News: Sean Payton picks Cowboys to beat Buccaneers

Blackrain

Reaction score
I don't.

All I have to go on is history and history says 6-0.
I don't.

All I have to go on is history and history says 6-0.

First off your history is mostly irrelevant secondly I thought you were using reason and logic to make your predictions

History huh explain to me with some reason and logic how a win in 2003 against a team quarterbacked by Quincy Carter and coach by Bill parcells has anything to do with what's going to happen on Sunday.

Further explain the same for a win in 2007 against Romo and Wade Phillips or 2011 against Romo and Garrett

How about how a win over Brandon weeden and Garrett in 2015 has any effect on what is going to happen on Sunday.

At least many of our current players were playing in 2019 so that's a little more relevant but we were still coached by Garrett

Last year is really your only relevant game because the majority of the players and coaching staff from last year will be playing and coaching Sunday and yes he squeaked by and beat us last year.

So much for your irrelevant logic and reason I gave you real logical reasons why we have a very good chance of winning educate yourself on the matchups before you spew irrelevant statistics that have no bearing on what's going to happen Sunday

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
First off your history is mostly irrelevant secondly I thought you were using reason and logic to make your predictions

History huh explain to me with some reason and logic how a win in 2003 against a team quarterbacked by Quincy Carter and coach by Bill parcells has anything to do with what's going to happen on Sunday.

Further explain the same for a win in 2007 against Romo and Wade Phillips or 2011 against Romo and Garrett

How about how a win over Brandon weeden and Garrett in 2015 has any effect on what is going to happen on Sunday.

At least many of our current players were playing in 2019 so that's a little more relevant but we were still coached by Garrett

Last year is really your only relevant game because the majority of the players and coaching staff from last year will be playing and coaching Sunday and yes he squeaked by and beat us last year.

So much for your irrelevant logic and reason I gave you real logical reasons why we have a very good chance of winning educate yourself on the matchups before you spew irrelevant statistics that have no bearing on what's going to happen Sunday
Good research!

My mind wasn't changed though.

Good luck with hoping, but I'll stick to "show me, don't tell me".

Blackrain

Reaction score
Good research!

Hey I agree with you there They got to show me too I'm not saying it's a guaranteed win by any stretch of the imagination Tom Brady is king of pulling the rabbit out of the hat in unsavory situations.

But I think in this game at this point in time in the season with a new head coach getting his legs under him we match up pretty favorably in a lot of areas and are weak in some of the same areas.

I just don't feel overmatched whatsoever with the aura of Tom Brady I feel this is a very winnable game if everybody does their job and the coaches worked on the penalty problem as was promised.

Talent wise I think we are very much on equal footing if not having a little edge but we have to have the proper discipline not to shoot ourselves in the foot because you can't make a bunch of mistakes and expect to beat Tom Brady

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sean Payton picks Cowboys to beat Buccaneers
giphy.gif

Qcard

Reaction score
Good research!

2021 Cowboys showed you 12-4 after you pick 8-9 wins....Your Eye Test is set....there nothing Dak can do change your mind:lmao2:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not surprised that's how your surmised the situation....You lack Critical Thinking Skills

Eye Test....8-9

Wanna bet?? Or it's past your thinking time?
Should I post the receipts for all to see you turning down the bet and proving that your belief is just for show?

kskboys

Reaction score
I posted in numerous threads, I feel TB will take a step back this season. They may win the NFCS by default. Also posted same, if NO can get consistent good QB play they can be right there with their very good defense. They give TB problems.

Heck, if Baker plays well, the Panthers may sneak up on them as well. Mayfield was misused in Cleveland IMO. Seemed every pass play was 20 yards downfield. Can't win consistent like that.
I considered the Panthers, and they well could be a factor also. Most people have no idea that the Panthers had the 2nd best D in the NFL last year. Their O was terrible, 30th. Just a decent step up at QB and they are a contender. And it won't be hard, as both Darnold and Newton were beyond horrific last year.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hmm, if I were here just to argue and cast aspersions, I'd say that means you'd probably rather lose to the Bucs as well...but I don't believe that at all. Just using the opportunity to make an irrelevant point about how some posters tend to "debate" here.
I know, right?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
You don't have any reason to believe the Cowboys will win, because history and evidence shows that a Tom Brady led team has never lost to the Cowboys.

You believe it solely based on being a fan in spite of the evidence that says you should not expect it.

You're using a close loss as your crutch of hope while I use the fact that Tom Brady led teams are 6-0 against us as my reason for not expecting us to win this.

I use reason and logic while you use hope.

But as I said, go ahead and get your hopes way up.
Explain to me what history has to do with this game. Break it down for me Hotshot. Exactly how does the history of winning and losing help or hurt?

You use “reason” AND “logic” based on history of performing. In this case Brady’s long history of beating us. Ok.
We have the 2nd? 3rd? Most Super Bowls. Does that mean there’s a good chance we will win one this year?

I don’t think you use reason and logic. I think you use feelings to protect your delicate emotional state. It’s much easier for you to cope by saying we will lose and then being pleasantly surprised when we win.

A sensitive football guy. Good for you!!!

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Explain to me what history has to do with this game. Break it down for me Hotshot. Exactly how does the history of winning and losing help or hurt?

You use “reason” AND “logic” based on history of performing. In this case Brady’s long history of beating us. Ok.
We have the 2nd? 3rd? Most Super Bowls. Does that mean there’s a good chance we will win one this year?

I don’t think you use reason and logic. I think you use feelings to protect your delicate emotional state. It’s much easier for you to cope by saying we will lose and then being pleasantly surprised when we win.

A sensitive football guy. Good for you!!!
Explain to me what "hope" has to do with it?

You're predicting a win based on "hope". I mean, come on. I hope you don't bet on game based on "hope".

When you study anything you look at how it has been in the past. The past is used as a biases for how something could be in the future.

Scientist don't operate on "hope" when they're trying to do something. They operate of study, research, and past results to form the basis for how they will proceed.

If you was doing a project and something happened 7 out of 7 times you'd expect different results on the 8th time without a shred of evidence that says you should? Really?......I mean.... really?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Explain to me what "hope" has to do with it?

You're predicting a win based on "hope". I mean, come on. I hope you don't bet on game based on "hope".

When you study anything you look at how it has been in the past. The past is used as a biases for how something could be in the future.

Scientist don't operate on "hope" when they're trying to do something. They operate of study, research, and past results to form the basis for how they will proceed.

If you was doing a project and something happened 7 out of 7 times you'd expect different results on the 8th time without a shred of evidence that says you should? Really?......I mean.... really?
You didn’t answer my question. You made a stupid assertion and I pointed it out.

Let’s Try again:

How does sports history factor in to your logic and reasoning approach?