Secondary Options (?) PART 1 OF 5

Angus

Reaction score
Vintage said:
What makes you think Beriault is a better fit at FS than Keith Davis?

Just a hunch from watching him perform in pre-season games last year and some obscure hints from Parcells. I was furious with Davis when he (for the best of intentions) let himself get in a situation to get shot and kicked off the team a couple of years ago, but I was happy for him when he got back on it. However, he has trouble being in position playing free safety, it seems, something Beriault seems good at. Both have the makings of good strong safeties because both deliver strong hits, but Beriault seems able to make a smoother transition to free safety. Davis' experience is a plus in his corner, but Beriault has had a year to absorb sideline and filmwork study. Though it is not as beneficial as on-the-field experience it could nevertheless be very helpful to him in closing the gap. But one thing that caught my ear was the fact that in every discussion of free safety challenges that I heard, Parcells would say, "Don't forget Beriault." I think he kept him after his injury last year (something that is unusual for Parcells' rookies hurt in pre-season) with free safety in mind for this year.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Angus said:
Just a hunch from watching him perform in pre-season games last year and some obscure hints from Parcells. I was furious with Davis when he (for the best of intentions) let himself get in a situation to get shot and kicked off the team a couple of years ago, but I was happy for him when he got back on it. However, he has trouble being in position playing free safety, it seems, something Beriault seems good at. Both have the makings of good strong safeties because both deliver strong hits, but Beriault seems able to make a smoother transition to free safety. Davis' experience is a plus in his corner, but Beriault has had a year to absorb sideline and filmwork study. Though it is not as beneficial as on-the-field experience it could nevertheless be very helpful to him in closing the gap. But one thing that caught my ear was the fact that in every discussion of free safety challenges that I heard, Parcells would say, "Don't forget Beriault." I think he kept him after his injury last year (something that is unusual for Parcells' rookies hurt in pre-season) with free safety in mind for this year.

Somewhat of a interesting point.:starspin

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Vintage said:
What makes you think Beriault is a better fit at FS than Keith Davis?

We should see this season who is better Keith, Justin, Patrick, Jacques, Marcus, Darnell, or Willie.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
We brought back that kid who was a good kick returner twice- woody dantlzler- but the second time he couldn't stick.

Dantzler was one of our best kick returners. How about jason tucker.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
Dantzler was one of our best kick returners.

No, he wasn't.

He made one stellar return and that is all people remember. His entire NFL career was built off that one play.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Alexander said:
No, he wasn't.

He made one stellar return and that is all people remember. His entire NFL career was built off that one play.

But it was a pretty darn good play.

:)

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Vintage said:
But it was a pretty darn good play.

:)

And sadly, one of the few in the entire Campo era.

That's really pathetic.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Williams is a pet. Just like Dantzler was. Just like Keylon Kincaide. And countless others.

Unless injuries strike, Lenny Williams will be a trivia answer in a year.

Every team has those players that aren't terrible, but for some reason can never break in.

Hmmmmm. Interesting.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I think that Marcus Coleman will play FS and CB but Cowboys will place him at Conerback making room for another safety.:starspin

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
People I was wondering if and how can we keep::

Pat Watkins
Marcus Coleman
Justin Briault
Keith Davis
Roy Williams
Jacquees Reeves
Lenny Williams
Terrance Newman
Aaron Glenn
Anthony Henry
Bryon Parker

and I came up with this: Predictions

Conerbacks:::starspin
Terrance Newman - Starter
Anthony Henry- Starter
Aaron Glenn- Nickel Starter/Back-up
Marcus Coleman- Dime Starter/Nickel Safety/Back-up
Jacquees Reeves- Back-up

Safeties:::starspin
Pat Watkins-Backup/ Nickel Starter
Roy Williams- Starter
Keith Davis-Starter
Justin Briault-Back-up

Make yall predictions

Out of this whole list who do yall think is our best conerback and safety?

and

Who is our overall best defensiveback?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
People I was wondering if and how can we keep::

Pat Watkins
Marcus Coleman
Justin Briault
Keith Davis
Roy Williams