Video: SDFW: Dallas Cowboys: Prepare for free agent bargain hunting

irishline

Reaction score
I see MM drafting well and then looking at the June 1 cuts to fill voids. All teams do this. Lets just wait and judge it later. Its only march.

June 1st cuts have not been a thing since a team can assign two players as June 1st cuts anytime before then. Name a single June 1st cut we've signed since the new rule that has done anything?

That said I do expect the draft to be good.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Maybe Stephen should do what WINNING teams do....

just a thought...
Since you brought it up, what do the winning teams do?
Just for me, please be more than general and show the winning teams and what they do to be so.

Corso

Reaction score
Since you brought it up, what do the winning teams do?
Just for me, please be more than general and show the winning teams and what they do to be so.
Should I expect an answer from anybody on this?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Should I expect an answer from anybody on this?
THEY usually build from the inside out and try to make sure they have the core in place...ie LEFT TACKLE,QB,SAFETY,DT,MLB,CENTER. To me, the good teams solidify those positions first. Edge rushers don't grow on trees.But if the good teams can find just 1, it certainly helps their success. If we fix the interior on both sides...ie LG as well,as DT...we are cooking with gas. If we fail, its gonna be another subpar year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Free agency shouldn't be for the brand name players, but the sensible productive durable ones. Gotta be selective.I think We have done that so far. I would like to see another durable edge guy signed or OLB for depth.

Corso

Reaction score
THEY usually build from the inside out and try to make sure they have the core in place...ie LEFT TACKLE,QB,SAFETY,DT,MLB,CENTER. To me, the good teams solidify those positions first. Edge rushers don't grow on trees.But if the good teams can find just 1, it certainly helps their success. If we fix the interior on both sides...ie LG as well,as DT...we are cooking with gas. If we fail, its gonna be another subpar year.
I said be more than general, list the teams and what did they do to be "winning teams"?

Although I appreciate your answer bud!

Rayman70

Reaction score
I said be more than general, list the teams and what did they do?

Although I appreciate your answer bud!
free agency, being very selective,then having a go to plan in the draft...and KNOW how to get the right UDFA. Its all about the plan and who is implementing it. MM at least is an upgrade.

Corso

Reaction score
free agency, being very selective,then having a go to plan in the draft...and KNOW how to get the right UDFA. Its all about the plan and who is implementing it. MM at least is an upgrade.
You're still being general hoss.
I want a list of teams and what did they do specifically to be "winning"?
Otherwise we're all pissing in the wind with our opinions.

Corso

Reaction score
I do agree MM is an upgrade to just about everything.

Corso

Reaction score
How about this:
The Eagles deeply invested into their DL and defense overall so even a backup QB could win them the Super Bowl.
But is that what all "winning teams" do?

Who are all the "winning teams"? Besides the Patriots.

Edit: I left out a new and innovative offensive scheme by the HC and OC. Kudos for them and should that be counted for "winning teams"? New schemes that noone's familiar with?

Rayman70

Reaction score
You're still being general hoss.
I want a list of teams and what did they do specifically to be "winning"?
Otherwise we're all pissing in the wind with our opinions.
I will give u 1. Seattle. Look at what they did..they churn the roster every year and draft to fill needs with highly productive players. They seem to value pass rushers and tightends a lot. Will Dissly and I forget who the other one is..are both draftees and young. Very good for that system Pete runs with Russ Wilson.It starts with a vision. They always seem to plug in players each year and get it done. Leadership at the HC level is the key. WHO the staff is running things is key and implementing it is another. Pete has a belief system and he never goes away from that. I think MM is the same guy. Green Bay never fully let him run things. Theats all I got...ITS LEADERSHIP,IN A NUTSHELL.

Corso

Reaction score
I will give u 1. Seattle. Look at what they did..they churn the roster every year and draft to fill needs with highly productive players. They seem to value pass rushers and tightends a lot. Will Dissly and I forget who the other one is..are both draftees and young. Very good for that system Pete runs with Russ Wilson.It starts with a vision. They always seem to plug in players each year and get it done. Leadership at the HC level is the key. WHO the staff is running things is key and implementing it is another. Pete has a belief system and he never goes away from that. I think MM is the same guy. Green Bay never fully let him run things. Theats all I got...ITS LEADERSHIP,IN A NUTSHELL.
Awesome post. You're a pleasure to converse with.
They aren't succeeding as well now, but great reply. I appreciate it and get what you're saying.

But is that it? Just one team (besides the greatest exemption the NFL has ever seen) is a "winning team"?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Awesome post. You're a pleasure to converse with.
They aren't succeeding as well now, but great reply. I appreciate it and get what you're saying.

But is that it? Just one team (besides the greatest exemption the NFL has ever seen) is a "winning team"?
New England of course is another..its well documented...and goes back to leadership and direction.

Rayman70

Reaction score
So 2 teams? That's it?
ALL THE GOOD TEAMS ARE LED BY AN ALPHA DOG AT THE HC LEVEL. That's the one constant in the NFL. The Chiefs/Andy Reid..even the Titans and their HC Mike Vrabel has this it factor. IT MATTERS WHO THE HEAD MAN IS AND THE VISION THEY HAVE. Those guys have yet to waiver from that. San Fran is another. The HC is an alpha dog with a plan and vision. It boils down to a belief in a system. Flies in the face of what we been doing the last 25 years...lol

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Good accurate article! Once the big wave passes Jerry will wade out in the shallows and see what washed up. Its his yearly MO.
o man that gave me a good laugh, good one.
Then he will give us some jerry speak explaining it all, and leave us even more confused lol.