Serious question for Dak haters

coult44

Reaction score
There are a lot of you. Question - Is there anything he can do to change your mind? Would a SB win do it? League MVP? NFC Championship? 40 TDs? Anything?

Is it the contract? Is it because he is not Mahomes or Wilson?

Dak haters and fans agree that Dak can be inconsistent with accuracy but I think he adds toughness, running ability and leadership.

Serious question so don’t be nasty. What, if anything, could he do to win you over?

Youn should always allow for a third group. I’m right in the middle on Dak. Because of that, I think I bring balance to both sides of your arguments.
Dak showed us all something he hasn’t showed us before. He can rally the troops for a comeback. He had zero before this. So, That’s a huge plus.

Dak has always been a project guy. The only way for him to get out of that conversation is for him to win a championship. Conference or NFL. He must do something special to prove he’s worth what they are about to give up. He hasn’t done that yet. One First round win doesn’t do that.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
seriously. NO ONE wins SB’s by themselves. What an idiotic statement.
That's my entire point. Some say Dak can't win a superbowl by himself like other greats and my point is none can. Every team sport has to have help from teammates to win a championship. Saying a player wins it by himself is foolish, idiotic and ridiculous.

plymkr

Reaction score
There are a lot of you. Question - Is there anything he can do to change your mind? Would a SB win do it? League MVP? NFC Championship? 40 TDs? Anything?

Dak haters and fans agree that Dak can be inconsistent with accuracy but I think he adds toughness, running ability and leadership.

Serious question so don’t be nasty. What, if anything, could he do to win you over?
I don't consider myself a "Dak hater". I was high on him the first 3 years. What soured me was last year against the Bears, Vikings and late season Eagles games. I felt he let didn't play well and kept us from going to the playoffs. Then in the offseason he played hardball about his contract. The Bears and Eagles games were winnable games with good offensive performances. I was angry with our FO and Dak about the contract situation. Our FO for obvious reasons and with Dak I feel a big money QB has to win games against teams like the Bears and Eagles to get into the playoffs.

So that's what soured me on him. I don't feel I hate him. But to answer your question. What is changing my mind is a game like yesterday when everything is going wrong and he out the team on his shoulders and carried them to a victory. So yesterday has started the reversing for me. Hopefully we have more if that and if so I don't care if he gets 50 million a year. That's my most honest answer to your question. But I really hope at the end of the year that I'm all in for Dak and whatever contract he gets cuz that'll mean we had a good season.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Not a great passer.
Not a great runner.
Doesn't elevate the play of those around him.

Last year I started to think maybe he has turned a corner after 3 games. But then he proved it's just our high powered offense doing what it should against bad defenses. In 4 losses last year we gave up less than 15 points, and only 20 points in the 1 loss this year.

I'd like to see him throw more TD's but I'll take him running them in as well. More TD's and less FG's.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he has this type of game against the Seahawks I'll buy a freaking Dak jersey. 450 yards 4 TD's run or pass.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Youn should always allow for a third group. I’m right in the middle on Dak. Because of that, I think I bring balance to both sides of your arguments.
Dak showed us all something he hasn’t showed us before. He can rally the troops for a comeback. He had zero before this. So, That’s a huge plus.

Dak has always been a project guy. The only way for him to get out of that conversation is for him to win a championship. Conference or NFL. He must do something special to prove he’s worth what they are about to give up. He hasn’t done that yet. One First round win doesn’t do that.

Being in the middle can be dangerous too. Like politics, you need to be on one side or another. I was told to go ahead and take the final step to Dak hate (pappy).

We used to be able to have favorite players....which means you have not-so-favorite. That seems pretty frowned upon in regards to Dak.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Serious question for the poster. Why would you expect anybody to sign up as a "Dak Hater?" Seriously?

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I suggest you go watch those teams and see the players that was on their team. None of those QBs you listed did it by themselves with no help

You miss the point. There are 22 players on a field. Of course somebody is going to something at some point (unless you played from 2006-2015 for the Cowboys, where only the QB made plays) however, those teams I mentioned don't even sniff the SB without those Qb's mentioned. Teams that still could easily win a SB without their Qb's..The Giants SB wins. The Patriots first 2 SB wins. I'd say the Ravens but Flaco went on a god like run for that team in the playoffs. The Broncos ins 2016 win with any QB, the Seahawks in 2014 probably pull it of with a different QB just because there defense and running game were the best in the league. The Ravens in 01 win with just about any QB. My point is, Dak Prescott could be that guy who is the QB for a team that wins the SB. He is not going to be the Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Mahomes of the team and we don't need him to be if we can spend money on other key positions that we need. If Dak is the highest paid player in the league (which he wants) then we don't sniff the SB. Look at Seattle. They have arguably the best QB in the entire league on their team. He got paid, they do nothing...Packers same thing... We pay Dak what he thinks he is worth and we are completely screwed.

If Dak was a no doubter top 3 QB in this league...sure pay him. Hope he takes us for a wild ride and does what very few "great" qbs do and carry us to a SB win. Being he is closer to a top 10-15 QB I don't really want to pay him like a top 3 in hopes he one day becomes a top 3 and wins one for us.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You miss the point. There are 22 players on a field. Of course somebody is going to something at some point (unless you played from 2006-2015 for the Cowboys, where only the QB made plays) however, those teams I mentioned don't even sniff the SB without those Qb's mentioned. Teams that still could easily win a SB without their Qb's..The Giants SB wins. The Patriots first 2 SB wins. I'd say the Ravens but Flaco went on a god like run for that team in the playoffs. The Broncos ins 2016 win with any QB, the Seahawks in 2014 probably pull it of with a different QB just because there defense and running game were the best in the league. The Ravens in 01 win with just about any QB. My point is, Dak Prescott could be that guy who is the QB for a team that wins the SB. He is not going to be the Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Mahomes of the team and we don't need him to be if we can spend money on other key positions that we need. If Dak is the highest paid player in the league (which he wants) then we don't sniff the SB. Look at Seattle. They have arguably the best QB in the entire league on their team. He got paid, they do nothing...Packers same thing... We pay Dak what he thinks he is worth and we are completely screwed.
I stopped reading after the first sentence because it's clear you can't own up to your mistake. Don't move the goal post. You said Dak can't win a superbowl by himself like other greats. I asked you to name a single QB that won by himself. That was your statement and now you want to change what was said.

Since you want to change the goal post I will accept, you have no idea if Dallas can win a superbowl without Dak however facts are since 95 with Aikman no other QB has even gotten Dallas out the divisional round much less a superbowl

kskboys

Reaction score

I agree w/ your first paragraph. Me too.

It's not that Dak doesn't lead comebacks, it's that he's inconsistent doing so. You know what's necessary to rally troops for a comeback? A D that can make stops. And that has been in short order.

And in this game, it took major horrific stupid play by the Rams to even give Dak a shot. You simply don't get that against most teams.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
What haters? So far I've never seen a Dak hater here. I've seen some fans critical of his performances, but that doesn't amount to hate. I've also seen some posters misusing the word "hate."

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
yesterday showed what he can do when given an outstanding game plan.

LOL at the thought that the Cowboys had an outstanding game plan against the Falcons, on either side of the ball. :lmao2:

The coordinators right now are the weak links, with stale predictable play calling early and often. Only when the Cowboys fall behind and helter skelter mode begins do we see any sense of urgency. Same ol' Cowboys. 8-8 bound, but hey, that likely wins this division so... Maybe this all comes together in the playoffs. :grin:

khiladi

Reaction score
This is year 5. Last week, the Dak-stans were blaming Schultz and the OL. They were blaming McCarthy for ‘not changing the offense’ that is hindering Dak and his other coaching decisions. If Dak wasn’t sucking, Dak-stans would have no reason to continually make excuses like this. So now Moore called a good game?

Again, offense struggles unless it’s up-tempo and he’s making one-read throws and he’s down by 20, defenses go soft to burn time and there is no pressure on him. Thus, the majority of the burden is on guys like Moore to go hurry up and Zeke and the RG, to keep wearing down the defense. Even the throw to Gallup on that amazing catch, it was a ONE-READ throw on a go-route, with no safety help that Dak was going to from the very beginning and the DB was playing him well.

Last week, he was ‘good’ in the second quarter only, a majority of the yardage came right before the half. You saw it all last year against good defenses that let the Cowboys move the ball when the game was basically over and they don’t make bone-headed decisions like the Falcons do.

Matt Ryan was dropping back on a 5-7 step drop on pretty much every throw he made downfield. Dak would completely scrub in that offense.

Dak had ZERO comebacks last year when down at the half. All his comebacks in 2016 were not comebacks, but bus-driving and not committing TOs, while the Cowboys relied on the RG to wear down defenses by the fourth. Dak is mediocre.

And him running for TDs on wide open lanes is not that impressive, after defenses key in on Zeke and bite. Falcons basically didn’t do what teams generally have been doing on those runs, which was keeping a defender as a spy on Dak to prevent exactly that. No Dak-hater thinks Dak can’t run the read option and play fake well, especially with a guy like Zeke in the back-field. That doesn’t make him a great QB.

Being a great QB is about consistency over the long haul. Every great QB has bad games. Every scrub or mediocre QB has good games, especially with talented rosters.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Oh, oh...your going to get H word for this post!
lol what is H word , hater?
more like R word for Realistic.

you shouldnt say dak is a bum or great after just 2 games with the new coaches.
I figure by mid season we or I should have a more realistic or informed opinion of him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is year 5. Last week, the Dak-stans were blaming Schultz and the OL. They were blaming McCarthy for ‘not changing the offense’ that is hindering Dak and his other coaching decisions. If Dak wasn’t sucking, Dak-stans would have no reason to continually make excuses like this. So now Moore called a good game?

Again, offense struggles unless it’s up-tempo and he’s making one-read throws and he’s down by 20, defenses go soft to burn time and there is no pressure on him. Thus, the majority of the burden is on guys like Moore to go hurry up and Zeke and the RG, to keep wearing down the defense. Even the throw to Gallup on that amazing catch, it was a ONE-READ throw on a go-route, with no safety help that Dak was going to from the very beginning and the DB was playing him well.

Last week, he was ‘good’ in the second quarter only, a majority of the yardage came right before the half. You saw it all last year against good defenses that let the Cowboys move the ball when the game was basically over and they don’t make bone-headed decisions like the Falcons do.

Matt Ryan was dropping back on a 5-7 step drop on pretty much every throw he made downfield. Dak would completely scrub in that offense.

Dak had ZERO comebacks last year when down at the half. All his comebacks in 2016 were not comebacks, but bus-driving and not committing TOs, while the Cowboys relied on the RG to wear down defenses by the fourth. Dak is mediocre.

And him running for TDs on wide open lanes is not that impressive, after defenses key in on Zeke and bite. Falcons basically didn’t do what teams generally have been doing on those runs, which was keeping a defender as a spy on Dak to prevent exactly that. No Dak-hater thinks Dak can’t run the read option and play fake well, especially with a guy like Zeke in the back-field. That doesn’t make him a great QB.

Being a great QB is about consistency over the long haul. Every great QB has bad games. Every scrub or mediocre QB has good games, especially with talented rosters.

..........said no one lol.