Sean Payton > Bill Parcells

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Maybe I am stating the obvious here, but does anyone else think that Sean Payton is Bill Parcells with more ingenuity on offense? His teams always seem to be well prepared, disciplined, and prepared for any event. That botched punt that turned into a first down reminded me of the Randal Williams off-sides kick for a touchdown in 2003.

If only Bill had left last year instead of this year. I think it was clear to everyone on this board that Payton would do great things with the Saints, but none of us saw it coming this quick.

Gaede

Reaction score
I'm shocked Payton is as good as he is. I'll admit to thinking he was gonna bust as a head coach.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
TheSkaven;1311354 said:
Maybe I am stating the obvious here, but does anyone else think that Sean Payton is Bill Parcells with more ingenuity on offense? His teams always seem to be well prepared, disciplined, and prepared for any event. That botched punt that turned into a first down reminded me of the Randal Williams off-sides kick for a touchdown in 2003.

If only Bill had left last year instead of this year. I think it was clear to everyone on this board that Payton would do great things with the Saints, but none of us saw it coming this quick.

Now thats he's out from under Bill's choke hold he can show the world the real Sean Payton.

DipChit

Reaction score
Well as far as I'm concerned if they dont win this game he hasnt really done anything much different than what Bill did his first year here.

Both 10-6 taking rag-tag teams to the playoffs. One based more on offense, one based more on defense. Both cases with some players they knew from previous teams.

The fact that one won their division doesnt necessarily mean much since that in part has to do with how good the other teams in their division might've been at the time.

Course the big question is.. Sean has a chance to keep from falling off his 2nd year. Which because of thr NFL these days is prolly no more than a 50/50 prop no matter what Payton does.

Not at all meaning to take a pot shot at Payton.. but just sayin lets not act like he's the next Lombardi while Bill is ready for a scrap heap somewhere.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everything, and I mean everything fell just right for Peyton this year.

Miami passed on Brees, Houston passed on Bush, finally coming home, Colston in the 7th........

MarkBrunell

Benched
Reaction score
Payton reminds me of Joe Gibbs when Joe came into the league as a HC. He brought along an offensive juggernaut and was not afraid to take MAJOR risks. He was also a strict coach who kept no loyalties and always played the best people.

too bad Joe's become a puss since his return.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
How good would Payton be with Culpepper instead of Brees?

Miami ***** up. They would be playing today instead of the Saints.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Way to call a toss play when you're trying to run out the clock, Payton.

hardcorebob

Through thick and thin
Reaction score
Lets not make him King of the NFL yet, he has just one playoff game so far.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Give the guy 20 years and then see. If he has won more games and more SBs, then you might have something. RIght now its just STUPID.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
hardcorebob;1311752 said:

he's won more than Parcells has won here.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
hardcorebob;1311752 said:

That's one more than our boy Bill this year. I'm more of a "what have you done for me lately" guy. Historically nothing can argue Bill's incredible coaching resume. However, the older Bill Parcells is definitely < Sean Payton.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
You act like the Saints are void of talent and Payton is a god or something.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Anyone have the over/under on how many threads that will be started about how Sean Payton is better than Bill and how their players are sooooo dreamy now that they're not on our team anymore?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Doomsday;1311774 said:
You act like the Saints are void of talent and Payton is a god or something.

Are we void of talent? Thanks for proving my point... :rolleyes:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Faerluna;1311778 said:
Anyone have the over/under on how many threads that will be started about how Sean Payton is better than Bill and how their players are sooooo dreamy now that they're not on our team anymore?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This one is more than we need.