News: Seahawks want a 2nd rounder and change for E.T

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
According to NFL’s Ian Rappaport, the Seahawks are seeking a 2nd rounder “and change” (whatever that means) for Earl Thomas and the Cowboys are offering a 3rd rounder.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-not-expected-to-play-for-seahawks-in-week-1

The good news is that this means that conversations are still happening. This isn’t that far apart. You have to think that this deal is going to get done.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Seattle already asked for pick 50 during the draft. That's a second without the change.

Cowboys have been firm about only offering a 3rd.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No way would I deal a 2nd. A 3rd and a player, YES. I think something will happen still. If NFL network is reporting this THAT means talks are getting serious between all parties involved. Wouldn't doubt if something gets done by end of the day Weds.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
A 3rd and some change isn’t that far from what they’re asking for. If Earl proves he’s willing to miss game checks, it’s very conceivable they’d be willing to compromise.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
For the record, I’d give up a 2nd in a heartbeat. Not sure about the “change”.

This deal makes too much sense for both sides not to happen. In the end I suspect it will be something like a 3rd rounder that could become a 2nd if Earl Thomas makes the Pro Bowl.
Looking at our depth vs their depth, sounds a lot like T. Williams would fit the mold of the "change".

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
No way would I deal a 2nd. A 3rd and a player, YES. I think something will happen still. If NFL network is reporting this THAT means talks are getting serious between all parties involved. Wouldn't doubt if something gets done by end of the day Weds.

Exactly. Someone leaked this to Rappaport, so discussions are underway. I would also guess that this gets done in the next 24 hours.

Rayman70

Reaction score
According to NFL’s Ian Rappaport, the Seahawks are seeking a 2nd rounder “and change” (whatever that means) for Earl Thomas and the Cowboys are offering a 3rd rounder.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-not-expected-to-play-for-seahawks-in-week-1

The good news is that this means that conversations are still happening. This isn’t that far apart. You have to think that this deal is going to get done.
that's my take as well. Both sides are starting to get serious in the 11th hour.