Seattle - Dallas game. Loser is out?

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
From the last drive through the rest of the game Oakland did outplay the Cowboys. Carr runs out of bounds (like he should have) the Cowboys lose that game.

If #87 just continues on his comeback... He inadvertently takes Heath out of the play all together....... Or simply just stops in his way or throws a block at Heath

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Does anybody know why Detroit gets the tiebreaker over us? I am guessing common opponents.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
So best bet is :
Atlanta loses twice to the saints and panthers.

(And obviously Detroit slipping once)

Only thing is. It seems like Carolina can be locked into the 5 seed by week 17 and may rest players vs Atlanta

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I don't like our chances against Russell Wilson I mean hope for the best but if we lose we're out. If we lose to I think Garrett on the hot seat especially with Jerry's complaint about the field gold last week.

conner01

Reaction score
That's a safe bet. According to Jerry, it's the farthest thing from his mind.
Didn’t he just extend one or two
Seems like it has been recent
I just think Jerry is gonna look at last year with a rookie an and offense was very good, we’ve added some talent to the defense and they seem to be coming around
I think Jerry is gonna look at the zeke deal and blame this year on that
Not to mention more than half of last years playoff teams aren’t going back
Seems like repeating is getting harder for good teams but obviously not great teams
If we lost out that could change but if we ended up 9-7 of better I think he’s standing pat

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So best bet is :
Atlanta loses twice to the saints and panthers.

(And obviously Detroit slipping once)

Only thing is. It seems like Carolina can be locked into the 5 seed by week 17 and may rest players vs Atlanta

Carolina cannot be locked in. If they win this week, they still have a shot at the division. If they lose, then it is okay if they lose to Atlanta as we'll be ahead of them.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Didn’t he just extend one or two
Seems like it has been recent
I just think Jerry is gonna look at last year with a rookie an and offense was very good, we’ve added some talent to the defense and they seem to be coming around
I think Jerry is gonna look at the zeke deal and blame this year on that
Not to mention more than half of last years playoff teams aren’t going back
Seems like repeating is getting harder for good teams but obviously not great teams
If we lost out that could change but if we ended up 9-7 of better I think he’s standing pat

Garrett got a renewed 5-year contract in 2015. All three of the Cowboys' coordinators (Marinelli, Linehan and Rich Bisaccia) got their contracts extended in 2017. On top of that, Jerry vehemently stated recently that he's totally satisfied with his staff. Jerry may well be inclined to use Zeke Elliott's suspension as his idea of a justifiable cause to retain them, come what may. Whether he stands by that claim or not is something that remains to be seen. It also remains to be seen if he retains all of his assistants. I'm not counting on many significant changes in the offseason.

Last edited:

dallasdave

Reaction score
Garrett got a renewed 5-year contract in 2015. All three of the Cowboys' coordinators (Marinelli, Linehan and Rich Bisaccia) got their contracts extended in 2017. On top of that, Jerry vehemently stated recently that he's totally satisfied with his staff. Jerry may well be inclined to use Zeke Elliott's suspension as his idea of a justifiable cause to retain them, come what may. Whether he stands by that claim or not is something that remains to be seen. It also remains to be seen if he retains all of his assistants. I'm not counting on many significant changes in the offseason.
And that's a bad thing.:(

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
Not meaning to drain on everyone's parade, but we are out now. Maybe not mathematically. But to be sure, Dallas did not beat the Raiders as much as the Raiders beat themselves. JMO.

Ok, so if it turns out we are out can we expect not hear from you again, since you have already given up?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Ok, so if it turns out we are out can we expect not hear from you again, since you have already given up?

No, you may not assume that. But you can answer this.

Why is it, when someone points out the team is what they are, which is a little over .500 and only beaten one team with a winning record, which equates to the position they find themselves where they need other teams to lose and other teams to win, yet they cannot win out and get in the tourney without these other events happening, then after expressing doubt someone feels the need to pop off by asking a ridiculously obtuse question like the one you did?

If you don't agree, then just say so. You don't have the franchise on being a fan, nor does suggesting things are dire is not an admission of not being a fan.

I base that opinion on seeing this offense stall. I base that on watching Oakland losing because of a mental error by the quarterback, who should have gone out of bounds after the first down. Thus insuring the lose and this discussion would not be taking place. I'm watching a team with injuries to the play makers, Lee, Smith, Irving, Hitchens, and the lack of speed by Dez, and Witten, while the rest of the WRs either can't get open or cannot consistently catch the ball. Now marry in the fact this is still a rookie defensive backfield. We saw the indestructible Oakland Raiders moved down the field within the last two minutes revealing this backfield is good, but not there as yet.

And on the horizon is the Seahawks and Eagles.

I want them to win, but I am skeptical. I could be wrong, and as I am certain many here will tell you wrong a lot at times. But if that got your pantaloons in a bunch, my apologies.