News: Sean Payton picks Cowboys to beat Buccaneers

Hardline

Reaction score
Sean Payton is responsible for Romos progression, Brees' progression and Jameis was on pace to have his best season ever after being trash. MM inherited Farve and Rodgers trashed him so obviously he doesn't think MM helped him. They ain't the same
They are exactly the same. Rodgers and Farve were developed also.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Naw man. You said, essentially, that I had no reason to believe we would win. No evidence.

Just the fact that we lost by 3 at their place and now we’re at home is some evidence that we could very easily win at home.

So your statement was not based on any existing evidence. Just your feelings. Which is what guides you and doesn’t let you root for your own team. But, of course, that’s what makes you such a great analyst.
You don't have any reason to believe the Cowboys will win, because history and evidence shows that a Tom Brady led team has never lost to the Cowboys.

You believe it solely based on being a fan in spite of the evidence that says you should not expect it.

You're using a close loss as your crutch of hope while I use the fact that Tom Brady led teams are 6-0 against us as my reason for not expecting us to win this.

I use reason and logic while you use hope.

But as I said, go ahead and get your hopes way up.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Sure.

I can also examine the losses we've had too and still come to the same conclusion that the Bucs are a better team. We lost a true #1 receiver, a #3 receiver that played HUGE, a Pro-Bowl offensive linemen, and will be without and ALL-PRO offensive linemen.

Some posters have no issue saying we'll win the division because we have the best QB in the division, right? So why is it such a forgone conclusion that we're going to beat the Bucs for some? There is no universe where we have the better QB there.

We may not have the all-around better quarterback and greatest of all time but circumstances alter cases and for this game with both teams having banged up in experienced offensive lines the mobile quarterback might end up being king of this battle and that's not Tom Brady.

A lot depends on who's offensive line protects who better and who can adapt and overcome if they're offensive line does not protect them. I think DAk and Zeke healthy give us a better chance than Brady and Leonard Fournette out of shape and unfocused.

That said they could do their best work and our field goal kicker could spit the bit again this year and kill us.

But I think our defense is stronger this year and the speed of Micah Parsons and Sam Williams might be more than Brady can cope with because the BUCS haven't really had a running game to lean on.

We supposedly are going to run through Zeke who is healthy now The BUCS revolve around Brady who even though he is an NFL God still needs time to throw and the speed of our defense may just be too much for him dealing with a suspect offensive line

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parsons right now seems to have the attitude, but it's too early to tell if it sticks or not.

The offense has ZERO leaders on it. Martin is about the only one I could see doing it, but he doesn't strike me as the that type of guy. He just seems like he quietly does his job.

Wow, only the entire team and coaches and FO. And MANY media members and analysts state many times Dak is a leader.
However, you will fall back on the same excuses to go against this.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We may not have the all-around better quarterback and greatest of all time but circumstances alter cases and for this game with both teams having banged up in experienced offensive lines the mobile quarterback might end up being king of this battle and that's not Tom Brady.

A lot depends on who's offensive line protects who better and who can adapt and overcome if they're offensive line does not protect them. I think DAk and Zeke healthy give us a better chance than Brady and Leonard Fournette out of shape and unfocused.

That said they could do their best work and our field goal kicker could spit the bit again this year and kill us.

But I think our defense is stronger this year and the speed of Micah Parsons and Sam Williams might be more than Brady can cope with because the BUCS haven't really had a running game to lean on.

We supposedly are going to run through Zeke who is healthy now The BUCS revolve around Brady who even though he is an NFL God still needs time to throw and the speed of our defense may just be too much for him dealing with a suspect offensive line
Do you tell other posters that they shouldn't say the Cowboys will win the division because they have the best QB in the division because circumstances can alter cases?

Because you and I both see people picking the Cowboys for that reason and that reason alone. So, does that not apply here also?

Blackrain

Reaction score
You don't have any reason to believe the Cowboys will win, because history and evidence shows that a Tom Brady led team has never lost to the Cowboys.

You believe it solely based on being a fan in spite of the evidence that says you should not expect it.

You're using a close loss as your crutch of hope while I use the fact that Tom Brady led teams are 6-0 against us as my reason for not expecting us to win this.

I use reason and logic while you use hope.

But as I said, go ahead and get your hopes way up.
You're using a statistic if you used reason and logic you would compare the individual matchups but you don't want to do that because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Reason and logic says our defense is better stronger and faster than it was last year.
Tom Brady is older less committed less focused and less protected by a suspect offensive line.

Reason and logic says a healthy Zeke gives us a better chance to run the ball than an out of shape Leonard Fournette.

Reason and logic says we are at home and that should be an advantage.

Reason and logic also says are kicker still sucks.

And Turpin is the x Factor that defies reason and logic and can break the game open on special teams or from the slot at any point in time and could more than negate the fact that our kicker still sucks.

Give me some real reason and logic that pertains to this year specifically not the past

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Wow, only the entire team and coaches and FO. And MANY media members and analysts state many times Dak is a leader.
However, you will fall back on the same excuses to go against this.
Yes everyone, let's follow Dak straight to failing to live up to expectations.

Maybe Dak is a "leader" and maybe that's the problem.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you tell other posters that they shouldn't say the Cowboys will win the division because they have the best QB in the division because circumstances can alter cases?

Because you and I both see people picking the Cowboys for that reason and that reason alone. So, does that not apply here also?

Does this not hold true for all divisions?

I heard already many times this week from all types of media members, NFLN, ESPN, sports wire services.
GB should win the division because they have the better QB
TB should win the division because they have the better QB
KC should win the division because they have the better QB, Herbert getting there
Buffalo should win the division because they have the better QB
Ravens should win the division because they have more love for some dumb reason Lamar is better than Joe

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You're using a statistic if you used reason and logic you would compare the individual matchups but you don't want to do that because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Reason and logic says our defense is better stronger and faster than it was last year.
Tom Brady is older less committed less focused and less protected by a suspect offensive line.

Reason and logic says a healthy Zeke gives us a better chance to run the ball than an out of shape Leonard Fournette.

Reason and logic says we are at home and that should be an advantage.

Reason and logic also says are kicker still sucks.

And Turpin is the x Factor that defies reason and logic and can break the game open on special teams or from the slot at any point in time and could more than negate the fact that our kicker still sucks
You have no idea what our defense will be.
You have no idea what Tom Brady will be.
You have no idea what Zeke will be.
You have no idea if home field will matter at all.
You have no idea if our kicker will suck or not.
You have no idea what Turpin will be.

All you have is "hope" of these things.

Until I see different I have no reason to believe Brady won't lead his team to a 7-0 record against the Cowboys.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Does this not hold true for all divisions?

I heard already many times this week from all types of media members, NFLN, ESPN, sports wire services.
GB should win the division because they have the better QB
TB should win the division because they have the better QB
KC should win the division because they have the better QB, Herbert getting there
Buffalo should win the division because they have the better QB
Ravens should win the division because they have more love for some dumb reason Lamar is better than Joe
I think it's stupid to think that. I don't care what the media says. The best team wins the division and that is not always the best QB.

But you see everyone saying that's why the Cowboys will win the division for that reason, but you don't see anyone saying that's why the Bucs will beat the Cowboys for that reason.

It's just another example of fan logic where common sense and logic is replaced by hope.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's stupid to think that. I don't care what the media says. The best team wins the division and that is not always the best QB.

But you see everyone saying that's why the Cowboys will win the division for that reason, but you don't see anyone saying that's why the Bucs will beat the Cowboys for that reason.

It's just another example of fan logic where common sense and logic is replaced by hope.

I was just saying what was being said about some other divisions. I did not say I agree with it as a blanket statement.
Of course I know, as well as others know there is more to it than that.
However, if all else is equal, you know they will say it comes down to the QB. And many will use that as the reason for or against. And many depending on their like or dislikes, not just for the QB but for other things as well. It is human nature.

You can think it is stupid all you want, but that does not make you right. As many think your way of thinking is stupid as well.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
McCarthy has an identical resume.

Yeah I really don't get the infactuation with that move. Very similar coaching careers. Maybe Payton is a better coach, but the numbers sure don't prove it to sell me on that idea.

If McCarthy was going to be replaced I much rather someone new either from college or an upcoming assistant not named Kellen.

Blackrain

Reaction score
You have no idea what our defense will be.
You have no idea what Tom Brady will be.
You have no idea what Zeke will be.
You have no idea if home field will matter at all.
You have no idea if our kicker will suck or not.
You have no idea what Turpin will be.

All you have is "hope" of these things.

Until I see different I have no reason to believe Brady won't lead his team to a 7-0 record against the Cowboys.
You have no idea what Brady will do this year with this team his past record means nothing different time and a different team