Self-imposed deadline for a deal

plymkr

Reaction score
I on the other hand am rooting for Jethro to made a fool of . It’s always conflicting for me. I want the Cowboys to have success but if they can’t then as much embarrassment as possible for our dysfunctional ownership.
Lol, I as well want Jerry to look as bad as possible. Anything to hurt his ego and to humble him.

Sadly I feel the only people that really will get hurt is the fans. Those guys will still get to be pro athletes or billionaire owners and the fans just get angrier and angrier with each passing season.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got a reference for that? I've looked around, but journalists neither ask nor answer such obvious questions precisely.

But what you're saying is close to my assumption. I assume they can only trade him once he's signed his tender. Obviously, if he's cooperating, and wants a deal to go through, he signs the tender as part of any trade to make it happen.

But I also assume that once he signs, his cooperation is no longer required.
I think his agent would make that a condition of signing the tag or would not have him sign it until the trade was a fait accompli.

Would a team trade for Prescott without first selling him on the idea?

If they're tagging him in order to buy time to try and get the deal done, that's ridiculous. France has established what it will take to get the deal done and either they meet that or he plays on the tag and then walks.

Here's the kicker in this. What if he plays on the tag and plays lights out? Now, where are they? Going to try and tag him again? That would be 54.29M because a 3rd tag is 144% of the previous salary.

I think tagging him is the mistake. Continue to try and get a long term deal done if they're hot for that but don't let the tag be a part of it and as I suggested in my first post, set the hard deadline at 1 week prior to the draft. No deal done, his time in Dallas is over and his successor is in this draft.

All comes down to do you believe he's the difference maker in a good playoff season, reaching the NFCCG, or isn't he? I do not believe with Prescott, their window is open so might as well make the move now and try and get a contender D going.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think his agent would make that a condition of signing the tag or would not have him sign it until the trade was a fait accompli.

Would a team trade for Prescott without first selling him on the idea?

If they're tagging him in order to buy time to try and get the deal done, that's ridiculous. France has established what it will take to get the deal done and either they meet that or he plays on the tag and then walks.

Here's the kicker in this. What if he plays on the tag and plays lights out? Now, where are they? Going to try and tag him again? That would be 54.29M because a 3rd tag is 144% of the previous salary.

I think tagging him is the mistake. Continue to try and get a long term deal done if they're hot for that but don't let the tag be a part of it and as I suggested in my first post, set the hard deadline at 1 week prior to the draft. No deal done, his time in Dallas is over and his successor is in this draft.

All comes down to do you believe he's the difference maker in a good playoff season, reaching the NFCCG, or isn't he? I do not believe with Prescott, their window is open so might as well make the move now and try and get a contender D going.
But the key is what does our ownership think. Do they believe we can have a good playoff season with Dak.