Seahawks sign DT Hankins

rambo2

Reaction score
BPA is a bit of a misnomer. You get into the 20s and there are multiple players who are not separated by much unless there's someone who slipped for some reason.

You could argue that we did not draft BPA the last two years (Tyler Smith, Mazi Smith) because of how the draft "experts" rated them. Dallas identified them as players worth taking at that point. We can debate that, but when team need definitely plays a role if there is someone valued at that point worth taking at the position of need.

I think center is one of those positions. JPJ and Barton are probably going to arguably be BPA at that point. If they are gone, the Cowboys could make a case for Frazier. After that, the centers drop from that late first/early second range to third round or lower.
Somebody is going to drop to 24 that they have much higher on their board.

rambo2

Reaction score
Just wait until they take a RB at 24. LOL.
They aren't going to that. It will be an olineman, a dtackle, an edge, a wr, a linebacker, or a corner It will be somebody ranked high.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Somebody is going to drop to 24 that they have much higher on their board.
Maybe. Didn't happen with Tyler or Mazi. Or if it did, they didn't care.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It should happen this year. There is a lot of talent and 5 or 6 qbs will go before the Cowboys pick.
Of course, what this front office does in the draft often surprises me. So they will probably take a center in the fourth round and not even draft a running back.

rambo2

Reaction score
Of course, what this front office does in the draft often surprises me. So they will probably take a center in the fourth round and not even draft a running back.
They will draft a running back and probably a center.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
You can only acquire just so many contributing players via the draft.
Exactly. I have to think that for the 2024 season, contention is not part of the plan. They're rebuilding, and 2024 is just the 1st stage.
Also, I think there's a good chance they're laying some groundwork for parting ways with Dak. This team is not going to be anywhere near contending this year, and Dak just might be interested in looking for greener grass elsewhere.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Obviously they are going to add some dtackles. I said the dtackles in the draft are good.
We need more than just DTs, we need LBs, RBs, OT, Center, and who knows what all else. We don't just need depth at those positions, we need STARTERS, and Mazi is not a sure bet. Not only that, we have a late pick, 24th in the 1st.
It doesn't take much math to realize this is not a good situation.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
AA gap defense.

2 LBs in the A gap.

Maybe they think Hankins is obsolete in that scheme.

rambo2

Reaction score
We need more than just DTs, we need LBs, RBs, OT, Center, and who knows what all else. We don't just need depth at those positions, we need STARTERS, and Mazi is not a sure bet. Not only that, we have a late pick, 24th in the 1st.
It doesn't take much math to realize this is not a good situation.
I'm sure they will end up short somewhere. Maybe this time they can add somebody during the season in an area where they end up short.