Sean Lee is excited to play next to Smith and LVE

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If I could play with Smith and LVE I would go from 6 to midnight.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When he came back week 7, and Vander Esch was established as a stud(for sure at the end of the season and NO QUESTION in the playoffs) he should’ve been prepared to play that spot.

It’s not like they were asking him to kick field goals or playboy WR. Just a linebacker spot that isn’t very different. At all. I’m quite sure he knew the responsibilities of that position.

Best players on the field as they’re doing a year late.
Couldn’t we have figured this this last year?

In the 2018 regular season when Lee was healthy and available for the entire game, he averaged playing 66% of the defensive snaps...

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
After not playing or even practicing for most of 4 weeks? And then he played 2 games and had to sit out another 6-7 weeks. And even then he was used very sparingly to keep from aggravating the injury. They spent most of the season just hoping to get him healthy, so how could they count on him playing a new position? This year they can go into camp prepared for this. And, there actually are differences in assignments between the LB slots.

Whatever it takes to get him on the field and not take out our best or second best defender while taking out one of our weakest defenders I say is a good idea.

Again, It’s not like we were asking him to play an entirely different position. Taking out Vander Esch was a stupid idea. You can support it if you want. I won’t and didn’t and now what is obvious should’ve happened is happening and I’m happy about it.

Go into camp prepared?? He was prepared last year. A good coach would’ve known that and not taken out one of our best defenders and which changed our D and the chemistry.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whatever it takes to get him on the field and not take out our best or second best defender while taking out one of our weakest defenders I say is a good idea.

Again, It’s not like we were asking him to play an entirely different position. Taking out Vander Esch was a stupid idea. You can support it if you want. I won’t and didn’t and now what is obvious should’ve happened is happening and I’m happy about it.

Go into camp prepared?? He was prepared last year. A good coach would’ve known that and not taken out one of our best defenders and which changed our D and the chemistry.

Whatever it takes to get him on the field doesn’t apply with a player nursing an injury or who has no practice or game time at the new position, much less one who would have been dealing with both at the same time. And the reality is a hobbled Lee who hadn’t been working at that position wouldn’t have been as good as a fully healthy Wilson who had.

Even if LVE hadn’t been drafted and we needed him more, Lee couldn’t have dived full speed into the position he was used to, so how do you think he could have with one he wasn’t?

Take a realistic look at his season.. He played 3 games, then sat out 3. Played 2 more, then sat out 5. Played one more, then sat out again. And many of those games he did play he was limited by the team to try and minimize the risk of aggravating the injury. How can you realistically even suggest that kind of season made it possible for him to dive full speed into a new position?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Whatever it takes to get him on the field doesn’t apply with a player nursing an injury or who has no practice or game time at the new position, much less one who would have been dealing with both at the same time. And the reality is a hobbled Lee who hadn’t been working at that position wouldn’t have been as good as a fully healthy Wilson who had.

Even if LVE hadn’t been drafted and we needed him more, Lee couldn’t have dived full speed into the position he was used to, so how do you think he could have with one he wasn’t?

Take a realistic look at his season.. He played 3 games, then sat out 3. Played 2 more, then sat out 5. Played one more, then sat out again. And many of those games he did play he was limited by the team to try and minimize the risk of aggravating the injury. How can you realistically even suggest that kind of season made it possible for him to dive full speed into a new position?

Because he plays football and could’ve and should’ve been preparing to come back as the replacement for Wilson. Absolutely not LVE. Who he did replace. He didn’t play well and we lost.

I’d like to ask LVE If he thought it was a good move to replace a pro bowl player with anyone.

He should’ve prepared for and replaced Wilson. Not LVE. Under any circumstance. Which is what he is doing now.

Explain to me what exactly about that position makes it so difficult for a 10year? Vet to prepare for. Who had weeks to prepare for and study(if he really even needed to since he knows everyone’s reponsibilites on the entire D) as they eased him back in very slowly over all the weeks you stated.

You are welcome to believe that it wasn’t a good idea. That’s fine. I said it at the time and I’m saying it now after the results are In. Stupid move. And now they’re doing what they should've done all along. I’m thrilled.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because he plays football and could’ve and should’ve been preparing to come back as the replacement for Wilson. Absolutely not LVE. Who he did replace. He didn’t play well and we lost.

I’d like to ask LVE If he thought it was a good move to replace a pro bowl player with anyone.

He should’ve prepared for and replaced Wilson. Not LVE. Under any circumstance. Which is what he is doing now.

Explain to me what exactly about that position makes it so difficult for a 10year? Vet to prepare for. Who had weeks to prepare for and study(if he really even needed to since he knows everyone’s reponsibilites on the entire D) as they eased him back in very slowly over all the weeks you stated.

You are welcome to believe that it wasn’t a good idea. That’s fine. I said it at the time and I’m saying it now after the results are In. Stupid move. And now they’re doing what they should've done all along. I’m thrilled.

How exactly do you prepare when you can’t run and you spend more time in the trainers room than on the practice field? And, again, a fully healthy Wilson was a much better option than a one legged Lee anyway.

And yes, the results are in, and the results are that Lee was only fully healthy for maybe 3 games all season - Games 1, 2 and 7.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
How exactly do you prepare when you can’t run and you spend more time in the trainers room than on the practice field? And, again, a fully healthy Wilson was a much better option than a one legged Lee anyway.

And yes, the results are in, and the results are that Lee was only fully healthy for maybe 3 games all season - Games 1, 2 and 7.
So was a fully healthy LVE also a better option? Clearly. That’s why he should’ve not replaced him.

How exactly did he prepare to replace LVE in those games? He should’ve prepared to replace Wilson exactly the same way.

He did actually replace someone, right?
Then that should have been Wilson.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So was a fully healthy LVE also a better option? Clearly. That’s why he should’ve not replaced him.

How exactly did he prepare to replace LVE in those games? He should’ve prepared to replace Wilson exactly the same way.

He did actually replace someone, right?
Then that should have been Wilson.
Yes, a fully healthy LVE was a better option. That’s why LVE started 11 games, and why Lee never started again after he re-injured his hamstring.

As for how he prepared to replace LVE after the first hamstring injury, LVE was playing in Lee’s normal position - the one he had been used to. He didn’t have to prepare, he just had to get healthy. Wilson, on the other hand, played a different position.

shabazz

Reaction score
If he does that would probably mean all 3 of them are on the couch playing Madden

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I’d love to be able to claim all my opinions are that of a cowboys fan. But that would get me banned faster than anything
At least you admit it, I give you that, but as much as I follow all sports, as a Cowboys fan I would never take the time or effort to post on an Eagles board,, maybe that makes me lazy.

shabazz

Reaction score
At least you admit it, I give you that, but as much as I follow all sports, as a Cowboys fan I would never take the time or effort to post on an Eagles board,, maybe that makes me lazy.

Or means that you have a life...

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Yes, a fully healthy LVE was a better option. That’s why LVE started 11 games, and why Lee never started again after he re-injured his hamstring.

As for how he prepared to replace LVE after the first hamstring injury, LVE was playing in Lee’s normal position - the one he had been used to. He didn’t have to prepare, he just had to get healthy. Wilson, on the other hand, played a different position.
Explain to me the many differences between the two positions that, in your opinion, would have left Lee dumbfounded and not able to outplay Wilson.

I’ll bet on a former pro bowler and one of the most knowledgeable players to be able figure it out. Especially, having time on the sidelines to prepare.

It was a poor choice bought on by a lack of imagination, ability to coach, or just plain stupidly.

I’m glad they corrected that.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Explain to me the many differences between the two positions that, in your opinion, would have left Lee dumbfounded and not able to outplay Wilson.

I’ll bet on a former pro bowler and one of the most knowledgeable players to be able figure it out. Especially, having time on the sidelines to prepare.

It was a poor choice bought on by a lack of imagination, ability to coach, or just plain stupidly.

I’m glad they corrected that.
I didn’t say dumbfounded. That’s a nonsensical attempt to put words in my mouth in an effort to make a point. There are differences in coverage assignments and containment and run support with the 3 LB positions. It’s not just 3 guys doing exactly the same thing with exactly the same roles and responsibilities. Sure Lee can handle different roles and responsibilities, but he naturally would be at a disadvantage without any time to practice and prepare, which requires more than thinking about it wile he sits on the sidelines, unable to run or practice. Throwing a guy into a new role cold never makes sense, especially when he is nursing a lingering injury.

Besides, what part of him only being fully healthy for 3 games last year do you not understand? And 2 of those 3 were the first 2 games of the year, before LVE was even established. So that leaves only one fully healthy game all season after LVE was established. What great things do you think he could have accomplished in that 1 fully healthy game at SLB even if he had made the switch?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I didn’t say dumbfounded. That’s a nonsensical attempt to put words in my mouth in an effort to make a point. There are differences in coverage assignments and containment and run support with the 3 LB positions. It’s not just 3 guys doing exactly the same thing with exactly the same roles and responsibilities. Sure Lee can handle different roles and responsibilities, but he naturally would be at a disadvantage without any time to practice and prepare, which requires more than thinking about it wile he sits on the sidelines, unable to run or practice. Throwing a guy into a new role cold never makes sense, especially when he is nursing a lingering injury.

Besides, what part of him only being fully healthy for 3 games last year do you not understand? And 2 of those 3 were the first 2 games of the year, before LVE was even established. So that leaves only one fully healthy game all season after LVE was established. What great things do you think he could have accomplished in that 1 fully healthy game at SLB even if he had made the switch?

I’ve heard that Lee knows every players responsibilities on D. He’d have managed. He’d have done more great things than Wilson. Add all the great things LVE wasn’t able to do to that.

What you’re missing is that LVE should’ve never came out. That should’ve never been an option. If Lee has to play, which seemed apparent by the decision, then he should’ve played another position. The most logical was SLB. And he would’ve been subbing for our worst defensive player not our best or second best.

That was the flaw of the plan. That’s why we’re doing it correctly now. It was and is the right move.

You’re saying what you think would’ve happened if he would’ve played there. I’m looking at the results of what did happen and it was a dumb move. I said it at the time.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve heard that Lee knows every players responsibilities on D. He’d have managed. He’d have done more great things than Wilson. Add all the great things LVE wasn’t able to do to that.

What you’re missing is that LVE should’ve never came out. That should’ve never been an option. If Lee has to play, which seemed apparent by the decision, then he should’ve played another position. The most logical was SLB. And he would’ve been subbing for our worst defensive player not our best or second best.

That was the flaw of the plan. That’s why we’re doing it correctly now. It was and is the right move.

Well hell, let’s just fill our holes at safety and DT with Lee since he knows the responsibilities of every position ...

Of course, it may just be that knowing them and practicing them and playing them aren’t the all same thing. Sure he probably could have “managed” - so what? . We already had a fully healthy player who was experienced in the role who was “managing” just fine.

And, again, you keep avoiding the fact that Lee played 3 fully healthy games all season, two of which were the opening games when he was still starting at WLB. He had one fully healthy game the remainder of the regular season. Just one. Do you really think that one healthy week in Game 7 would have made a big impact on the season?

Why we are doing it now, and why it is doing it correctly now, is that Lee is healthy, Lee gets to go through training camp and pre season working g at SLB, and we know from the outset that LVE is ready to be the full time WLB. None of those things were the case a year ago.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Well hell, let’s just fill our holes at safety and DT with Lee since he knows the responsibilities of every position ...

Of course, it may just be that knowing them and practicing them and playing them aren’t the all same thing. Sure he probably could have “managed” - so what? . We already had a fully healthy player who was experienced in the role who was “managing” just fine.

And, again, you keep avoiding the fact that Lee played 3 fully healthy games all season, two of which were the opening games when he was still starting at WLB. He had one fully healthy game the remainder of the regular season. Just one. Do you really think that one healthy week in Game 7 would have made a big impact on the season?

Why we are doing it now, and why it is doing it correctly now, is that Lee is healthy, Lee gets to go through training camp and pre season working g at SLB, and we know from the outset that LVE is ready to be the full time WLB. None of those things were the case a year ago.
Didn’t you say something about a non-sensical attempt?

Yes, not taking out LVE was the only sensible option.
Lee is better than Wilson in every way at football.

It was a dumb move and they’ve corrected to a good move.

Nice job, but late.

Strong and weak aren’t that different. I say Lee could’ve handled that well. At any stage after missed game whatever.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn’t you say something about a non-sensical attempt?

Yes, not taking out LVE was the only sensible option.
Lee is better than Wilson in every way at football.

It was a dumb move then and they’ve corrected to a good move.

Nice job, but late.

Strong and weak aren’t that different. I say Lee could’ve handled that well. At any stage after missed game whatever.
Just a bit of sarcasm. The point was that knowing and doing are separate things. Knowing takes study, doing takes practice and experience.

And still you avoid the question of what kind of impact (or even opportunity) Lee would have had being fully healthy for only one game after his game 3 injury. One game out of the next 14. Just one, and somehow you think that was an opportunity missed by the team for Lee to make a big impact.

Obviously with all things being equal, Lee is better than Wilson. But that wasn’t the case, no matter how much you want to bury your head in the sand to the truth. Lee was injured and unavailable for all or parts of 13 games last season, and Wilson had played had played SLB the last couple of years and Lee hadn’t. All things were not equal.