Senior Bowl practice

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
"The Dallas Cowboys gave a lot of attention to Gabe Watson":cool:

Bobo

Reaction score
BigWillie said:
Well considering I live in Virginia and my local TV stations are based out of Tennessee, I got the chance to watch quite a few Tennessee games.

With a NT, you want a run-stopping guy who is short, compact and a bit on the heavy side. Case in point is Siragusa, Sam Adams, Grady Jackson, Gilbert Brown, etc.,

Well ok, so you saw guys like Simon, Haralson, Gaither, and Hall....all I bet get drafted. Allen was playing well too, until he got hurt. And that's just the SR's on the 2nd best run stopping D in college.

I know you generally want a shorter guy for a NT, but also a huge guy too. Now they say Jesse's 311, but he was listed at 297 by UT and he looked it to me. He looked like half the equation to me for a 34 NT, and with his quickness, he's a nice match for a 4-3 dt. Not saying he can't be a NT, but I think there's probably some better options.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BigWillie said:
Watching this on the NFL Network, they're a few people that are impressing me.

Kameron (sp) Wimbley - 'Tweener, could easily be a Parcells type LB. One of the announcers compared him to a lesser Demarcus Ware. At 6'4 240lbs. showed extreme quickness beating one tackle around the end while keeping low to the ground.

I like this guy

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Nors said:
"The Dallas Cowboys gave a lot of attention to Gabe Watson":cool:
Did you hear something or has Dallas mentioned something...More info please ( I like Gabe ALOT!!!!!!!)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Did you hear something or has Dallas mentioned something...More info please ( I like Gabe ALOT!!!!!!!)

It was either GBN or NFLDRAFTcountown that said Cowboys spent a lot of time with Gabe Watson after practice today.

All accounts so far have Watson tearing up the Senior Bowl.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Nors said:
It was either GBN or NFLDRAFTcountown that said Cowboys spent a lot of time with Gabe Watson after practice today.

All accounts so far have Watson tearing up the Senior Bowl.
I'm trying to think of how we can get Lawson and Watson.....

We would have to package Ellis or Glover, our number 2, next years 2 / 4.

I would rather find another DT like Fifta in the later rounds and get more picks to stock pile talent. But I really would like Watson and Lawson.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I'm trying to think of how we can get Lawson and Watson.....

We would have to package Ellis or Glover, our number 2, next years 2 / 4.

I would rather find another DT like Fifta in the later rounds and get more picks to stock pile talent. But I really would like Watson and Lawson.

Lawson likely will be there in 2nd.

Lets also factor John Abraham in - he's another option at OLB/DE in FA.

Hiero

Reaction score
Nors said:
Lawson likely will be there in 2nd.

Lets also factor John Abraham in - he's another option at OLB/DE in FA.
im not sure he will fall to our pick in the 2nd. and no thanks on John, we don't an overpriced FA. anyone have a serious idea what John is asking for or who his agents are? seems like he is gonig to want too much.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Bobo said:
Well ok, so you saw guys like Simon, Haralson, Gaither, and Hall....all I bet get drafted. Allen was playing well too, until he got hurt. And that's just the SR's on the 2nd best run stopping D in college.

I know you generally want a shorter guy for a NT, but also a huge guy too. Now they say Jesse's 311, but he was listed at 297 by UT and he looked it to me. He looked like half the equation to me for a 34 NT, and with his quickness, he's a nice match for a 4-3 dt. Not saying he can't be a NT, but I think there's probably some better options.

What exactly is your point listing those players?

Would you not agree that with the Rose Bowl predictions, that Tennessee severely underachieved by not even making it to a bowl game? Would you not agree that Mahelona was one of the few who played up to expectations this season?

But this isn't a thread dedicated to Tennessee, so lets stay on topic.

But if you want to make a Tennessee thread on the college board, I'm there dude. ;)

Bobo

Reaction score
Well that you were wrong in saying Mahelona was one of the only bright spots on the Vols D. It was one of the best D's in the country and had several good players. You see some of those guys on draft day this year and next.

Now you're bringing up the outcome of UT's season, and I don't know what that has to do with this thread.

Most UT fans (including me) will say Mahelona didn't live up to his Jr year. That was another reason why I questioned if you had watched any of their games this year.