Senior Bowl Chatter....

texbumthelife

Reaction score

I love how natural he looks plucking the ball out of the air. There is no fight there at all. Remarkable for a guy who only has one season of wide receiver experience. That tells me he's both a natural and a hard worker. Sign me up. I think I'd even take him in the second round now.

Plankton

Reaction score
With the defensive problems they have, no chance in hell they take Elliott at 10.

Hard to say that now before free agency begins. The Giants will be somewhere around 50-60 million under the cap. Depending on what they accomplish there, Elliott could be in play.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
MOBILE, Alabama -- No matter the drill the South Team's defensive line dominated during Senior Bowl practice Wednesday. And Louisville defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins, Clemson defensive tackle D.J. Reader and Eastern Kentucky defensive end Noah Spence were the main disruptors.

Rankins (6-foot-2, 305 pounds) was nearly unblockable during one-on-one drills due to his quickness off the whistle and powerful arms to drive blockers backward. He used a variety of hand moves to swat jabs and swim past the blocker's shoulder. Rankins also impressed during 11-on-11 reps due to his ball awareness, and his ability to read, detach himself from the block and make plays in the backfield. He entered this week with first-round grades and he is only helping himself here.

An impressive mover for his size, Reader (6-3, 340) looked balanced and carried his weight well during drills. He showed the lower-body flexibility to play low and win the leverage battle as he shot upfield and Kansas State guard Cody Whitehair (6-4, 300), who is the top offensive line prospect in Mobile, was the only South lineman who had much success against Reader. Reader missed the first half of the season due to some “personal issues” and NFL teams will be doing a lot of homework on the reasons he felt like he needed to be away from Clemson.

And the player who had arguably the best day overall was Spence (6-3, 254). None of the offensive tackles had an answer for his edge quickness. He was sudden off the snap with the get-off speed to breeze past blockers, winning the corner and flattening to the pocket. Even Le'Raven Clark, who boasts massive arms (36 1/4 inches) and wingspan (86) and has done a nice job this week, couldn't hang with Spence's quickness around the edge. The former Ohio State and Eastern Kentucky pass rusher entered the week as the top prospect overall on my top-50 draft board and he has lived up to that high-billing.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...nsive-line-dominates-south-wednesday-practice

Reminds me of Warren Sapp.....Exactly what we need. He's gone by our 2nd and I'm not spending #4 to get him. In typical Cowboy fashion...We're screwed.:banghead:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So Wentz in the first and Miller in the second? Then grab Killebrew if he falls to third.

I wouldn't hate it.

Just bring Lamar Miller in so we can start a legitimate running back, and then blow the rest of the cap room on defense.

It'd be cool if we could trade down in 2nd for an extra third.
On Killebrew:

Two players who have not done well in the team interviews are Eastern Kentucky's Noah Spence and Southern Utah's Miles Killebrew. Spence had off-the-field issues at Ohio State and Eastern Kentucky with a year long suspension, transfer, and arrest for public intoxication. Teams weren't impressed with how Spence answered their questions. They also said that Killebrew did not come off well in the interviews. Both players will need to get better in a hurry with the Combine and pre-draft visits just weeks away.
Read more at http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/seniorbowl2016rumors4.php#9WFozx1x9BJKrea1.99

Again, walterfootball, but still.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I tell you what, with the routes he's running and the hands he is showing, he may very well be a top-3 wide receiver and that's shocks me to say.

Agree....didn't see this coming. Take back everything I said him not getting drafted. Didn't think he makes the transition to WR....rarely does that work. Can totally see him in a Patriot uniform.....2nd round.:cool:

Plankton

Reaction score

It's very impressive that Miller created that kind of separation without initiating contact - it was all with his shoulder movement. That's big time skill. That shoulder injury a season ago may have been the best thing that ever happened to his NFL prospects.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The reason I always thought Braxton would be able to make the move to WR is that he is an elite level athlete. He could probably move to CB and be pretty good. He's special with the ball in his hand so he belongs on offense.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I would not be surprised at all if the Giants took him at 10.

Agree.....I don't see how they pass him. Think the Giants are kicking themselves for passing on Gurley now? You bet they are....

Last edited:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
YOU ASKED FOR A PLAYMAKER, I GIVE YOU A PLAYMAKER................THIS IS GOING TO BE EPIC!!!!:lmao2:

johnny-manziel-dez-bryant-pool.jpg

I just threw up.....

AzorAhai

Reaction score
It's very impressive that Miller created that kind of separation without initiating contact - it was all with his shoulder movement. That's big time skill. That shoulder injury a season ago may have been the best thing that ever happened to his NFL prospects.

He's been putting on a display with his short area quickness and acceleration all week. For a guy who just made the switch to WR and still not polished as a route runner, the ceiling on him is enormous.