Sean Lee Isn’t Getting Younger

T-RO

Reaction score
I tend to write more positive things about the Boys. And I’ve often emphasized the youth of the team and how much that is going to help.

But one key cog will turn 32 with a birthday of Sunday—July 22. Yup Sean Lee isn’t getting younger.

If I were to predict things purely on age...I’d have to say that Lee will only have 2 or 3 more seasons, and that his play might not be quite as sterling this year as we’ve grown accustomed to in the past.

Part of his future trajectory will involve contractual considerations as he’s a free agent after the 2019 season.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If I were to predict things purely on age...I’d have to say that Lee will only have 2 or 3 more seasons, and that his play might not be quite as sterling this year as we’ve grown accustomed to in the past.

Part of his future trajectory will involve contractual considerations as he’s a free agent after the 2019 season.

I love Lee, but no way am I giving him a new contract in 2 years at age 34. His injury risk will be even higher, and regression will occur because Father Time always wins.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I love Lee, but no way am I giving him a new contract in 2 years at age 34. His injury risk will be even higher, and regression will occur because Father Time always wins.
Correct.

Aven8

Reaction score
The Vander Carpenter pick was designed to address this problem.

Yep. Was just about to say this. We drafted Vander Deuce to make the transition. Let's hope he's not a stiff like on tape.