Sean Lee Isn’t Getting Younger

T-RO

Reaction score
I love Lee, but no way am I giving him a new contract in 2 years at age 34. His injury risk will be even higher, and regression will occur because Father Time always wins.

I tend to agree, but one aspect to consider is all the things he does as team captain and on-field coach.

T-RO

Reaction score
Yep. Was just about to say this. We drafted Vander Deuce to make the transition. Let's hope he's not a stiff like on tape.

Please show me the tape where he looks stiff.

Guy ran 4.6 40; jumped 40” vertical(!!!) and had 5th best 3-cone among LBs at combine. Only 4 LB who bested him in cone were smaller LBs under 235.

Scouts pointed out flaws like shedding blockers, but specifically praised his fluidity in space, redirection skill and twitchy athleticism.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I love Lee, but no way am I giving him a new contract in 2 years at age 34. His injury risk will be even higher, and regression will occur because Father Time always wins.
You're probably right but before talking in absolutes wouldn't the prudent move be to see what his health and level of play has been the previous season or two?

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Sean Lee has been year to year ever since we drafted him. Every game he plays might be his last.

I would pay him 8 million a year to sit on the sidelines and coach, and then if we made the playoffs suit him up and put him in the game and hope he stays healthy all the way to the SB.

I am just thrilled to watch him play when he does. For what he lacks physically the guy just has a phenomenal amount of the " It " factor.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Vander Esch is never going to be Lee's replacement....That my friends is Jaylon Smith. He's our will of the future. LVE could play the position but unless he absolutely cannot handle the mike spot then there's absolutely no way it's not Jaylon Smith.(unless Smith completely sucks)
Lol so basically anything can happen.

T-RO

Reaction score
Actually have you seen Benjamin Button? Based on a real disease.

Uh...no...there is no real disease that makes you age in reverse.;)

There is a disease that can cause premature aging.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
So we are 2-3 years away from Sean Lee Dallas Cowboys LB coach? Win Win for me :)

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I tend to write more positive things about the Boys. And I’ve often emphasized the youth of the team and how much that is going to help.

But one key cog will turn 32 with a birthday of Sunday—July 22. Yup Sean Lee isn’t getting younger.

If I were to predict things purely on age...I’d have to say that Lee will only have 2 or 3 more seasons, and that his play might not be quite as sterling this year as we’ve grown accustomed to in the past.

Part of his future trajectory will involve contractual considerations as he’s a free agent after the 2019 season.
Perfect time for Jaylon and Leighton to take over at LB