Sean Lee agrees to new contract

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Just think, they can now sell more #50 jerseys.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I would do is save Lee for big divisional games and basically rest him outside of those games.

You can’t expect him to be and stay sharp without playing in the other games.

JustChip

Reaction score
I'd love to know what those incentives are.
They’re probably easily attainable if he is available for all 16 games, but it’s still a good deal because, unless I’m mistaken, earned incentives would go against next year’s cap which theCowboys are in outstanding shape with.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
So, now that we know he’s back, a serious question: how does he get on the field? Is the team really going to bench LVE for four series per game to play Lee?

Is there no way these football geniuses can get LVE, Jaylon and Lee on the field at the same time?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So, now that we know he’s back, a serious question: how does he get on the field? Is the team really going to bench LVE for four series per game to play Lee?

Is there no way these football geniuses can get LVE, Jaylon and Lee on the field at the same time?
SLee at WILL........ LVE at MIKE ............. JSmith at SAM in the base package....about 20 snaps a game
LVE and JSmith as the Nickel backers

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Probably similar to Witten is suspect
I could see something like this for snaps..... he played 21% of the snaps last year
25% - 1m .............would be NLTBE
50% - 1m ............. NLTBE
75% - 1m ............. NLTBE
NFCCG- 500k.......NLTBE

His cap hit would be 6.5m.......... saving 3.5m

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You can’t expect him to be and stay sharp without playing in the other games.
Also, it would probably make it unfairly difficult to accomplish the incentives laid out in the contract.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Well this will certainly help with you know who, lol....just in time for E.T. to phone home

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This. Is. Awesome.

They basically converted him from a $10 million dollar contract guaranteed to $10.5 million, only $3.5 million guaranteed and the rest on incentives.

In 2020 he’ll be a coach on the sidelines.

Great work Jerry!

He would have made 7M in 2019 before the updated contract, not 10M.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Knew it would be $3.5 million. Fair deal and we keep our best 3 starting LB's with a good cover LB in Thomas behind them.

I like Wilson but I doubt we keep him. I'm sure he's going to get a long term deal elsewhere. We got young depth and can pick up/draft more depth if a good value like Thomas is out there and need be.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
SLee at WILL........ LVE at MIKE ............. JSmith at SAM in the base package....about 20 snaps a game
LVE and JSmith as the Nickel backers
You really don't get how our defensive packages work, do you?