News: Sean Payton picks Cowboys to beat Buccaneers

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You didn’t answer my question because you made a s stupid assertion and I pointed it out.

Let’s Try again:

How does history factor in to your logic and reasoning approach?
History factors into everything.

I told you... when a player has lead his team to a 7-0 record against another team there is no reason at all to believe the 8th time will be different.

I have no reason to believe that and you have no reason to believe that.

Maybe at halftime of the game Sunday I'll have reason to believe different, but right now today, I have zero reason to think anything will be different based on Tom Brady led teams against the Cowboys.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

I told you... when a player has lead his team to a 7-0 record against another team there is no reason at all to believe the 8th time will be different.

Maybe at halftime of the game Sunday I'll have reason to believe different, but right now today, I have zero reason to think anything will be different based on Tom Brady led teams against the Cowboys.

You compare sports trends and predicting the winner based on those trends to scientific discovery and advances?

That’s really dumb. Even dumber than your sports history has any impact on a current game position.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

What would halftime provide for you that the past 20 years did not?

A lot. Like how good the teams are that are playing.

Come on. Use your head next time.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

You compare sports trends and predicting the winner based on those trends to scientific discovery and advances?

That’s really dumb. Even dumber than your sports history has any impact on a current game position.
What's even more dumb is predicting wins based on "hope".

I hope you don't bet.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

We have the most Super Bowls besides two teams. 3? (Hurts doesn’t it)

Does that mean we are one of the top 3 favorites this year? Based on history we have a better chance than all but a few, right?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What would halftime provide for you that the past 20 years did not?

A lot. Like how good the teams are that are playing.

Come on. Use your head next time.
If we're up by 3 TDs at halftime one could come to the conclusion that things might end differently this time.

I like to believe that you're better than this.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
What's even more dumb is predicting wins based on "hope".

I hope you don't bet.
I explained to you the reasons and hope wasn’t one. I think you used that word. Not me. Ironically.

Let’s go to a baseball analogy. If a pitcher strikes out 6 guys in a row would you have any reason not to assume he wouldn’t strike out 2 more. Would you bet on it? I hope not.

*I bet on things I compete in only.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So we have the most Super Bowls besides two teams. 3?

Does that mean we are one of the top 3 favorites this year? Based on history we have a better chance than all but a few, right?
If that's the way you want to take it then by all means go for it.

I would argue that there's not a single player or coach that is currently playing for the Cowboys from those teams, so the elements have completely changed and there's no reason to use that as a base for today's Cowboys.

Tom Brady is still Tom Brady, still active, still playing great, and still leading teams.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
If we're up by 3 TDs at halftime one could come to the conclusion that things might end differently this time.

I like to believe that you're better than this.
Yea man. That’s what I said.

The current game would give you an idea on how good the teams are. 2006 game means nothing.

Come on. You can be better than this. Just listen to me.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I explained to you the reasons and hope wasn’t one. I think you used that word. Not me. Ironically.

Let’s go to a baseball analogy. If a pitcher strikes out 6 guys in a row would you have any reason not to assume he wouldn’t strike out 2 more. Would you bet on it? I hope not.

*I bet on things I compete in only.
Personally, I wouldn't bet money on anything sports.

There's too many factors and too many moving parts for my liking.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yea man. That’s what I said.

The current game would give you an idea on how good the teams are. 2006 game means nothing.

Come on. You can be better than this. Just listen to me.
I understand what you're saying.

Tom Brady is Tom Brady though.

He's the constant in all those games. He's still there. Until he looks horrible or is no longer playing it means something.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying.

Tom Brady is Tom Brady though.

He's the constant in all those games. He's still there. Until he looks horrible or is no longer playing it means something.
We will see soon enough. I hope the Cowboy’s D doesn't revere him so much and does have bad intentions for him and his 45 year old frame.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We will see soon enough. I hope the Cowboy’s D don’t revere him so much and do have bad intentions for him and his 45 year old frame.
I don't want Tom Brady to retire having never had one of his teams lose to the Cowboys.

I feel like this might be our last chance.