Sean Payton says he might coach again

lk8701

Reaction score
I’ve never a Sean Payton coached team look like crap like we didn’t on several occasions.

They were competitive and were one quarter away from the playoffs with Winston, Hill, Book and Siemian as their QBs

Payton also helped Quincy Carter go 10 -6 and make the playoffs.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Payton would have any organization begging to coach them. Why would he want to come to Dallas and deal with Jerry and his idiot spawn?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
2 STAY HOME. He lives here. The roster is loaded and we are on the up swing. Just a handful of players away.

Dunno man, he can always stay in Dallas and coach another team. Staying home is a rather flimsy reason to deal with the hillbilly.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
So it seems like he is confirming that he's going to take at least a year off and leave himself open to coaching again in the future. Whether that will be for the Cowboys, I guess depends on how far McCarthy can take the team next season.

This path has always seemed inevitable... Parcells didn't let him utilize his talent...

May be this coming year...

Rayman70

Reaction score
get back in that box , you killin' me
giphy.gif

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
I’d be down with Dennis Allen being our DC. Although he could be in the mix for the HC job in New Orleans. He filled in well this year.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
Why is Payton stepping down ? Is he burned out or the fact the Saints have no QB , they are 60 mill over the cap and rebuilding. Almost sounds like he's running away from a bad situation.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Here's something that crossed my mind guys. Lets say we land Sean this year. Does his being here lure Drew Brees from retirement to play like 2 more years? I say that because ..Drew can either be a QB coach or a starter..If Sean looks at this team, he may think its very very close. He may pick up the phone and call Drew. Is Drew Happy in the studio? Does he miss playing? These are all legit questions. Drew as a Dallas Cowboy...hmmm...
I like that

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The play here is obvious and I called it last week. Payton resigns and works TV for a year. Then he's free of the Saints, refreshed, and can come salvage what's left of Dak's career. A better plan would be to compensate the Saints and get him this year, but Jerry rarely ever does the smart thing.

plymkr

Reaction score
MM was 6-10 and on the cusps of the playoffs with Dalton, The nooch, and Rush and Gilbert....and then went to 12-5..again make the diference make sense.

Show me exactly what you see that makes one worth draft capitol and the other not a good coach...
One thing that sticks out to me is Dak regressed this year. QBs under Peyton always seemed to play well be and well prepared. I would be excited for Peyton to come here so he could get the most out of Dak. If Dak doesn't thrive under Peyton then Dak is a lost cause.

Carson

Reaction score
The play here is obvious and I called it last week. Payton resigns and works TV for a year. Then he's free of the Saints, refreshed, and can come salvage what's left of Dak's career. A better plan would be to compensate the Saints and get him this year, but Jerry rarely ever does the smart thing.
That sounds good and is likely logical.

But it’s just ludicrous to wait a year to get your coach if the compensation is just a 3rd or something feasible

You’re wasting another year of Smith, Martin, Micah, Diggs etc

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
The fact the article came out that compensation was agreed to but was blocked due to the AD trade... there is a lotttttt of smoke here and I'm all for having him on board.

Haimerej

Reaction score
The Saints are Sean Peyton away from being the Lions, Browns, or any other POS organization. The Packers on the other hand are considered one of the best organizations in the NFL with a long history of success.

The Packers are a better situation.

The Packers were a joke before Favre. Once Rodgers leaves they'll be just like everyone else without a QB.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score

1) he’s still under contract after next year 2) Jerry can’t make Sean Payton wanna coach this year. I’m sure he’s tried and Payton wants the year off.