News: Seahawks want a 2nd rounder and change for E.T

JayNovacek84

Reaction score
Safety is one position we have a chance to massively upgrade if we trade for ET, I don't get the argument that just because we may not be SB contenders this year then we just shouldn't bother. A signing like him could make the difference between Dallas making the playoffs or not, do you what you need to do Jerry (2nd round pick if necessary) and get this done!

Last edited:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I usually don't believe we'll get big name free agents, but I really don't see any way ET isn't a Cowboy in the next few days. The Seahawks are preparing for life without him and it may be in their best interest to go into rebuild mode.

Carter

Reaction score
I usually don't believe we'll get big name free agents, but I really don't see any way ET isn't a Cowboy in the next few days. The Seahawks are preparing for life without him and it may be in their best interest to go into rebuild mode.

My guess is Seahawks will wait till they played the Boys in Week 3 than Trade him for the Initial offer the Cowboys made (3rd). Win Win for them.

ET wont Play against them and they can save 3 game checks that he isnt getting for sitting out.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence.
Randy Gregory.
David Irving.
Sean Lee.
Jaylon Smith.
Chidobe Awuzie.
Earl Thomas.

This team could have A LOT of elite, game-changing players on defense, and well divided on each level of the D.

Go get Earl Thomas. Give the 2nd we almost gave at the draft this year.

It's BS when people say "he won't make a difference in a Super Bowl this year." He very well might. With this talent on D and a good, minimum mistake offense controlling the clock through a power run game, we could absolutely be a contender this year.

Carter

Reaction score
The Argument "we arent one Player away from Contending" is stupid. So the solution is you dont try to make your Team better?

Even if we arent one Player away (you cant know that now either) you always want to try to make the Team better and give them a good Chance to win Games.

I dont get this Argument at all. Its not like we are in a hard rebuild.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
IMO these are the mindsets at play. I too don't believe the Cowboys front office thinks they can win it all this year, so why bring Earl in if we're not there yet? But do they not think the Cowboys will be in the mix over the next 2-3 years? That would be reason to bring him in now.
We'll never be there. This is an up and down team. At least this way we'll have an elite defense. Draft picks are gambles especially with this team.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
E.T. phone home ....

Getting E.T. won't guarantee anything, but sure as heck would get us closer to the playoffs. That's the only thing that counts.

Not the Cap! Not giving rookies a chance !
WINNING ! MAKING THE PLAYOFFS AND WINNING !

Gosh darn it ... Do we even want to try to win ?!

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
ET,ET,ET,ET,ET, man you guys going nuts over a little space alien ?? Can he even play football?
but joking aside,
Jones boys arent giving a 2nd and paying big bucks to earl thomas!!!!!! At least spell out his name, ET is evidently bad luck.

JayNovacek84

Reaction score
ET,ET,ET,ET,ET, man you guys going nuts over a little space alien ?? Can he even play football?
but joking aside,
Jones boys arent giving a 2nd and paying big bucks to earl thomas!!!!!! At least spell out his name, ET is evidently bad luck.

ET and Elliott on the same team, it would be out of this world! :thumbup:

jaybird

Reaction score
According to NFL’s Ian Rappaport, the Seahawks are seeking a 2nd rounder “and change” (whatever that means) for Earl Thomas and the Cowboys are offering a 3rd rounder.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-not-expected-to-play-for-seahawks-in-week-1

The good news is that this means that conversations are still happening. This isn’t that far apart. You have to think that this deal is going to get done.
A 3rd and a conditional 6th if he plays 16 a 4th of he makes the probowl.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
A 3rd and a conditional 6th if he plays 16 a 4th of he makes the probowl.

Thats a bit much... but still ...
giphy-downsized.gif

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
E.T. phone home ....

Getting E.T. won't guarantee anything, but sure as heck would get us closer to the playoffs. That's the only thing that counts.

Not the Cap! Not giving rookies a chance !
WINNING ! MAKING THE PLAYOFFS AND WINNING !

Gosh darn it ... Do we even want to try to win ?!

If not giving up Seattle’s asking price means the Cowboys don’t want to win, it means a hell of a lot of other NFL teams don’t want to win either. It’s not just the Cowboys that aren’t ponying up

Hadenough

Reaction score
Ive been on the fence about this for a while. Thomas has had shoulder surgery and a broken tibia. He was drafted when he was 20 and been around a while. Im not giving up a 2nd round pick AND a 40 or 50 million dollar 4 year contract for a guy who is damaged goods and been in the league 9 years. His better days are behind him and he didnt have any better of a year last year than Byron Jones did at S.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I bet Dallas would be willing to offer more than a 3rd. Seattle can get a 3rd as comp. I wouldnt be surprised with a 3rd and a 5th.
It's not guaranteed that Seattle gets a 3rd comp, even if they did it's at the very least pick in the 3rd and they won't get it until 2020. Trading with Dallas they would get a 3rd guaranteed and it wouldn't be the very last pick and they would get it in next years draft.

JayNovacek84

Reaction score
like your avatar, I liked Novachek, he is underated.
I think they.... jimmy traded for him too.
He was a sixth round pick by the St Louis Cardinals and later a Plan B draft agent (???) for the Cowboys, he had a certain swagger about him which I really liked. All in all the kid done good for the 158th pick overall.