Senior Bowl Chatter....

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I thought Wentz looked phenomenal. Made big boy tight stick throws, moved around well, commanded the huddle.

He's ready to win a series of Super Bowls. It's just a question of in which uniform.

Too funny.

Here's my breakdown.......

Reminds me of Matt Ryan a lot. Don't know if that is a good thing or bad. But he's got quite a bit of
work to do. His foot work is lazy. Infact if you caught the end of the game...he even admitted he's got some work to do there to get better. so @ least he knows ...which IMO is a big step.
2 plays really stood out for me....the first one was when Spence forced him up into the pocket and he threw an out route to the right. It was a timing pattern....and he was late. and I thought he got a little bit rattled.

And that really scares me. If a guy can get rattled that easily on a 4 man rush...WTH is he gonna do vs a blitz? That really threw up a red flag for me.

The 2nd play was the incomplete pass to WR Chris Moore on 3rd down on their 2nd possession. He says his idiol is Brett Farve. Well on that throw it was Farvish trying to throw it w/ all arm. I don't care what Mayock said..."It was an incomplete pass...but a big arm throw". That was a duck that he staired down the WR that would have been picked in the NFL.:( Carson Wentz isn't Brett Farve. And if he thinks he's gonna get away w/ chucking a side arm slider on game day....boy that kid is in for a shock.

Now I'm not saying there isn't something there to work with....because there is some upside there.

I'm just worried the ceiling isn't as high as you would expect it to be. I'm having a hard time qualifying burning a top 5 pick on a guy that could end up being Andy Dalton or Matt Ryan.:cool:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Spence was dominant. If he can convince teams that the Ecstasy was just a youthful phase, he is a stud pass rusher and will go very early.

Matakevich started out good, but then looked worse as the game progressed. He started missing tackles and the more he was sent in there as the MLB in nickel situations, the more athletically limited he looked. To me, he looks like one of those dominant college MLBers who end up not being able to cut it in the NFL. He is too smart and intense to flop as a ST player though. That looks to be his future as a professional.

This kid reminds me of Zach Thomas. I'd like to see him lose about 5-7 lbs and get quicker. I think that could be a huge difference in his game. I see him going in the 5th round. but I think he could be a guy that has a pretty long career if he finds the right system.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This kid reminds me of Zach Thomas. I'd like to see him lose about 5-7 lbs and get quicker. I think that could be a huge difference in his game. I see him going in the 5th round. but I think he could be a guy that has a pretty long career if he finds the right system.

In a best scenario. He is smart. But, sadly, ginger.