Seahawks sign DT Hankins

Sydla

Reaction score
Huh? What Jones thinking? Because I think a 1st round pick should be starting by year 2? That's their thinking and that's why they come up short lol?

They will sign some DT's. Probably draft. So if it's a matter of having bodies? I'm sure they will have them. They have Gholston, they have Osa they have Mazi. They will sign or draft another one.

And let's don't be naive......we know this front office doesn't value the DT position enough to spend money on it.
Gholston. LOL. All 268 pounds of him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My interest are in the Dallas cowboys becoming a Super Bowl champion and on defense stopping the run, Im not gonna sit out good moves because it may hurt mazi’s feelings. Should the cowboys have just waited on taco to develop?
No they shouldn't have waited on Taco but they gave him plenty of time to show he couldn't do it. My interests are cowboys becoming Super Bowl champions as well and while I'd love to scapegoat the DT position and Mazi for why that's not the case.....it's far more bigger reasons to why that isn't the case.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think people believe though that interior on the line is why our defense was bad and that's just not the case. This defense had issues stopping the run and a lot of those big runs came running at our best defensive player.
LOL, so the issue wasn't the DT play (and LB play between the tackles), rather it was Parsons fault.

Hahahah.

Sydla

Reaction score
No they shouldn't have waited on Taco but they gave him plenty of time to show he couldn't do it. My interests are cowboys becoming Super Bowl champions as well and while I'd love to scapegoat the DT position and Mazi for why that's not the case.....it's far more bigger reasons to why that isn't the case.
DT play was a big issue. Smith being a total slug in his first year as a 1st round pick was a big factor.

Denying that is silly at this point. Our problems were multiple - DT play was one of those big problems.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
"regressed in both areas as of now"

Says the person who doesn't realize as of now is only seven days into free agency and a process that could take all six months before the regular season to build a team!@!!!

it's funny, not in a good way, it'd be like reviewing a movie off of the previews only, good or bad, you do realize that right or right now I could pronounce the Texas Rangers season as a total failure... they're not going to win one game this year, you know why I can say that cause they haven't even played one game this year, it's how you play on the field it's how the teams assembled by game one and even then the process there's a trade deadline like we made in 2018 with amari Cooper flip the whole season around, you all have this season already DEAD in the water seven days into a six month process.
.:facepalm:

There are literally hundreds of players out there still available in free agency there's gonna be more released you have the draft you have all kinds of options with six months to go and not any team I know has been pronounced the Super bowl winner off the first seven days of free agency literally insane y'all have lost your mind !!

Of course "as of now" anybody already predicting things, as of now, it's ridiculous, you all are ridiculous!!! You don't think it's possible to fill the holes that we have on this team with good players they're all out there you act like if you don't get the players in the first seven days it's over like it's a blueprint spend big the first seven days & you're golden for the Super bowl right show me where that's true?? ******!!!
"Oh no! He changed the font size." Read carefully. At no point was it mentioned the season was over or the season was won. Take a beat and stop hyper ventilating.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Stopping the run starts up front…if you have a run stuffing d tackle, it means the line backers jobs easier. you build inside out. We aren’t scapegoating the position lol. The front office said stopping the run is the number 1 issue this year and letting your best run stuffing d tackle go without replacing him is the antithesis of that.

If you splurged slightly on d tackle then the Kendrick’s signing would be even more impactful.

starfan1

Reaction score
I think people believe though that interior on the line is why our defense was bad and that's just not the case. This defense had issues stopping the run and a lot of those big runs came running at our best defensive player.
some of them did but I will also say that our run defense performed better WITH Big Hank in the line up and yes our LB corps needed improvement

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stopping the run starts up front…if you have a run stuffing d tackle, it means the line backers jobs easier. you build inside out. We aren’t scapegoating the position lol. The front office said stopping the run is the number 1 issue this year and letting your best run stuffing d tackle go without replacing him is the antithesis of that.

If you splurged slightly on d tackle then the Kendrick’s signing would be even more impactful.
It is scapegoating the position. Because better DT play doesn't make Bell and Clark better linebackers and no longer undersized. And like I Said when I watched us get gashed by big runs a lot of them came on Micah's side.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL, so the issue wasn't the DT play (and LB play between the tackles), rather it was Parsons fault.

Hahahah.
I did not say DT play wasn't an issue...what I said was I noticed offenses intentionally running towards Micah said and he did very little to stop it. My point was....you guys are scapegoating DT but it's not the only issue.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
DT play was a big issue. Smith being a total slug in his first year as a 1st round pick was a big factor.

Denying that is silly at this point. Our problems were multiple - DT play was one of those big problems.
You're arguing something I never did. I never said DT wasn't an issue. What I Said was we had bigger issues. You need better linebacker play as well. We all agreed all offseason that Quinn trying to play his safeties as linebackers was a problem. Now all of a sudden it's not one of our bigger issues? SO much so that he's in Washington right now and isn't getting safeties but actual linebackers to play....linebacker. Who would've thought.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
It is scapegoating the position. Because better DT play doesn't make Bell and Clark better linebackers and no longer undersized. And like I Said when I watched us get gashed by big runs a lot of them came on Micah's side.
Better d tackle play with a d tackle who stuffs the run and can generate pressure, makes it harder to double parsons and more importantly stops the running back from getting to that second level.

You’re also talking about last years team. This team could have signed a d tackle and signed Hendricks. Hendricks deal is a max of 3.5 it’s nothing. I said it makes their job easier, not them better but yes when guys have less on their plate it certainly allows the, to play more free etc

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
You're arguing something I never did. I never said DT wasn't an issue. What I Said was we had bigger issues. You need better linebacker play as well. We all agreed all offseason that Quinn trying to play his safeties as linebackers was a problem. Now all of a sudden it's not one of our bigger issues? SO much so that he's in Washington right now and isn't getting safeties but actual linebackers to play....linebacker. Who would've thought.
Yes because the front office wouldn’t sign those impact guys for him just like they aren’t now lol….thats the entire point

starfan1

Reaction score
They did but it also seemed like they performed better with LVE playing as well.
I would agree but this run defense isnt a 1 year issue,Its been a consistent problem now for awhile. Whoever was the genius that figured it was a good idea to use undersized LBs is dumb. I get the turnover factor they bring byt a good team just shoves it down your throat. Big games are won and lost in the trenches

Sydla

Reaction score
I did not say DT play wasn't an issue...what I said was I noticed offenses intentionally running towards Micah said and he did very little to stop it. My point was....you guys are scapegoating DT but it's not the only issue.
Parsons is what he is. You going to replace him? LOL, of course not.

But you can absolutely fix DT. And they are choosing to ignore the position in FA, hoping to fix it via the draft and with whatever post draft slop they can scrounge up.

This ain't rocket science here.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why would he have an increased role? He would have the exact same role....
Because you brought him up in some sort of rebuttal to the criticism of the weakness of the DT spot.

He's a JAG. He shouldn't even be a mention at this point when discussing the DT spot. In fact, he played as much outside as he did inside last year. The fact he's even mentioned at DT shows how weak they are right now at the position.

The Cowboys are patch working DT. Again. We've seen how that works out. I think banking on a rookie and some warm bodies paired with Smith, last year's disappointment and an undersized Odi is just a continuation of the issues we have experienced at the position for years.