SDogo's 1st ever Draft Prep Thread

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
burmafrd;3919028 said:
Sdogo, do the boys really feel that Woicic is that much better than JJ? THat he can work virtual miracles for Colombo and some others?

Yeah they do and so does the rest of the league. The guys track record speaks for it's self.

He might be the most recognized, decorated and respected S&C Coach in the league and of all time.

SDogo

Reaction score
Hostile;3919075 said:
I was told #17 and possibly #60.

Thanks, I honestly had no details on the Patriots discussion.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
SDogo;3919076 said:
Thing is there is no guarantee what you will get with those extra picks from trading down.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
There's no guarantee what you will get with #9, at this point they are all in the bush and we don't know which ones are fitting to eat.

SDogo

Reaction score
speedkilz88;3919081 said:
There's no guarantee what you will get with #9, at this point they are all in the bush and we don't know which ones are fitting to eat.

Yeah but we are talking 1st round picks compared to 3rd round picks. You greatly increase your odds of getting a difference maker in Peterson.

RS12

Reaction score
Don’t be surprised if we open camp with the same starting 5 along the offensive line. I’m told resigning Kosier is a high priority and before the lockout they were close on a deal. Columbo will be given every chance to heal and reclaim his position under Mike Woick. While I’m told camp will be an absolute battle to claim the RT and RG position despite moves made in the offseason we should not discount either of last year’s starters.

What??? This cant happen if they expect any kind of success this year. Bring back Columbo? I'd rather give Rayfield Wright another shot.

Woods

Reaction score
Hostile;3919075 said:
I was told #17 and possibly #60.

Thanks, Hos.

For 17 and 60 I'm not sure I'd want to trade down that far.

I'm leaning towards trying to trade with Houston and pick up an additional 4th. That way we still land one of our guys, or we can do a small trade down again if the player(s) we really want are still going to be there.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
great work sdog, amazing read, roll on thursday.
The trade with Houston looks to me like the safest bet if we still want to draft Tyron Smith. Interesting that so many teams want to jump Washington , yet they have multiple guys they could take.
Washington seems to be in a good spot to me, to get "a" player they covet due to their multiple needs, be it Locker, JJones or Smith.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
burmafrd;3919028 said:
Sdogo, do the boys really feel that Woicic is that much better than JJ? THat he can work virtual miracles for Colombo and some others?

I'm with you. Parcells said JJ was as good a S&C coach as he ever had, and he thought strength coach was as important a position as anyone on his staff. Woicik is great, but it's not like he's replacing the Dave Campo of strength coaches.

And besides, no coach can fix worn-out knees.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3919100 said:
I'm with you. Parcells said JJ was as good a S&C coach as he ever had, and he thought strength coach was as important a position as anyone on his staff. Woicik is great, but it's not like he's replacing the Dave Campo of strength coaches.

And besides, no coach can fix worn-out knees.

Parcells is long gone.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
SDogo;3919083 said:
Yeah but we are talking 1st round picks compared to 3rd round picks. You greatly increase your odds of getting a difference maker in Peterson.
Oh, I agree with that. I thought you were talking about the difference between 9 and moving down to the teens.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
here;s my concern and i'm sure that many of you share it.

JJ tries to get too greedy in a trade down. That extra 2nd that he apparently covets could lead to a huge egg on chin episode imo.

Lets say that The pats do indeed offer 17 and 60. Then it plays out like this

9. pats - JJWatt
10. Skins - Julio Jones
11. texans - Aldon Smith
12. Vikings - Tyron Smith
13. Lions - Anthony Castonzo
14. rams - Cam Jordan
15. Phins - Mike Pouncey

we're sat at 18 looking like a set of wet lemons. Our 4 supposed targets are gone and we're left taking a guy we didnt really want in round 1 or trading down again.

IMO we should not go lower than pick 14.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3919111 said:

So I really don't give a rats behind what he thinks. He thought Testaverde and Bledsoe were good QB options for us.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
ukinto8;3919117 said:

JJ tries to get too greedy in a trade down. That extra 2nd that he apparently covets could lead to a huge egg on chin episode imo.

9. pats - JJWatt
10. Skins - Julio Jones
11. texans - Aldon Smith
14. rams - Cam Jordan
15. Phins - Mike Pouncey

we're sat at 18 looking like a set of wet lemons. Our 4 supposed targets are gone and we're left taking a guy we didnt really want in round 1 or trading down again.

If New England trades with us to 9, they're picking Julio Jones. I think the Lions are going to definitely take Prince Amakumara too. Castonzo could very well last until #17. If not, Carimi is a great pick at #17.

visionary

Reaction score
SDogo;3919076 said:
Thing is there is no guarantee what you will get with those extra picks from trading down.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

i can see this, just dont agree with it

OL is our biggest need bar none, trading up for PP (using our 1 and 3) thus losing a shot at the better OTs, and then trading back in the 2nd to try an recoup the 3rd (thus losing a shot at the top OGs/C), is a recipe for disaster IMO

i would much rather have the draft in your sig than trade up for PP

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
johnnyd;3919007 said:
*******s...lol

Browns GM Tom Heckert has a two-player "wish list" for the No. 6 overall pick.

If neither player is available, Heckert will look to trade out of the sixth spot. The Cleveland Plain Dealer is convinced the Browns will target a defensive player, specifically Patrick Peterson, while the Akron Beacon-Journal sees A.J. Green as too tempting to pass up. There's a better than even chance both players will be gone by the time the Browns pick.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/120561494.html

I really hope we don't trade up for Peterson.......

Woods

Reaction score
ukinto8;3919117 said:

9. pats - JJWatt
10. Skins - Julio Jones
11. texans - Aldon Smith
14. rams - Cam Jordan
15. Phins - Mike Pouncey

If we ended up trading down to 17 with the Pats, the other player who could still be there (unless you have him on your top 8) is Prince.

We would need to hope that a guy like Ryan Kerrigan is taken in the top 17 as well.

I guess assuming that Prince is gone at 16, we would have to consider Carimi or Sherrod . . . .

But I agree with you, I would prefer to stay in the top 14/15 overall.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
casmith07;3919118 said:
So I really don't give a rats behind what he thinks. He thought Testaverde and Bledsoe were good QB options for us.

Oh, okay. So I guess he knows nothing about strength coaches. Makes sense.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3919137 said:
Oh, okay. So I guess he knows nothing about strength coaches. Makes sense.

If our guy was so great, why even bring in Woicik, who is regarded around the league as the best in the business and possibly the best ever?