Adult Language Shannon Sharpe Tries To Push A Narrative, But Only Shows His Lack Of Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagman

Reaction score
I wonder if Horse Face realizes that the concept of a salary cap ISN'T Dak vs Jerry..... It's Dak vs Micah vs CeeDee vs Diggs etc....More $$$ given to one guy means less to others. Then Horse Face will be screaming at Jerry to pay Micah, then to pay CeeDee. What an idiot.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
He's RIGHT about Romo vs. Dak. Romo got for free what Dak had to earn.

Dak has ALWAYS put in "Peyton Manning hours". Jerry paid Romo and then basically said "hopefully Romo puts in those Peyton Manning hours NOW...".

I rock with you and the other haters but you guys need to put down your pitchforks and come back to facts and reason.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Dak has ALWAYS put in "Peyton Manning hours". Jerry paid Romo and then basically said "hopefully Romo puts in those Peyton Manning hours NOW...".
Romo was a top 10 QB cap hit once in his entire career.

Romo was a decent QB that was paid like a decent QB.

Dak on the other hand….

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On here saying Dak won more playoff games than Romo which is false.

Regarding the contract stuff……

Romo only had a top 10 QB cap hit ONCE in his career and that was in 2010 when his cap hit was 8th amoung QBs.

Shannon missed on this one.

The vibe on this is BS..............and has nothing to do with the game of football.

1942willys

Reaction score

I rock with you and the other haters but you guys need to put down your pitchforks and come back to facts and reason.
Romo was also chosen to start by a REAL FOOTBALL COACH and Dak was not.
Dak got his job because the starter got injured and was never allowed to compete to get it back
see how that works?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Romo was also chosen to start by a REAL FOOTBALL COACH and Dak was not.
Dak got his job because the starter got injured and was never allowed to compete to get it back
see how that works?
Dak has been coddled since he’s been here. That’s a problematic, anti-Jimmy Johnson philosophy that has been in place for years. It is a significant reason why this team hasn’t won anything of significance for decades. Players have to compete and feel like their job is in jeopardy. Romo went through that kind of thing himself. I don’t know if this approach is changing, but the current attitude towards free agency and Dak seems like it has started to shift away from it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This is true but needs context........
Even Romo and Jason Witten admitted you had to keep playing Dak with the roll he was on. But here is the thing, if Romo truly believed he had plenty left in the tank to continue his career, he was a free agent after the Cowboys released him ( couldn't find a trade partner BTW ). He could have signed with another team but he didn't. The point is, Romo's body was done, shot........little or nothing left in the tank and he knew it. So did the rest of the league.......hint no team would trade for him.

I always said Tony Romo was a better QB than rookie Dak Prescott IF/WHEN he is healthy but healthy is the key.

foofighters

Reaction score
On here saying Dak won more playoff games than Romo which is false.

Regarding the contract stuff……

Romo only had a top 10 QB cap hit ONCE in his career and that was in 2010 when his cap hit was 8th amoung QBs.

Shannon missed on this one.

who listens to this guy? I can't stand SAS but I'd listen to him over sharpe. Sharpe is a meathead who talks with marbles in his mouth. If the guy wasn't built like a greek god, he'd be on tv selling cars at the car dealership he bought.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This has been the longest off-season ever. And we have a long way to go yet.
We have 2 weeks until the draft. Then the schedule release and then OTA's. Hopefully we get more topics than we have now which seem to be the same ones over and over.

Danny White, Tony Romo, Dak Prescott, all are about the same. But I will take Danny White, then Tony Romo. I would take Dak over all the other QB's between Troy Aikman and Tony Romo.

Waiting to see what Trey Lance shows is about the only thing I am looking for in TC and PS games. Can be some good / bad debates on that.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
BTW..an interesting comment by Cam, Dak trying to be too politically correct for Jerry.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.