Twitter: Sean Payton's comments on the Cowboys

Londonboy

Reaction score
*I seem to recall he kinda' choked out in the closing minutes of our matchup with them last year,called a time out when he shouldn't have,didn't call one when he should have, challenged some play he had all of about 1% chance of it going his way,,, it was something that proved beneficial to our "awarded" victory,,,I can't remember exactly what it was,but it was commented on several times in the game thread.
This description, wow, it's like I'm there, living it in real time

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Crack kills!:muttley:
Hey, maybe you ought'a lighten up,Brougham ,as the BIG-G is RETIRED ya know?

* My buddy& me, laid about 5,000 sq.ft. of that laminate 'pergo' flooring in an old ranch house for a female helicopter pilot/ law enforcement officer several years back,,,& she was pretty adamant about when the day she turned 65 & was drawing her full retirement/ cash flow rolling in/she was gonna' start smoking opium/ growing that strain of the poppy flower,,,(back when I was a service tech averaging 250 miles a day going to customers homes? I recall seeing a double fistful of gas customers growing a line of a dozen or two flowers along a fence out back,,, it thrives quite well in my A.O.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bulletin board stuff is when someone says something BAD, Payton said nothing but good stuff. Just how would that put a fire in the Cowboys? Besides a player didn't say this the coach said it.
"Their coach" = Sean Payton
"Player" = New Orleans Saint

I was joking about one of the New Orleans Saints players using the praise his head coach was heaping on Dallas as motivation or bulletin board material--with the motivation being they get stoked for the game and play better than how Payton described Dallas. The joke was not about how anyone on the Cowboys would interpret Payton's message.

TWOK11

Reaction score
So, given the opportunity, you'd prefer to have had Garrett the last 10 years and not Sean Payton? Gotcha

Payton has coached a transcendent, all-time top 5 QB for nearly 15 years and only made it to one Super Bowl. He’s actually missed the playoffs entirely SIX TIMES with Drew Brees.

That’s really not that impressive

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Payton has coached a transcendent, all-time top 5 QB for nearly 15 years and only made it to one Super Bowl. He’s actually missed the playoffs entirely SIX TIMES with Drew Brees.

That’s really not that impressive
Good point!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
"Their coach" = Sean Payton
"Player" = New Orleans Saint

I was joking about one of the New Orleans Saints players using the praise his head coach was heaping on Dallas as motivation or bulletin board material--with the motivation being they get stoked for the game and play better than how Payton described Dallas. The joke was not about how anyone on the Cowboys would interpret Payton's message.

Hey I see the light now....

exciter

Reaction score
Being pass happy as the NY Giants OC was sacrilege and he got demoted and then was gone. Fans in Dallas didn't know a lot about him and his claim to fame was getting Romo because of their college connection.

I think he is overrated and he's the reason they lost that playoff game, not the no call. However, I do give him credit for going after Brees after he had that shoulder surgery on his throwing shoulder and most felt he was done. 6' QB that has to stand on his tiptoes to see the receiver down the field but has uncanny accuracy and delivery.
He picked up Brees after he lost the D Cullpeper sweepstakes with Miami and couldn't work out the trade for Romo!