Video: Shan and RJ: What do NFL execs, coaches and players think of Jaylon Smith

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Here's the clear eye view. Jaylon you suck! Don't know how he can sit behind the microphone and just say watch the tape. Clearly we have, they have, and the consensus is you suck. I'm so glad we drafted Parsons.

Creeper

Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence not in the top 16 edge players. Color me shocked. But he makes $21 million a year close to the top among DEs (he is 4th highest). Good job by Jerry. Maybe he make Connor Williams the second highest paid OG after this season.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
If there are better lb's, hopefully they make the field over jaylon, but jaylon is good enough to get quality snaps. It is up to the coaches to put everyone in positions to make the LB's top notch.

Marinelli had him playing well when he got that contract. He was getting lots of sacks and other stuff

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So after hearing those guys listed....it just goes to show that the NFL just doesn't have that many good linebackers it seems.....

Their point about PFF is one of I've been wondering though...people can sit here and knock PFF but usually their rankings are on par with most rankings....but Devin White....I'm not sure how they got to his grade. As a matter of fact its a few of those guys not hat list with terrible grades....Patrick Queen is another one.

75boyz

Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence not in the top 16 edge players. Color me shocked. But he makes $21 million a year close to the top among DEs (he is 4th highest). Good job by Jerry. Maybe he make Connor Williams the second highest paid OG after this season.

Yep. I didn't have a huge issue with Zeke getting the consensus vote as most overpaid based off production for his last year or 2 but Lawrence is definitely in the same conversation imo.

And Jaylon is downright stealing money at this point.
Excellent post.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
So after hearing those guys listed....it just goes to show that the NFL just doesn't have that many good linebackers it seems.....

Their point about PFF is one of I've been wondering though...people can sit here and knock PFF but usually their rankings are on par with most rankings....but Devin White....I'm not sure how they got to his grade. As a matter of fact its a few of those guys not hat list with terrible grades....Patrick Queen is another one.
Bush will be another emerging star, but coming off injury

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If there are better lb's, hopefully they make the field over jaylon, but jaylon is good enough to get quality snaps. It is up to the coaches to put everyone in positions to make the LB's top notch.

Marinelli had him playing well when he got that contract. He was getting lots of sacks and other stuff

HE had ONE good year. I actually think he looked better than he actually was because his sack numbers got to 6 I believe. Obviously that was a fluke.

terra

Reaction score

I have watched these so called rankings from PFF for over 10 years and I for one do not see why anyone would be stupid enough to pay for their crap.

terra

Reaction score
HE had ONE good year. I actually think he looked better than he actually was because his sack numbers got to 6 I believe. Obviously that was a fluke.
If he had one good year then there is no reason there should not be more.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

maybe so, but contract aside, if he gets beat out, he will be really high quality depth. We have a nice lb core. The contract is what it is

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He looked better overall in 2018 than he has in 2019 and 20. However, both he and LVE got exposed badly in the Colts and Rams game that year, so you have to wonder if they were using them in a way that wasnt sustainable. After the tail end of 2018, it was downhill for both players. LVE hasnt looked anywhere near as good as 2018 even when healthy

T-RO

Reaction score
Their point about PFF is one of I've been wondering though...people can sit here and knock PFF but usually their rankings are on par with most rankings....but Devin White....I'm not sure how they got to his grade.

Despite his speed White wasn't good in pass coverage.

Pro Football Focus dings White for allowing 87.8% of his 98 targets this season to have been caught, with opposing pass-catchers tallying 761 yards and four touchdowns against White in coverage.

Source: https://www.si.com/nfl/buccaneers/n...in-white-new-orleans-saints-coverage-playoffs

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think a lot of people, have mud in their eyes. And one is not Jaylon.
:popcorn:
:muttley:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score