SDogo's 1st ever Draft Prep Thread

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Muhast;3918863 said:
sdogo have u heard anything on newman? You mentioned barber Williams and the oline

also thanks so much for this info. you and hos do a great job and it is really appreciated

Hos seems to have the inside track on Newman. From what I gather much of his future in Dallas is going to depend on how this draft unfolds. I do know if we land Peterson or another quality CB that's just about NFL ready I seriously doubt his future in Dallas. I have been told Rob Ryan believes Scandrick is prime to be a starter which leads me to believe Dallas would be willing to cut ties with Newman if they land a CB in the draft and prepared to put Scandrick in Newmans role should the rookie not yet be ready.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
SDogo;3918866 said:
I happen to have pretty good connections at Penn St and have been following Wiz closely and I have to say if there is interest on the Cowboys part they have been very quiet about it. It's sort of a shock to me because he is so versatile and given the Cowboys desire to land a center for a couple years now you would think they would be in a prime position to get him at 9 and end that.

I assure you, it's something I dig into ever day hoping to hear something.

Do you think he would go that high? I was thinking he might could be had in the second round. Or possibly the later part of the first round.

My first desire is to get Peterson if it is at all possible but failing that, a trade down to get Watt and then getting Wisnewski would be a sweet consolation.

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
The only thing I know is if we start off this season with Colombo at RT I'm not going to be very happy.

SDogo

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3918868 said:
Do you think he would go that high? I was thinking he might could be had in the second round. Or possibly the later part of the first round.

My first desire is to get Peterson if it is at all possible but failing that, a trade down to get Watt and then getting Wisnewski would be a sweet consolation.

yeah, I meant 40. Sorry! :D

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Do you know if we like Rahim Moore or Aaron Williams more in the 2nd?

Also, do we project Williams as a corner or safety?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
SDogo;3918871 said:
yeah, I meant 40. Sorry! :D

Whew. I was thinking you had some kind of late breaking info on Wiz.

Would love to have him and Peterson. I would do cart wheels in my living room.

SDogo

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3918876 said:
Whew. I was thinking you had some kind of late breaking info on Wiz.

Would love to have him and Peterson. I would do cart wheels in my living room.

I like your thinking!:D

SDogo

Reaction score
Dash28;3918874 said:
Do you know if we like Rahim Moore or Aaron Williams more in the 2nd?

Also, do we project Williams as a corner or safety?

IMO, Aaron Williams is the favorite. The Cowboys project him as a safety but love his flexibility. I believe he will go at the end of round 1 anyways but if he's on the board at 40 you can bet they have a hard decision to make.

I have heard nothing but rave reviews about Williams and his time spent with the Cowboys in this process. He might not be top 10 on their draft board but he's probably one of their favorite prospects in this draft.

burmafrd

Reaction score
If we do get Peterson I hope the boys try and keep Newman some way; just in case Jenkins goes into the tank again.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
SDogo;3918881 said:
IMO, Aaron Williams is the favorite. The Cowboys project him as a safety but love his flexibility. I believe he will go at the end of round 1 anyways but if he's on the board at 40 you can bet they have a hard decision to make.

I have heard nothing but rave reviews about Williams and his time spent with the Cowboys in this process. He might not be top 10 on their draft board but he's probably one of their favorite prospects in this draft.
Would be a very solid selection at 40 imo.

Thanks for the info.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
jblaze2004;3918810 said:
i guess we will never have a big bruising fullback. I want a thumper at fullback that can block forget catching a swing pass thats how romo got hurt gronk going out to catch a swing pass instead of blocking. We got other weapons that can catch a pass instead of worring about a FB catching what 20-30 passes a season.

i know there are some big bruising fullbacks in the draft that can also catch.

While I agree we need a FB who can gain a yard or two, we need one who can get into the flats and catch a pass without falling down.

fortdick

Reaction score
Thanks Sdogo.

Just a quick question. What about Nate Solder? What are the opinions at VR of this kid. I know he needs development, but he could step in on day one.

StarMan2112

Reaction score
A great big "thank you" to SDogo and Hostile for taking the time to share this info. Reading this stuff really gets me fired up for the draft.

visionary

Reaction score
thanx SDogo, much appreciated

a lot of this is unfortunately not what we want to hear but that is par for the course for a JJ draft

fall in love with players
take project picks
reach for players
take flash over substance

it is what it is

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I don't have many connections at all, but I know that SDogo's news on Michael Huff is just about as close to a lock for free agency as we're going to get. It is basically a foregone conclusion that he is coming home when the labor situation is resolved. Sensabaugh is also in line to get that multi-year deal he's been wanting too.

I also think Newman will restructure, especially if the lockout is lifted by the courts tomorrow and this year is uncapped. Jerry will look to restructure his deal and front load the majority into this season similar to Miles Austin's extension, making Newman cap-friendly the rest of his career.

The interest there is mutual - Newman wants to retire a Cowboy and the Cowboys want him to.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
SDogo;3918881 said:

I would jump for joy if he fell to us at 40:D

it's great to have guys like you and Hos who can share information about Cowboy related news... whether we like it or not so thanks again

the one thing that bothers me is the thinking that we could start camp with the same front 5 OL, and we would have addressed it already in FA

Can we for once build this this team from the ground up utilizing the draft early for a offensive lineman

SDogo

Reaction score
fortdick;3918903 said:
Thanks Sdogo.

Just a quick question. What about Nate Solder? What are the opinions at VR of this kid. I know he needs development, but he could step in on day one.

Cowboys have interest but it's limited and it's a value pick. I have heard he's not graded out as a 1st round prospect by the Cowboys but ironically, it also appears to be the general consensus around the league. It might be a bit of a surprise but dont be shocked to see Solder as an option in Round 2.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
casmith07;3918920 said:
I don't have many connections at all, but I know that SDogo's news on Michael Huff is just about as close to a lock for free agency as we're going to get. It is basically a foregone conclusion that he is coming home when the labor situation is resolved. Sensabaugh is also in line to get that multi-year deal he's been wanting too.

I also think Newman will restructure, especially if the lockout is lifted by the courts tomorrow and this year is uncapped. Jerry will look to restructure his deal and front load the majority into this season similar to Miles Austin's extension, making Newman cap-friendly the rest of his career.

The interest there is mutual - Newman wants to retire a Cowboy and the Cowboys want him to.

I hope your right.

I think he should be a starter this year, and then offer quality depth after that before hanging them up.