Adult Language Shannon Sharpe Tries To Push A Narrative, But Only Shows His Lack Of Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
If this was all just Jerry not wanting to pay Dak he wouldn't have given him that ridiculous contract the first time. Jerry is going to extend him again it's just a matter of time.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The response to this dialogue is EXACTLY why Dak Haters will NEVER accept Prescott!

The Team Captains Zack Martin, Travis Frederick, Tyron Smith, Demarcus Lawrence and Jason Witten chose rookie Dakota Prescott over Tony Romo. It was a Lockerroom decision that could have destroyed the team chemistry if Jerry or Stephen installed Romo....the coup was over before the golf club crew knew it started.

The facts are Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones treated Tony Romo's contract better than the HOF players he played with....ALL the HOFers Tony Romo played with left because of contract issues, had holdouts and played on other teams...arguing that Romo was treated the same by the Jones is cognitive dissonance....

HOF TE and a Generational QB with skin on the walls give opinions based on facts and experience...

The Cap is a myth.

Dak Haters pontificate on the word "probably"...

Dak Haters are very astute people :laugh: :laugh:
As Barry Church said, "I knew it was over when Jason Witten was behind Dak as the starter...."

Not saying it was right or wrong decision, because in his interview Church looks back like the rest of us wondering if Romo would have gone all the way instead of Dak.

But people who won't admit that Dak had the entire locker room behind him are living in fantasy. He may still have it right now, even with all the Playoff chokes. I'm sure all the players feel responsible. I was watching Micah's behavior on his podcast, and you could tell he is exasperated about it when talking with CeeDee trying to figure out what they are doing wrong. It's in their head now, all of them.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
He's RIGHT about Romo vs. Dak. Romo got for free what Dak had to earn.

Dak has ALWAYS put in "Peyton Manning hours". Jerry paid Romo and then basically said "hopefully Romo puts in those Peyton Manning hours NOW...".

I rock with you and the other haters but you guys need to put down your pitchforks and come back to facts and reason.
Bogus narrative... Jerry wasn't talking about hours, he was talking about the control he was giving Romo over the offense, while starting to strip Garrett of play-calling duties. Rom wasn't even in the offensive early game planning meetings when Garrett had full control. Romo had leverage with the contract to strip play-calling from Jason, which was well-nigh impossible for a long tiem considering JG was JJ's pet project. On the other hand, they just spent last training camp dumbing down the offense more for Dak so he'd stop throwing directly to DBs when the responsibilites get too much for him to go to his second read.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2013/08/08/tony-romo-dallas-cowboys/2634049/

When Jones, the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, gave Romo a six-year contract extension this spring worth up to $108 million, Jones wasn't looking for a better work ethic. Jones wanted Romo to have a bigger stake in the offense. To do that, Romo would need to spend more time at Valley Ranch, time in game-planning meetings when other players are off.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
If you didn't see the interview with Cam Newton and Shannon Sharpe, he mentioned that Dak doesn't have the personality to have that forceful approach with the organization. Cam mentioned that DAK needs to take control of situations on this team basically saying "THIS IS MY TEAM" let's do it this way!! He also said that he can't see Dak doing this, and being this way because he's such a personable guy. Is this what Dak should consider doing? It would be weird to go from one way to another way. If he wants to truly finish his career here, it might not be a bad option. Please give your thoughts
His personality is that way, because he can't. The offense is simple so he won't make bone-headed throws. Linehan spent 3 years making sure everything was easy for Brainiac.. The Cowboys went from a bottom-of-the-league team in play-action usage to top 3 with Linehan for Dak.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Big difference in cap hits of $12-$16 million compared to $60!!!!

I have no problem letting Dak walk or re-signing him. But at the cost he is going to get just isn’t worth it.
It's percentage of cap taken that matters.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
His personality is that way, because he can't. The offense is simple so he won't make bone-headed throws. Linehan spent 3 years making sure everything was easy for Brainiac.. The Cowboys went from a bottom-of-the-league team in play-action usage to top 3 with Linehan for Dak.
I'm ready for a complete overhaul of the offense i'm sorry, even the texas toast addition they added too

khiladi

Reaction score
The QB contracts were huge for the time. They, like everything else, raised with the salary cap.

The point is Romo was never a big hit against our cap the way Dak is.
And they actually came to Romo to re-do the contract to free up additional space. And he wasn't made the highest paid QB in the league, he was made the highest paid QB in FRANCHISE HISTORY...

starfan1

Reaction score
As Barry Church said, "I knew it was over when Jason Witten was behind Dak as the starter...."

Not saying it was right or wrong decision, because in his interview Church looks back like the rest of us wondering if Romo would have gone all the way instead of Dak. Every year is different and maybe if you give Romo a couple more shots he gets its it done but the 2014 team was better than the 16 team and they failed. It wasnt on romo necessarily but this narrative thatsits the QBs fault is garbage. Its never one thing and if you are going to affixiate on 1 thing it should be skelator.

But people who won't admit that Dak had the entire locker room behind him are living in fantasy. He may still have it right now, even with all the Playoff chokes. I'm sure all the players feel responsible. Because they all are responsible I was watching Micah's behavior on his podcast, and you could tell he is exasperated about it when talking with CeeDee trying to figure out what they are doing wrong. It's in their head now, all of them.
I really feel like it comes down to run defense and being able to run.Fix those 2 things we are golden

Bagman

Reaction score
The vibe on this is BS..............and has nothing to do with the game of football.
Agree 100%. Even bringing up Romo screams an agenda from Sharpe. Romo is not on this team. Romo's salary does not count on the 2024 cap. He's just dragging a tired narrative into a non story.

Big_D

Reaction score
They dumped Romo, who sat on the bench for years, and carried the team for years when it stunk, for Dak, who got to stroll into an offense with 3 All Pro linemen and an All Pro Running back as a rookie.

Some rather pretend there's no difference. The STs draft, the RW trade, the complete failure to draft linemen because he was a mobile QB. Jerry was on top of his game as far as asinine decisions go from the second Parcells left. It's actually mind blowing to think these QBs have had to deal with the same issues. It's not even close.

khiladi

Reaction score

Not saying it was right or wrong decision, because in his interview Church looks back like the rest of us wondering if Romo would have gone all the way instead of Dak.

But people who won't admit that Dak had the entire locker room behind him are living in fantasy. He may still have it right now, even with all the Playoff chokes. I'm sure all the players feel responsible. I was watching Micah's behavior on his podcast, and you could tell he is exasperated about it when talking with CeeDee trying to figure out what they are doing wrong. It's in their head now, all of them.
That was definitely the big reason. They were all young players and they related to Dak. Zeke was best buddies with him and the OL players were also partying with him. Garrett also knew Romo stripped him of play-calling duties. The idiot that is Jerry decided to listen to a bunch of young kids regarding the team. The other point is Dak was on a rookie contract and we know how cheap the Jones are now.

khiladi

Reaction score
Some rather pretend there's no difference. The STs draft, the RW trade, the complete failure to draft linemen because he was a mobile QB. Jerry was on top of his game as far as asinine decisions go from the second Parcells left. It's actually mind blowing to think these QBs have had to deal with the same issues. It's not even close.
Don't forget Jerry's dream that Garrett would turn into gold, so he gave him carte blanche with regards to the offense and play-calling duties.

Motorola

Reaction score
DO NOT USE QUOTES FROM THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS.

DO NOT POST DMN QUOTES EVEN IF YOU DO NOT CITE THE SOURCE.

CowboysZone does not permit DMN content of any kind. Posted DMN content will be deleted and the CowboysZone member may be given a warning for posting DMN content.
Cowboys Zone Members - Follow The Rules.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
That was definitely the big reason. They were all young players and they related to Dak. Zeke was best buddies with him and the OL players were also partying with him. Garrett also knew Romo stripped him of play-calling duties. The idiot that is Jerry decided to listen to a bunch of young kids regarding the team. The other point is Dak was on a rookie contract and we know how cheap the Jones are now.
I saw the Patriots Dynasty series on AppleTV and Brady talked a lot about what he did his first year as a starter to win his teammates over. Maybe Dak was just a better leader? Brady used to go out for drinking contests with his offensive linemen, and even sneak in water so he would win. He went above and beyond to be one of the boys, so that the guys would play for him, and Damien Woody talked about and how Brady won them over Bledsoe. I'm sure something similar happened with Dak. Like @Qcard said, we can't get too caught up in nonsense just because there is a strong faction that wants to get rid of the guy. Doesn't mean he's not a leader or great teammate. They've been saying that stuff since day one. As fans though, we could probaly care less at this point, and just want to see something happen in the Tourney.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
These media people are all the same. Just pay Dak whatever he wants, just pay CD whatever he wants, just pay Parsons whatever he wants. Keep all your free agents, sign free agents from other teams. How?

Dak is a top 10 to 12 quarterback that will only have success surrounded by talent. You can’t pay him as if he is elite and at the same time surround him with the talent he needs. Heck, I’m not sure he can win the big one even if he had the best roster in the NFL surrounding him. It might be time to move on. Figure out a way to convince him to waive the no trade clause and build a roster that a bus driver can win with.

Status
Not open for further replies.