Twitter: Sean Payton's comments on the Cowboys

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Sean is a good coach. I have watched several of their games over the years and he makes his share of "what the crap was that" calls for sure, but he is always pushing the boundaries, which I like. I am interested to see how he manages this time without Brees, I think this is the longest stretch of no Brees since he became HC of the Saints. Coaching is much easier when you have a HOF caliber QB. So we will find out for sure. I think we smoke them Sunday night but not because of SP, I just think this D is ready to make a statement and they will.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
The Dolphins had something figured out in the first half.

I don't think that was the case. We had some drops, we had some penalties that hurt and we had a QB that was being "greedy" in his own words. They settled down in the 2nd half and executed and blew them out. The 1st half was more about what we did wrong over what they did right.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sean Payton was generous, as expected, with his summations. Of course, after throwing so many bouquets in the direction of the Cowboys, he'll do his utmost to make them look as inept as humanly possible Sunday night. It's all part of the routine to puff up the opposition before a big game. Let's hope our players know better than to "eat the cheese" and make sure to put forth their best efforts on both sides of the ball. The easy games are over for a very long time now. What this team does for the next 14 games will, undoubtedly, decide their fate for the rest of the season and beyond it.

joseephuss

Reaction score
It would have been nice if Dallas had been able to transition from Parcells to Payton. Unfortunately that was never a realistic option. For it to happen, Dallas would have needed to promise the head coaching job to Payton while Parcells was still in Dallas. Or outright fire Parcells prior to the 2006 season. Even if they did offer the Payton of head coach-in-waiting, there is a possibility he wouldn't take it. The Saints were giving him his first head coaching opportunity in 2006. Is it worth the risk of waiting for Parcells(or any head coach) to retire before you can get your job? Anything can happen during a waiting period. There are no guarantees. Payton made the right choice of taking the job in front of him instead of waiting. And at that time, there was no push for Sean Payton to be the next Dallas head coach. It wasn't until he showed success that people really started jumping on his band wagon. By going to the Saint he also didn't have to follow a Hall of Fame coach. Less pressure. We all know Wade Phillips was a horrible, horrible choice as head coach, but there was little to no opportunity to hire Sean Payton for the position in 2007. He is a very good coach. Not perfect, but he is good.

Londonboy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

DandyDon52

Reaction score
All those years we wasted with Linehan is more painful.
It was just 5 years, and he was restricted by JG and Jones boys.
2 div champs,2 playoff years, and a winning record each year except one without romo.
Dallas was 8-8 3 years before linehan got here and linehan improved the offense.
He just went stale and I think due to JG got stuck in a rut and offense was predictable.

Kellen has not had to deal with JG interference, and has got rid of the predictability, and dak has improved in several ways.

Payton is a good coach , but not as great as some make him out to be . He tends to pass too much .