Serious Question: Is Dak better now than Romo in his prime?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak has improved and what not but I think Romo was greater with less

They are both very comparative. I give Dak the nod on leadership and game management, dual thread. I give Romo the nod on pure passing and pocket savvy.

Both of them had or are having their careers wasted by Jones inability to put the proper team around them.

Both of them were top 10 but not elite. Both were plenty good enough to win a championship.

Ken

Reaction score
The reason is because Romo was hurt, not many would take Dak over Romo all things being equal not even a debate.
LOL. So Dak stepped in for a veteran Romo and played better than he did?

Is that what I am to understand? lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
LOL! Romo was very good though not great. He was far better at the LOS pre snap. He was also a more accurate passer. Generally speaking the receiver did not need to contort their body to bring the ball in and could hit runners in stride.

Nonsense. Romo would toss the ball up for a jump ball for Dez half the time. If he was more accurate then why did he throw almost twice the amount of picks at the worst times? Romo didnt have what Dak had mentally and emotionally or in clutch situations. Leadership goes to Dak. Ill give romo the pocket savvy and pure passer abilities, but its not that far off.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Dak's Cowboys won 11 in a row and Dak won rookie of the year. One of the best rookie seasons in NFL history.

You understand what you want to understand. Dak was clearly better than Romo his first year and few years in the NFL.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Nonsense. Romo would toss the ball up for a jump ball for Dez half the time. If he was more accurate then why did he throw almost twice the amount of picks at the worst times? Romo didnt have what Dak had mentally and emotionally or in clutch situations. Leadership goes to Dak. Ill give romo the pocket savvy and pure passer abilities, but its not that far off.
Romo dumped Jessica Simpson on her Birthday that alone makes him better than Dak

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Romo dumped Jessica Simpson on her Birthday that alone makes him better than Dak

LOL................Have we even seen one Dak GF? He keeps that stuff pretty quiet.

I am in a unique situation because I dont have a bias. I loved both QB's.

The two QB's are very different, but overall its almost a standoff. Depending on the type of team I had around the QB would depend on which QB I would take over the other.

However I find myself defending Dak more because of all the Romo cry babies that pop up in these type of threads and spread lies.

Brax

Reaction score

No you don’t understand or you just don’t get it Dak played because TR was hurt that’s why he played and to get back on target Dak isn’t close to TR yet and as his injuries pile up the excuses will pile up just like they did for TR.

Swagger

Reaction score
Watch Romo against the Legion of Boom in their back yard with special teams gaffs and all sorts going against him yet he still got it done. Converting several key quarterback downs against an elite defense. Then think about Dak Prescott...

Swagger

Reaction score
On a good day Dak Prescott plays like Alex Smith and on a bad day he plays like a competition winner from the crowd (most likely a linebacker back in college)

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Dak has improved and what not but I think Romo was greater with less
I'd say no.

At his prime (near the end) Romo talked about how the game slowed down and he was able to read the defenses more easily. It made him a better player, made the offense better.

I think Dak's still not there yet but could (and will) get there sooner than Romo did