Second biggest steal of the draft is Anthony Brown

fortdick

Reaction score
I am really liking what I see from Anthony Brown so far. For a sixth round pick, he is playing like a vet. He could actually enable the Cowboys to let Claiborne walk next year if he continues to improve.

While I like the way Mo is playing, he is not the first player that has stepped up during his contract year. I just can't help thinking that once he gets paid, he will revert.

Brown seems to be giving some options.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Yeah Brown looks really good. Even when Shepherd caught that TD pass on him week 1, Brown dos a pretty good job in coverage.

He has a good combination of physical traits and it looks like he can actually play ball.

T-RO

Reaction score
I am really liking what I see from Anthony Brown so far. For a sixth round pick, he is playing like a vet. He could actually enable the Cowboys to let Claiborne walk next year if he continues to improve.

While I like the way Mo is playing, he is not the first player that has stepped up during his contract year. I just can't help thinking that once he gets paid, he will revert.

Agree w/you on Brown...bravo!.......and unfortunately also agree on Mo. He's pretty much sucked until the year he's up for a contract.

waldoputty

Reaction score

Hopefully we have the following steals:
1. Dak - franchise QB in 4th
2. Jaylon - gamechanging MLB in 2nd
3. Brown - starting CB in 6th
4. Jackson - backup RB with ability to start in 6th
5. Gathers - starting TE who can catch and block in 6th

We can dream :thumbup:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hopefully we have the following steals:
1. Dak - franchise QB in 4th
2. Jaylon - gamechanging MLB in 2nd
3. Brown - starting CB in 6th
4. Jackson - backup RB with ability to start in 6th
5. Gathers - starting TE who can catch and block in 6th

We can dream :thumbup:
Yes, you do that. Dream.

I just hope the front office isn't doing the same.

On paper, it looks to be a successful draft. Nearly everyone made the team in some way, either on the active or practice squads.

Prescott is killing it. Steal.

How is Jaylon Smith anything?

Brown? Looking okay as a nickel CB fill in.

Jackson? Not being given much of a chance.

Gathers? C'mon.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
It depends on what he demands salary wise. If he wants top 10 CB money, let him walk. If he will take a 3-5 year deal that reflects his entire body of work and protects the team from him reverting to his old self, then I'd love to have him back. Not a lot of chance in that I would think at this point.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Why would we spend a 1st round pick on a guy, develop him then just let him walk?

Claiborne remains a Cowboy..

I agree in theory. However, will Claiborne just get the money and start having injuries again? I wanted him to show more before the contract year.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
It depends on what he demands salary wise. If he wants top 10 CB money, let him walk. If he will take a 3-5 year deal that reflects his entire body of work and protects the team from him reverting to his old self, then I'd love to have him back. Not a lot of chance in that I would think at this point.

I couldn't agree more. thanks for posting!