Seahawks mad about tackle

Hoofbite

Reaction score
That play was the first thing that came to my mind. I can't remember, did Pete Carroll clutch his pearls back then and drop on the fainting couch?

I believe that was a legal block at the time. Rule was updated within the last couple years.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I believe that was a legal block at the time. Rule was updated within the last couple years.

It was legal and Sean Lee said he had no problem with it. But Golden Tate spent five minutes on a field doing an end zone dance and Pete Carroll didn't have a problem with that.

Also I watched the tape again last night and it doesn't seem super obvious Hill was trying to hurt him. He had ahold of Carson's ankle because he was past him and then Woods fell on him. No NFL player is going to let go of the RB while that play is still live. He may well have been doing something, but there are plenty of other plays each week that are dirtier plays.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I don’t know. It’s hard for me to jump on Hill in the sense that he was OBVIOUSLY trying to be dirty there. Granted, players that have played the game have a feel for these types of things so I’d be prone to deferring to them and what they think but man......just watching it from my living room I didn’t immediately think Hill was channeling Suh.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
It was legal and Sean Lee said he had no problem with it. But Golden Tate spent five minutes on a field doing an end zone dance and Pete Carroll didn't have a problem with that.

Also I watched the tape again last night and it doesn't seem super obvious Hill was trying to hurt him. He had ahold of Carson's ankle because he was past him and then Woods fell on him. No NFL player is going to let go of the RB while that play is still live. He may well have been doing something, but there are plenty of other plays each week that are dirtier plays.

Nobody is saying he should have let go, just that rolling with a guy's lower leg shouldn't have happened.

Dre11

Reaction score
Lessening concussions definitely will work by placing the head on the wrong side, but it also is a recipe for broken tackles which we have seen many times with our defense.

I would rather see proper old form and secure a tackle at impact, than continue seeing broken tackles that keep drives alive for our opponents. If one doesn't want to risk suffering a concussion, another profession may be in order.

I agree, it's definitely a hard tackle to perform, but they are definitely trying to prevent concussion at the expense of securing a tackle. All the coach's clinics I go to are stressing taking the head out of the tackle

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
i was told and shown some real dirty plays in the past by seattle...i too now dont care

Exactly, and they like to act like "Woe is me" when they get the same crap shoved in their face that they do to others. They're the Eric Cartmans of the NFL.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Hill is starting to find his game it appears

He apparently has superhuman strength and amazing first step quickness for a man his size. His problem last year was maturity and lack of technique. No matter how strong you are grown *** men who know how to play the game will beat you more often than not. He seems to have grown up some in a year and his technique is better. He still gets off balance from time to time but the improvement is apparent. I think he's going to continue to get better and will be our best interior d-lineman by season's end.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He apparently has superhuman strength and amazing first step quickness for a man his size. His problem last year was maturity and lack of technique. No matter how strong you are grown *** men who know how to play the game will beat you more often than not. He seems to have grown up some in a year and his technique is better. He still gets off balance from time to time but the improvement is apparent. I think he's going to continue to get better and will be our best interior d-lineman by season's end.

Ronnie--- i dig your report on Hill

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Well said