News: Seahawks want a 2nd rounder and change for E.T

Flamma

Reaction score
The fact no other team is biting is a concern. To me at least that's an indication they're asking for too much.

I say give them the 2nd and send them Chaz Green in a Tyrone Smith uniform. That should be a done deal.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it comes down to whether Jerry and Stephen really believe this team has a shot. If so, you send the pick and upgrade your defense. But i'm not sure that is the case. Maybe their thinking its better to keep the picks and sign Earl in the off season for just a contract. The last time Jerry got greedy and overpaid for a guy who was going to be a free agent anyway was the Roy Williams debacle.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The situation with ET does not help his value. They need to move on and so far no one has offered more than the Cowboys.

Their belief is clearly that Thomas is worth more than a third and either someone will pay it or they will hold on to him until he comes back and get a third-round compensatory pick for him anyway.

Ultimately, I agree with their strategy. I don't agree with Dallas offering just a third for him. The offer needs to be something more than what Seattle would get for just letting him walk next year.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The fact no other team is biting is a concern. To me at least that's an indication they're asking for too much.

I say give them the 2nd and send them Chaz Green in a Tyrone Smith uniform. That should be a done deal.

Every other team knows he wants to be a Cowboy. For all we know he has refused to negotiate and new deal with anyone but Dallas. I’m not surprised no one else has expressed interest. The safety market was flooded and they were cheap. Teams that needed one got one without having to trade a pick.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Offer them 2- 3rd's and be done with it.
not a bad idea. We can always trade back and get those 3rds back. You can recover from dealing 3rds a lot easier than trading a 1st or 2nd. Those are very hard to come by.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
A 3rd rounder and Rod Smith? Seattle could use a RB...

They’ve got two decent running backs, one of which they selected in the first round.

What Seattle needs is wide receivers. The deal will either be a 3rd that turns into a 2nd under certain conditions or a 3rd plus a wide receiver like Beasley who (I believe) is also in a contract year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Here's a reality check for you fantasy world folks. The Cowboys ain't winning the SB this year with or without Earl. Save your draft picks to help continue to build this roster and sign Earl in the offseason if you really want him....
Getting ET next year aint happening. He will be a year older. We need him now...that way he gives us 2-3 good years at an elite level. We miss on him now, next year aint happening.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Here's a reality check for you fantasy world folks. The Cowboys ain't winning the SB this year with or without Earl. Save your draft picks to help continue to build this roster and sign Earl in the offseason if you really want him....

You don’t know that. IMHO with Earl Thomas this is the NFL’s best defense. Defense wins championships.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
They must be thinking this is the Draft Day movie. No chance!
Their FO reads our Forum.

Where else would they get such insane ideas?

I don't want him.

He doesn't want to play for us.

He's playing for his ego..

and the money.

Let's kill this topic.

The season starts.

Cas2800

Reaction score
You would think that Thomas was already given permission to speak with Dallas in regards to resigning him to a long term deal. If they are anywhere close in number I could see Jones telling him to sit out the first few weeks which would put enormous pressure of Seattle to trade him. Jones then promised to make up the difference in money he would lose by sitting out those games. I'm sure even Thomas would rather them get a lower draft pick :muttley: