Serious question for Dak haters

bigE79

Reaction score
A lot of people like liver and onions, I'm not one of them. But, I would bet that if I told a liver lover I don't like liver, I'm sure they would not call me a "hater", they would probably laugh at me for not like that nasty stuff. Now, then, for all of you here that love liver and onions and I don't, don't call me a hater.
Lmao...I'm going to admit,I HATE BEETS..so any beet lovers out there disagree..sue me...I HATE BEETS!!!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
it has only been 2 games, and he had one good half.
lets hold on the anointing oil , and see how he does against seattle and the browns

bigE79

Reaction score
What? You don't like beets? Freaking hater! Take that!!
Oh damn,don't report me..yes I'm a beet hater and just to repeat myself one last time..I HATE THOSE UGLY FREAKING RED NASTY PUTRID EGG SHAPED THINGS..

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Oh damn,don't report me..yes I'm a beet hater and just to repeat myself one last time..I HATE THOSE UGLY FREAKING RED NASTY PUTRID EGG SHAPED THINGS..

I bet I hate them more than you do.

bigE79

Reaction score
I bet I hate them more than you do.
Doubt it bro,my hate began in nursery school when I was 3,and one of the things they fed us was these big fat red beets that I was FORCED to eat,that was in 1968,and I can still remember that taste and smell...ugggh

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Monster of a difference between a detractor and a hater.

No, there's really not many more than that. Most people are on the fence re Dak. And rightly so. He's been wildly inconsistent up to this point. He was terrible in the first game, great in the 2nd. My mind is still not made up, but I definitely have not seen a 40 mil player up to this point.

Most posters are not set in their opinions on Dak. What you see are the 10 lovers constantly fighting the 10 haters. Most posters stay out of the Dak arguments due to the extreme vitriol spewing.

"Terrible" in the first game might be overstating a bit. Very few QBs can look good when the d-line is in their lap by the time the shotgun snap arrives. The line got their ***** whupped against the Rams and the result was Dak running for his life and/or throwing out of a silo for much of the game. As I am fond of saying, the QB has not been born who can beat you while laying flat on his back. I have not seen anything from any QB in my over 50 years of watching football to change that stance.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
There are a lot of you. Question - Is there anything he can do to change your mind? Would a SB win do it? League MVP? NFC Championship? 40 TDs? Anything?

Is it the contract? Is it because he is not Mahomes or Wilson?

Dak haters and fans agree that Dak can be inconsistent with accuracy but I think he adds toughness, running ability and leadership.

Serious question so don’t be nasty. What, if anything, could he do to win you over?

I don't hate Dak, but I do recognize his short comings. He isn't the QB that you can win with without having a significant amount of weapons. Let me explain it like this - see Russel Wilson, there's a guy who you can rely on to win games without the need to have tons of talent around him. This means that you can pay him big bucks and the team will continue winning. Dak however I don't see that in him. I see a guy who needs the big back and the big OLine and the WR's and TE's to be successful. Now ask how we expect to be competitive when a major percentage of the salary cap is occupied by one guys contract?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I don't hate Dak, but I do recognize his short comings. He isn't the QB that you can win with without having a significant amount of weapons. Let me explain it like this - see Russel Wilson, there's a guy who you can rely on to win games without the need to have tons of talent around him. This means that you can pay him big bucks and the team will continue winning. Dak however I don't see that in him. I see a guy who needs the big back and the big OLine and the WR's and TE's to be successful. Now ask how we expect to be competitive when a major percentage of the salary cap is occupied by one guys contract?

This may be true but it was not true early in his career. In fact I'm sure you will recall the knock on Russ for the first 3-4 years of his career was that the defense and Marshawn Lynch carried him and all he did was drive the bus. Mind you I have a long standing belief that Dak should take less than top of market so he can have better teammates for the length of his career. Russ got all his money but he will likely never get anywhere near another Super Bowl and his salary will be a huge reason why.

pansophy

Reaction score
More exaggerations and lies to make a point. I never said accuracy was irrelevant. I simply said that accuracy wasn't a huge problem or a fatal flow that you said it was.

Your mistake was thinking that rookies are finished products.

If YOU had given Dak a chance, we probably arent having THIS conversation. Ironically, I could see how good Dak was very early...............despite my "concerns" as you put it.

So you want credit for predicting Dak would improve to the level he is. Congrats. I’m simply observing his progression.

You say I exaggerate and I say you speak in double talk. People were either correct that he had issues that made it uncertain if he would ultimately be successful or he was an elite QB when he walked onto the field. You can’t have it both ways that he both needed to improve his game and he has always been a great QB.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
This may be true but it was not true early in his career. In fact I'm sure you will recall the knock on Russ for the first 3-4 years of his career was that the defense and Marshawn Lynch carried him and all he did was drive the bus. Mind you I have a long standing belief that Dak should take less than top of market so he can have better teammates for the length of his career. Russ got all his money but he will likely never get anywhere near another Super Bowl and his salary will be a huge reason why.

True, the Seahawks might not win another title but they have be consistent at getting into the playoffs which is what you want to give yourself a chance to contend for a title.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
True, the Seahawks might not win another title but they have be consistent at getting into the playoffs which is what you want to give yourself a chance to contend for a title.

Yes they will get there every year but breaking the bank at the QB position has pretty much been the death knell for any team's Super Bowl chances. It's a cliche but the reason Tom Brady has six rings is he never took top of market money which enabled the Pats to take a flyer on a half a dozen guys every year. Even if only a third of them panned out the net result was the Pats had the ability to consistently replenish despite always drafting in the 30s. I don't feel like it's talked about nearly enough, frankly. Time will tell if the "I'm the highest paid player ever" mantle will be the undoing of Mahomes because they have so many young guys right now. But check back in 2-3 years when teams start poaching his teammates and that coaching staff. That's just the way it goes.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Russell Wilson is very underrated. He has been a top 5 QB his whole career. Great player.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So you want credit for predicting Dak would improve to the level he is. Congrats. I’m simply observing his progression.

You say I exaggerate and I say you speak in double talk. People were either correct that he had issues that made it uncertain if he would ultimately be successful or he was an elite QB when he walked onto the field. You can’t have it both ways that he both needed to improve his game and he has always been a great QB.

It was obvious Dak was going to be a good one. Some saw it and some didnt. .

Saying he sucks and should be cut is different then needs to grow like any young QB.

But nice try. As you obviously failed to realize, Rookie QB's dont come without things to improve on.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Personally no one should give a **** what any haters have to say. It's Jones' decision and that's the end of it. If you don't like his decision, then YOU have the right to leave the team which you should if you're frustrated with said player.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
For me not a dak hater the most frustrating part of his game is the Apparent freezing in the pocket. It drives me nuts. I know we don’t see what he sees but it seems like he double clutches and then doesn’t have a back up plan and ends up getting sacked. That fear of making a mistake will be something I think we will have to live with, but I just wish he’d try to turn it into a scramble or something.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Ill agree with you on dislike..hate I don't agree with at all...have you ever disliked a cowboy player,I'm sure you have at one time or another,I know I have,Alex barron,chaz green for example,I truly disliked them,but I never hated them..just because you think it doesn't make it true.
There are some people here, like in all walks of life, who have hate in their heart. It’s that simple.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Doubt it bro,my hate began in nursery school when I was 3,and one of the things they fed us was these big fat red beets that I was FORCED to eat,that was in 1968,and I can still remember that taste and smell...ugggh
Beets got nothing on brussel sprouts. I don’t care if they’ve got new ways of preparing them so you think you’re eating popcorn, they are disgusting

pansophy

Reaction score
It was obvious Dak was going to be a good one. Some saw it and some didnt. .

Saying he sucks and should be cut is different then needs to grow like any young QB.

But nice try. As you obviously failed to realize, Rookie QB's dont come without things to improve on.
I never argued he should be cut, but ok.