Separated/Divorce

lukin2006

Reaction score
I am a 53 male with a disability and getting divorced...25 years married. Believe me I was willing to cross an ocean to make it work, in the end she wouldn't even leap over a puddle for me ... I feel like the biggest fool.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trust me. I know it sucks.

I was with the same woman for 33 years, with 32 years being married. She left me on Mother's day 2016. I was devastated, but our marriage was not as happy as I had hoped the last few years anyway. After 14 months of separation I was divorced. During the 14-month separation I held out all kinds of hope we would get back together. Most people thought we would get back together because we still joked and laughed a lot when we did talk. When the divorce was finalized I knew I had to move on. Just before the divorce I moved to a different state with a different job and kind of started over. A month later I met the woman of my dreams. We are madly in love with each other and I cannot imagine being happier. We are both in our mid-50s and secure within ourselves to not play stupid games.

I still talk to my ex-wife in friendly terms and she knows about my new woman and I think she is a bit envious I met someone, but I really have moved on and I hope the best for her but I don't lose sleep over her any more.

Everybody told me the split from my ex-wife was for the best and I didn't believe them then, but it really was for the best. It probably is the best for you too.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Ya,well it's all pretty hollow& meaningless in the end anyway, get used to being single ,in fact I kinda cringe being around my ex's& talking to them,sure,I'll fix there car or haul a refrigerator or something for them & then tell them to' leave me alone'

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am a 53 male with a disability and getting divorced...25 years married. Believe me I was willing to cross an ocean to make it work, in the end she wouldn't even leap over a puddle for me ... I feel like the biggest fool.
I'm very sorry for your situation. The first thing you have to do is really ask yourself if you were happy with her. If not, it's better this way. If you were happy, and she wasn't, then I can only wonder if you were trying to keep her happy before you knew there was a problem.

She should have expressed her displeasure, and it's not like most women I've ever known to hide their feelings.

Regardless of the underlying cause, learn from it, because if you don't, you're bound to repeat it......unless she's just a ****. Even then, learn what kind of woman you want, and what kind will be happy with you.

Finally, I suggest you try online dating. It doesn't have the stygma it once did, and you can learn a lot about each other without finding out the hard way that she isn't into face slapping foreplay......ummm, or whatever.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I'm very sorry for your situation. The first thing you have to do is really ask yourself if you were happy with her. If not, it's better this way. If you were happy, and she wasn't, then I can only wonder if you were trying to keep her happy before you knew there was a problem.

She should have expressed her displeasure, and it's not like most women I've ever known to hide their feelings.

Regardless of the underlying cause, learn from it, because if you don't, you're bound to repeat it......unless she's just a ****. Even then, learn what kind of woman you want, and what kind will be happy with you.

Finally, I suggest you try online dating. It doesn't have the stygma it once did, and you can learn a lot about each other without finding out the hard way that she isn't into face slapping foreplay......ummm, or whatever.

Half of all marriages end in divorce... The other half end in death.

Thank you ... man that gave me a great laugh.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a fool because of what you did for love. But you should ask yourself if crossing that ocean was really worth it? Doesn't sound like there was an island to meet halfway across.

The first thing I would suggest you do is take an assessment of what you're strong selling points are for you are a commodity. Don't get in the middle of what your wife didn't like about you because that's on her, not you. You have value.

I remember some posting not too long ago with you so this didn't blindside you but forgive me for making an observation as a total outsider but you seem better off for this. If making it work was all on you, it was already over and best to get that behind you. Marriage is compromise, not sacrifice. Were you really happy?

The best thing to do is to find things to occupy your time that interest you. What have you always wanted to do, if only you weren't married?

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I have never been married myself so it would be hard for me to feel what u are feeling but i would say No worries brother you have your life ahead of you just plan it differently.
Get yourself a sweet Filipina and you will feel like a king again.They are low maintenance.I know few people who did and they are having a great time.

filipino-dating-sites-cebu-women.jpg

Xelda

Reaction score
There's so much life left to live. You may be emotionally beating yourself, but the stress of holding a bad relationship together is never worth it. You probably don't see it right now, but in time you will start to feel better about yourself, your life and your freedom. There are plenty of women out there that can appreciate you. The ratio of single women compared to single men in your age group is astronomical!