Brown- Penn State: How many times was Carr sacked over his five-year professional career? Losing top prospect and 2006 No. 3 selection Spencer through injury adds to their woes.
#11 San Francisco 49ers
DE Adam Carriker - Nebraska: Marquis Douglas is a journeyman player and Bryant Young is entering his 13th season. Carriker is a great fit for aging defensive front
#12 Buffalo Bills
LB Patrick Willis - Ole Miss: Losing veteran starters Fletcher and Spikes makes drafting the talented Willis a no brainer.
#13 St. Louis Rams
DT Amobi Okoye - Louisville: Finding a young talented inside run stopper is essential for the development of the Rams' defense.
#14 Carolina Panthers
TE Greg Olsen - Miami: Panthers like the talented Gaines at the point of attack, but team's struggling offense finds a new dimension in the up-the-seam-threat Olsen
#15 Pittsburgh Steelers
CB Darrelle Revis - Pittsburgh: Moves down one door from Panthers to Steelers locker room and adds much-needed fresh legs to aging defense.
#16 Green Bay Packers
WR Ted Ginn - Ohio State: Buckeye star is a home run receiver for the vertically challenged Packers offense.
#17 Jacksonville Jaguars
LB Paul Posluszny - Penn State: Head coach Del Rio knows the importance of consistent linebacker play to stabilize a defense.
#18 Cincinnati Bengals
CB Chris Houston - Arkansas: Bengals find in Arkansas underclassmen young legs to help fortify aging secondary
#19 Tennessee Titans
WR Robert Meachem - Tennessee: Vol standout is a solid replacement for departed Drew Bennett and a developing vertical threat.
#20 New York Giants
RB Marshawn Lynch - Cal: Giants are going to seriously miss the great Tiki Barber, but Lynch gives them a good start on the future.
#21 Denver Broncos
CB Aaron Ross - Texas: Can't find enough people to play out on a wing and Broncos will find in this player a versatile matchup frontline performer.
#22 Dallas Cowboys
WR Dwayne Bowe - LSU: Both Cowboys receiving starters will be entering their 12th season in 2007. Bowe is a savvy, talented, well-schooled catcher.
#23 Kansas City Chiefs
OG Ben Grubbs - Auburn: The quick-footed athlete Grubbs is a good first step in rebuilding team's offensive front. Veteran Shields is entering his 15th season in 2007.
#24 New England Patriots
S Reggie Nelson - Florida: Patriots fill a critical need in the later stages of the round. 14-year oft-injured veteran safety Harrison nearing the end of the line. (Pick from Seahawks)
#25 New York Jets
LB Lawrence Timmons - FSU: Another run-and-hit guy with a high ceiling to help solidify developing defense. Veteran journeyman Barton is a nine-year veteran
#26 Philadelphia Eagles
DT Alan Branch - Michigan: Needed run stopper, but I see a lot of Rams bust Jimmy Kennedy in this player's game. Buyer beware!!!
#27 New Orleans Saints
LB Jon Beason - Miami: Another cog in this already strong defense in the Crescent City. Beason is the next in a long line of top Miami backers.
#28 New England Patriots
OT Joe Staley - Central Michigan: A potential bright spot in an area of concern for this perrenial contender
#29 Baltimore Ravens
DE Anthony Spencer- Purdue: The perfect answer to the departure of rising star and top 2007 free agent Adalius Thomas.
#30 San Diego Chargers
WR Dwayne Jarrett - USC: Play of the wideouts left much to be desired in playoff loss to Patriots. Jarrett is both dependable and skilled
#31 Chicago Bears
RB Tony Hunt - Penn State: A big, durable ball-control back to offset the loss of Thomas Jones
#32 Indianapolis Colts
OG Arron Sears - Tennessee: A young, talented, versatile Vol to help in the most important aspect of the Colts offensive game -- protecting Peyton

article

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk;1443450 said:
= no barebacking.

We do this, I do a dance.

bowe is lsu and after skyler green, i'm just lsu-scared. in any event, i do think we need to address the WR position early and if meachem/bowe/jarrett are *all* there, i'd trade down some and pick up more picks - take whoever is there 5 spots later, then w/extra picks maybe move up in the 2nd and take a qb prospect.

wait - i just did a carter scenario.

no more posting for me for 5 minutes while i consider my henious actions.

superpunk

Reaction score
iceberg;1443472 said:
bowe is lsu and after skyler green, i'm just lsu-scared. in any event, i do think we need to address the WR position early and if meachem/bowe/jarrett are *all* there, i'd trade down some and pick up more picks - take whoever is there 5 spots later, then w/extra picks maybe move up in the 2nd and take a qb prospect.

I've considered the LSU scenario, with James/Spears/Green all being underperformers consistently. But outside of the university, that's really meaningless when it comes to speculating about how Bowe or Russell will perform on their own. Watching Bowe - the guy is a star. Outside of a premier RB improbably dropping, he's my favorite at 22.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
I wouldn't be terribly upset with Bowe. Be much happier with him than Jarrett, Ginn, or Rice.

It just hurts me a little to pass on Anthony Spencer.

I wish we were the Pats: Nelson and Staley? Wow. Nice draft.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Colo;1443446 said:
#26 Philadelphia Eagles
DT Alan Branch - Michigan: Needed run stopper, but I see a lot of Rams bust Jimmy Kennedy in this player's game. Buyer beware!!!

LOL!

I missed this the first time. This is definitely in need of the lolcopter.

Branch (who was a top 6 pick for the last 4 months) falls to Iggles at #26 and they take him?

He will look great next to Bunkley. They can eat hot dogs together on the bench.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I would have pulled the pick for either Branch or Moss at that point in the draft....

firehawk350

Reaction score
cobra;1443489 said:
LOL!

I missed this the first time. This is definitely in need of the lolcopter.

Branch (who was a top 6 pick for the last 4 months) falls to Iggles at #26 and they take him?

He will look great next to Bunkley. They can eat hot dogs together on the bench.

No way he falls that far...

lostinomiya

Reaction score
Who is Dwayne Bowe? People talk about Ginn, Jarret and Meachem but i havent heard anyone rave about Bowe......

Doomsday101

Reaction score
lostinomiya;1443527 said:
Who is Dwayne Bowe? People talk about Ginn, Jarret and Meachem but i havent heard anyone rave about Bowe......

Dwayne Bowe is also one of the top WR in this draft out of LSU projected to go in the 1st rd.

HardHittingRoy31

Reaction score
That is one bad mock draft! There is no way Buffalo or GB pass on Lynch. Bowe and Meachem will be gone. San Fran and The Titians will not pass on these guys.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
HardHittingRoy31;1443560 said:
That is one bad mock draft! There is no way Buffalo or GB pass on Lynch. Bowe and Meachem will be gone. San Fran and The Titians will not pass on these guys.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
lostinomiya;1443527 said:
:welcome:

How long were you under that rock?

Haley94

Reaction score
iceberg;1443472 said:

Not only Skyler, but Spears and Peterman were from LSU. I'm LSU scared as well.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Haley94;1443583 said:
Not only Skyler, but Spears and Peterman were from LSU. I'm LSU scared as well.
I'm sure the Colts were thinking the same thing when they drafted Addai. How'd that work out?

PlayMaker88

Reaction score
I'll throw a brick through the TV if the boys pick Bowe. Rice is 10 times the reciever..That said, no way I would pass on Nelson or Branch.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
firehawk350;1443523 said:
No way he falls that far...

hopefully no further then 22. realistically, probably won't make it out of the top 10

Haley94

Reaction score
theogt;1443587 said:
I'm sure the Colts were thinking the same thing when they drafted Addai. How'd that work out?

I'm referring to the Cowboy's karma with LSU players. LeFleur comes to mind as well.