***Senior Bowl Game thread***

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
JPM said:
Hopefully he'll get the chance at the combine.

Could be. Though my personal preference if we go OLB at 18 would be to draft a guy that has played the position of OLB a couple of years at the collegiate level.. My first choice really would be the guy in your avatar. I'll be curious to see how Carpenter looks next month at the combine or the OSU pro-day.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Hali is strong, but that seemed like a weak sack
He didn't even grab him and drag him down. It was kind of a fly by slap sack.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
JPM said:
Gilles is a freaking beast.

as a UGA guy who sees him alot, he's a good player but definitely one thats a threat to eat himself out of the league...

he's one of the players I wouldnt touch in the first two rounds

David

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
as a UGA guy who sees him alot, he's a good player but definitely one thats a threat to eat himself out of the league...

he's one of the players I wouldnt touch in the first two rounds

David

he's my MVP for putting Watson on his butt. Anything that keep Nors quiet for a extra few hours is good.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
he's my MVP for putting Watson on his butt. Anything that keep Nors quiet for a extra few hours is good.

from the games I watched Michigan this yr and last yr, that happened quite a bit

I know people have said he had a good week of practice in Mobile, but this guy has been extremely overrated on the field for two+ seasons now

David

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I liked:
Scott OT(hated he didnt start at LT)
Hank Baskett- real soft week of practice may move him to rd 3 but he can play ST and that could get him in at WR4 as a rook which would help us alot. Lots of upside with him.
Deangelo obviously tho he'll go long before we pick.
Griffin the UT safety-Cutler was impressive as heck til that pick.

Cutler-OK he didn't have agreat game and I wouldn't place him top 10 like Mel did but he is better than Joey friggin Harrington was when he came out. Cutler has a very solid game. He is not gonna start for someone as a rookie if they plan on winning but he has all the tools to be a good QB in this league in 3 years. Not Ben R. good but Drew Brees good. He was mobile within the pocket and had great mechanics. Tried a bit to hard int he 2nd half I thought but had a few drops by Wrs as well.

The South QBs sucked as a grp. Shockley was horrible. Robinson looked a bit better because he at least made some plays.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Jonathon Scott was the Long Snapper on that paly.

Grab him in the 2nd.
Wow. I've watched Texas play since forever and I've never seen Scott longsnap. IF he drops to us in the 2nd round, I don't see how we can pass him up!

calico

Reaction score
5mics said:
Wow. I've watched Texas play since forever and I've never seen Scott longsnap. IF he drops to us in the 2nd round, I don't see how we can pass him up!

I remember something about Scott and longsnapping, but I did not ever see him do it...we could really use him in Dallas. I think Parcells would like him, he has the work ethic and smarts that gets on Parcells' good side quickly.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
Tio said:
Griffin in the second? The guy has speed and can make plays on the ball, kinda overshadowed by Huff..

you know, I liked how this kid played all year, especially in the Rose Bowl. He played very good, but because of Huff he may be "lower" on the radar screen. I agree with what you just said. Plus doesn't Huff play the same Safety position that Roy play, while Griffin was more of the "center fielder" of the 2 Safeties?

if he is there in the 2nd, he would make a good pick IMO.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
torrescatch22 said:
you know, I liked how this kid played all year, especially in the Rose Bowl. He played very good, but because of Huff he may be "lower" on the radar screen. I agree with what you just said. Plus doesn't Huff play the same Safety position that Roy play, while Griffin was more of the "center fielder" of the 2 Safeties?

if he is there in the 2nd, he would make a good pick IMO.
Huff is gonna be a stud at FS or SS. The dude is a badass, Griffin not so sure if he can play SS fulltime, but he can be a very good FS, in the Boulware mold...

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
calico said:
I remember something about Scott and longsnapping, but I did not ever see him do it...we could really use him in Dallas. I think Parcells would like him, he has the work ethic and smarts that gets on Parcells' good side quickly.
Agreed! IF Scott is there for us in the 2nd round, we have to take him. BIG time value pick if he drops that far.....

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc said:
hey, maybe all of you folks who are on this guy's jock will see us get him after all. seeing that he's going to last until round 3 or so.

I'm not on his jock, but if he slips to the 3rd, the better for us

great value