Sean Payton says he might coach again

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
And that’s what people don’t get. He took less talent and turned it into more.

while McCarthy and garret took talent and wasted it.

Again I like Payton but man how history get revised on this forum...you feel like Payton had less talent on the field this year than MM had on the field last year? Good luck making that stick.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I’ve never a Sean Payton coached team look like crap like we didn’t on several occasions.

They were competitive and were one quarter away from the playoffs with Winston, Hill, Book and Siemian as their QBs

You didn't watch the Saints teams from 2013 to 2016. It's what nearly got Payton fired, but they had more loyalty and Rodgers burned his bridge with McCarthy and McCarthy got run out of town.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
With the story of him thinking he was being hired by the packers but then they go with mccarthy. He said he threw the phone in the pillow hearing the news.

after that statement. Internally he’d love to take over for mccarthy. Stealing his job with the packers. This is redemption lol

CWR

Reaction score
If McCarthy goes, I go with him.

Anybody who has a problem with that and wants to knuckle up, we'll be on Greenfield Avenue Pittsburgh, Pa 15217.

All I ask is we take breaks when Mike gets side cramps.

Hell yeah. Samesies

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
It won't happen until Jerry drops dead. There's no way in hell he will EVER relinquish control to a HC, no matter how big the name

This is the reason why I asked whether or not Sean Payton would want to come back and work for Jerry. Jerry would have to put something down in writing that he wouldn't meddle too much in what Payton wants to do.

visionary

Reaction score

Anybody who has a problem with that and wants to knuckle up, we'll be on Greenfield Avenue Pittsburgh, Pa 15217.

Don’t give us any more incentive to want McCarthy gone

tunahelper

Reaction score

No cramping for Big Mike he gets daily massages.

visionary

Reaction score
If Jerry does not get Payton to the Cowboys this off season I will lose faith in his considerable GM skills

:omg::grin:

Mark

Reaction score
All involved (JJ & SP) are using measured "weasel words." Payton could be our head coach in 30 days, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
MM was 6-10 and on the cusps of the playoffs with Dalton, The nooch, and Rush and Gilbert....and then went to 12-5..again make the diference make sense.

Show me exactly what you see that makes one worth draft capitol and the other not a good coach...

I’m not crazy about retreads (MM and SP), go find a young coach (they can’t because they are football dumb).

having said that Sean Payton is Mike McCarthy with a better PR team.

exciter

Reaction score
So it seems like he is confirming that he's going to take at least a year off and leave himself open to coaching again in the future. Whether that will be for the Cowboys, I guess depends on how far McCarthy can take the team next season.

Lol! Yeah if broadcasting doesn’t work out he’ll return to his position with the Saints!

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Guys if it’s a 3… they need to make it happen why keep MM as a lame duck coach.

Sean went to NO when no one wanted to go there for Katrina and brought that city together, I can see the owner saying I might as well get what I can and send him home to Dallas.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I bet JJ has talked to him already.. MM will have one more year. He helped get 12 wins this year. Does MM take playcalling over this year. Will JJ allow it..

Cowboys22

Reaction score
One totally lost it while having Rodgers in his prime. The other lost his franchise QB, his replacement, and a bunch of other players while staring at being over the cap by $74 million. Payton will be in contention every year with a franchise QB and serviceable defense. Not sure McCarthy could do the same. The question is does Dak qualify?

Sydla

Reaction score
So this is how it plays out. MM saves his job. No SB next year he gets canned for Peyton.